M I S S I S S I P P I C S R

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

kuniko
Known user

M I S S I S S I P P I C S R

Post by kuniko »

Eric at Mississippi Records has informed me, to my massive delight, that I- amongst other non-Portland based fans of Mississippi Records, have inspired a Community Supported Record program! As is Eric's style, this is not being promoted in any other way than word of mouth, so here I am proselytizing the GOOD NEWS.

From the site:
"We started this website in order to answer a question I’m often asked whenever I stray from my neighborhood in Portland: "Is there a way I can sign up to some sort of subscription series and get the Mississippi releases as they come out?" After years of resistance for no good reason, we’ve decided to team up with our friend Raf, who runs the excellent website Eggy mailorder, and make this a request we can fill.

If you choose to join, you will receive every Mississippi/Change release as it comes out. You will be guaranteed copies of every release, no matter how limited the pressing. Your records will be shipped immediately upon their release, at the same time that we ship copies to stores all over the world.

The purpose of the CSR is to give people who don't live in Portland, or do not live at their local record store, a chance to get the more limited Mississippi/Change releases. The CSR also gives you an opportunity to support our label in its mission to keep prices low, to make important cultural information available to those who care, and to support artists and their ancestors who have all too often been screwed by the mainstream record industry. We consider the CSR a partnership between ourselves and our customers. We will do everything in our power to honor the trust members put in us. We plan on showing appreciation to members by randomly including special free records and other shwag in packages, on occasion."

Tell everyone who believes, "ALWAYS- LOVE OVER GOLD" It is limited to 300 subscribers, so if you or someone you know wants in, get on it!

http://sites.google.com/site/mississippicsr/

xxx

kuniko
marcvolta
Known user

Re: M I S S I S S I P P I C S R

Post by marcvolta »

MY god Kuniko, thank you!!!!
i never would have found out about this in time to join, if ever...

cheers!
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Lovelyyyyyyyyy. I think I'll have to do this.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Thank you for supporting this local and much loved business!

:D
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

Im quite up for doing this as their records are always a joy to listen to but, at the moment Im on the bones of my arse skint.
As its only check or cash and Im not stateside I was wondering if when I have some money I paypal the $300 to one of you statesiders (as a gift) would you be kind enough to sign me up?
http://www.soundcloud.com/haarlemriots
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

I'd be happy to help out. Just let me know when you are ready.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

Thanks spzretent that's really nice of you! Much appreciated!
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Simon, I'm happy to help too.
kuniko
Known user

Post by kuniko »

Hi Simon-

From their web page:
"International subscribers: Paypal is accepted but only from international customers. Send an email to mississippisubscription@gmail.com to get the pertinent info. "

Did you try contacting them? Eric has always been so very kind and generous when it comes to getting records to the people who really cherish them. They take such good, good care- and it carries through to every aspect of the label, shop, and records. There are little wavy love lines coming off the vinyl sitting on my shelves right now! I bet something can be worked out, thought it looks like you might be able to just send money straight through Paypal.

xxx
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

Thanks everyone for the offers of help and assistance! This forum really is full of the nicest people!
Thanks kuniko , I'll drop Eric a line and see what he says. Cheers all!!!
kuniko
Known user

Post by kuniko »

Simon- The email addy I copied in the post goes to Raf, who is handling the logistics of the CSR program and who also is very nice! I hope it all works out for ya!
xxx
flokie
Known user

Post by flokie »

Not exactly about Mississippi records, but this thread is probably as good as any for my query.

I inherited a 1910s Victrola gramophone from my grandfather - and plenty of shellac 78 rpm records, but the huge majority of these are opera, which isn't something I'm very interested in. I'd love to get my hands on American gospel/blues records - the kind that Mississippi are reissuing eg.

I did a quick search on ebay, and the little that was to be found was actually rather pricey. Does anyone here know of any online shop that may sell such recordings? Any idea would be appreciated!
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

flokie wrote:Not exactly about Mississippi records, but this thread is probably as good as any for my query.

I inherited a 1910s Victrola gramophone from my grandfather - and plenty of shellac 78 rpm records, but the huge majority of these are opera, which isn't something I'm very interested in. I'd love to get my hands on American gospel/blues records - the kind that Mississippi are reissuing eg.

I did a quick search on ebay, and the little that was to be found was actually rather pricey. Does anyone here know of any online shop that may sell such recordings? Any idea would be appreciated!
Flokie — you might want to speak to semisynthetic. He has a huge collection and knows quite a bit about this.

B,

M
Design.
flokie
Known user

Post by flokie »

I've pm'ed him, thanks for the suggestion Modlab.