Goat : World Music LP

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

TheWarmth
Known user

Goat : World Music LP

Post by TheWarmth »

My Goat LP just arrived! I'm very excited to hear this. The artwork is great: nice die-cut sleeve and orange vinyl. Has anyone listened to this yet?
Shinesalight
Known user

Re: Goat : World Music LP

Post by Shinesalight »

I think it got record of the week in my local record store if this is what you are talking about:-

http://www.resident-music.com/productde ... t_id=21629

Is it any good? They had it on the stero yesterday when I went in to get some tickets and the new Six Organs LP, but wasn't that keen on the bit I heard.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

I have their first 7" and I like it quite a bit. There are a few other tracks floating around YouTube, too. I won't have a chance to listen to this for a few days, though. Pretty busy at the moment. I will report back as soon as I've disgested it.
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

yes got it on Saturday ,still kinda absorbing it at the moment ,but it sounds really good so far ,no download code though ,bit disappointed by that but hey ho, I shall get some mp3`s somehow .
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

I'll transfer it when I have time.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

How is this full length LP? I love what I have heard online. Does the record maintain that standard?
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

redcloud wrote:How is this full length LP? I love what I have heard online. Does the record maintain that standard?
definitley!! if you like what you`ve heard so far I think you`ll love it ,can see this album easily being one of my favs. this year ,buy with confidence I would say,
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Right on! Looking forward to hearing it! 8)
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Hmmm... For me it's another case of "Don't Believe The Hype", which, to be honest, is what i thought the outcome would be. I mean it's fine, ok, alright etc. but it's no storming psychedelic monster, no genre defying slab of genius. Definitely no 5 or 4 star album. Who knows, maybe i'll love it in 4 years time when there's no fuss whatsoever!

Nice organ sound though.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

Hype? They're gotten a few short interviews and some good album reviews. I wouldn't call that hype. They're still pretty far underground.
Hofstadter
Known user

Post by Hofstadter »

No doubt this album is super fun! Goathead-->Goatman-->Disco Fever is pretty killer - I do however get some feeling about it... it just sorta feels like there is something fantastical about it, like it's not quite real. It's almost cheesy at times (the guitar/organ) BUT it just adds to the fun a little bit. It feels like you need to buy into the whole story/sound... but once you do it's good silly fun. I just think there is something really funny about the obsession with goats. I like that... I think it contributes to this feeling that I'm getting that there is some slight tongue-in-cheek element to the album, like it's all a wry little joke of theirs, but one that still shreds at times and is a blast to listen to. So yeah, it'll be interesting to see if this GoatWorld is one I feel like revisiting a few months down the line. Super glad I came across it, wouldn't have had any idea about it if it weren't for this thread.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

I managed to listen to this album in full twice and am currently playing it again.

My thoughts.....I am really intrigued by the African/Caribbean/Pacific Island sound to this album. BUT.......I think Hofstadter hits the nail on the head with the below quote:
Hofstadter wrote:I do however get some feeling about it... it just sorta feels like there is something fantastical about it, like it's not quite real.
I totally agree. What I am still trying to wrap my head around is how a few white Swedish guys from a small village can sound so tribal. I’m actually astonished that they are not from African descent. Because of this there is something entirely inauthentic about the record. Even the old footage from the Bronx (?) seems somewhat bogus in the video for "Let It Bleed".

I have travelled a fair bit in my life and I know that Sweden and Scandinavia are becoming more multicultural but, and correct me if I am wrong, it's still not as diverse as NYC, LA, Toronto or London...is it? I also don't understand what the message is supposed to be in the "Let It Bleed" video that shows poverty and a decaying American slum in the 70's (Bronx?). How can the band even relate to the inner city African-American kids/people living in these deprived ghettos? There is a sense of glamorization in how inner city poverty is portrayed. It's kind of like when rap moved from the streets into the white middle class suburbs and a generation of white kids were trying to look, sound and act like they were from the mean streets of Philadelphia or East St. Louis.

My conundrum is...musically there is much that I like about the album. It really appeals to me. I love some of the funky, fuzzy guitar, the tribal percussion and the cheesy keys. On the surface I also really like the tribal aspect of it. But, and this is the problem I guess for me...it doesn't penetrate any deeper than the surface. Also, the more I read about this band and this record the more I really do question its honesty. Harsh assessment? Maybe. But, that's where I am leaning at the moment. Also, to go back to what sunray hinted at....I think I will find myself putting on the WITCH box set (Seventies garage psych band from Zambia) for years to come. I'm not sure if Goat's record holds the same appeal or will be one I continually go back to. But, who knows.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

TheWarmth wrote:Hype? They're gotten a few short interviews and some good album reviews. I wouldn't call that hype. They're still pretty far underground.
I meant "Hype" relatively speaking. No, they're not going to bother the general populace but within our own little psych world they've been getting a lot of hype. At least that's how it appears to me.

I posted in some other thread a while back how I have a dislike for all the OTT write ups and reviews that accompany so many releases within the psych/garage etc. world and how I found the reality of the music hardly ever matched up to the words written about it. I feel this is another album that falls into that category. It's alright but it's not the great piece of work we've been lead to believe it was. I'll stick with it though and maybe it will reveal itself to me over time.

