Single Edits

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

Goodnightgoodnight
Known user

Single Edits

Post by Goodnightgoodnight »

Hope it's not too cheeky to ask for officially released material, but I was a) wondering what Spiritualized tracks had specific single edits, and b) where one could find them?

I know Soul on Fire has one (and I have it)
I don't suppose the Abbey Road EP counts as they're re-recordings....
Wherever I look for the edits of Stop Your Crying and Out Of Sight as from the videos, the singles themselves seem to have the album versions? Or have I not been looking in the right places? I'd be interested if anyone had these.
The Feel So Sad 7" version might count, although again it's an entirely different version.
And the other one I can think of right now is the single edit for Sweet Talk, for which promos are floating about but ebay and discogs don't seem to have any. Was the b-side of that a BBC version of You Lie You Cheat as well?

Thanks for any help.
PopeJez
Known user

Re: Single Edits

Post by PopeJez »

The Complete Works contain a good selection of single edits. After that there are single edits of Soul on Fire and Sweet Talk / You Lie You Cheat as a promo.
Sim
Known user

Re: Single Edits

Post by Sim »

There's quite a few with 'single' or 'radio' edits. Bear in mind that I didn't have a turntable when I acquired some of the vinyl so actually may not have listened to some of them (must go back and do this, might be able to record them at the same time).

Actually I guess a lot of these may have been included on the Real Complete Works put together by some very kind souls here (I never had a copy so can't confirm).

Anyway That You Want Me - 7" one-sided promo is listed as Radio Edit
Feel So Sad - white label 7" has two different edits of Feel So Sad
Why Don't You Smile Now - 7" and CD single have an edit
Medication - 7" has a Radio Edit
I Think I'm In Love - CD single has Radio Edit (sacrilege!)
Stop Your Crying - CD promos have 'SAS Single Version' - no idea what SAS stood for? - easy to find these on Ebay
Out of Sight - CD promos have Single Version - again Ebay good source
Soul on Fire - CD & 7" have Single Edit as you point out
Sweet Talk - CD promo has Single Edit

The version of You Lie You Cheat on the Sweet Talk CD promo is the album version. The abandoned double 7" was going to have the Evening Session versions of Sweet Talk & YLYC on the flips.