I think people misunderstood my 4 year comment; I didn't mean no-one would be listening to this album in 4 years time but that I might find it more enjoyable once i've got some distance between this record and all the gushing reviews, which I currently find a distraction.
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

Redcloud: I can see what you are getting at in regards to the video and questioning it's content and what they are trying to say with it. Maybe their is no message at all and they simply thought that the footage worked well with the music. I wonder how the band would respond to that question. You also mentioned that you feel inclined to question the band's honesty, though. I'm not sure I see a problem there. Yeah, the back story is probably bullshit, but who cares? I would prefer that to "we're four people who grew up in the same village and had a hard time making friends in school." The music itself is what it is. Now, if it came to light that it wasn't actually the band playing on the record, then that would be cause for concern. I guess I'm wondering what exactly it is that you want them to be honest about.

I still haven't had a chance to listen to this record closely, but I'm going to do that this morning, so I'll post my thoughts later.

Sunray: I get what you're saying about the glowing reviews. However, even though a people here have given the thumbs up to Goat, this is the first thread over one page we've had on them. I'm hoping we can get a number of people to chime in with opinions on the album. The thoughts of individuals here are more telling, I think, than "official" reviews.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

TheWarmth wrote:Redcloud: I can see what you are getting at in regards to the video and questioning it's content and what they are trying to say with it. Maybe their is no message at all and they simply thought that the footage worked well with the music. I wonder how the band would respond to that question. You also mentioned that you feel inclined to question the band's honesty, though. I'm not sure I see a problem there. Yeah, the back story is probably bullshit, but who cares? I would prefer that to "we're four people who grew up in the same village and had a hard time making friends in school." The music itself is what it is. Now, if it came to light that it wasn't actually the band playing on the record, then that would be cause for concern. I guess I'm wondering what exactly it is that you want them to be honest about.
I guess I wonder if they are using loops of African music and then have put some instrumentation to it? Even some of the chanting sounds like women in African villages. I assumed when I first heard the band that they must be African immigrants living in Sweden. Also, the image they portray in their video seems far removed from them or their lives. Again, it's another culture (not theirs) being used as the face of the band.

My question regarding its honesty is how much they have invested into this sound and image and is there something deeper than lots of African influences and the talk about voodoo and witchcraft? How much do they really understand about Kenyan or Tanzanian witchcraft songs or Haitian voodoo practices and its function within those complex societies? I might be surprised and find that they all studied it....lived in Africa etc. But, as with my analogy about rap becoming popular in the suburbs, there is a sense of glamorization here and a hint that maybe it's just cool and different to add these influences to their music and that there is nothing deeper to be found. Possibly totally unfair and I accept that. But, I do think these are worthy questions for a band/album like this.

Saying all of this, there are many things I actually really like about the album. These questions I have do cloud it a bit though.
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

Not really into them personally after listening to them yesterday. They sound like they bought a few Olatunji cd's & put the soundtrack to Shaft over it. Meh! I feel no freshness to it. Just listen to some Fela Kuti and be happy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4AA6EuZe-k

B,

M
Design.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Still playing this album...probably listened to it in full ten or so times now. There are many things I really enjoy about this album but I'm still wondering if the wool is being pulled over my eyes.
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

I still am having a hard time understanding what the issue is, despite multiple posts above. I listened to it more today and was blown away, especially by "Goathead". I bet this winds up in my top 10 of the year. Modlab: I dig Fela Kuti, too, but World Music is not an afrobeat album. There are afrobeat influences, but the overall sound/vibe is totally different to my ears. The guitar tones are so good, they warrant a separate discussion. The vocals are soulful and the rhythm section is tight as shit. Awesome fuzz bass, too.
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

starting to dig on it too, now that i've played it thru in my car.
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

No offence. But, i'm still not very impressed. I give it a go in a month or so again.

B,

M
Design.
flokie
Known user

Post by flokie »

I've come to this one a bit late, but managed to pick up one of the red LP reprints. Not overly fussed over the back story, but I don't see it as a big deal, it does in fact add to how fun this album is.
It took a little while to grow on me, but definitely one for my end of year lists.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

They had this on the stereo of my local record store when I went in there over the weekend and, although I wasn't blown away, it sounded pretty good. I'm a bit worried that, for me, it's going to be a bit like last year's Peeking Lights album...loads of good press and, on paper, sounds like it should be right up my street but ends up just sitting on the shelf after a few spins.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
bbbhenko
Known user

Post by bbbhenko »

here in sweden they have gotten some press and nice reviews for the album. the back story seems to be bogus, they are reportedly based here in gothenburg. anyway, i like the album a lot, especially the guitars!
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Due to a very good friend of mine's :wink: recommendation I will be checking this out pretty soon...
O P 8
ORBITAL
Known user
Location: Drinking Breaker at night, in the cold duchess light.

Post by ORBITAL »

It's utterly fantastic.

The playing is so good.
Work is the scourge of the drinking classes
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

It's a wonderful album. Easily in my top 5 of 2012. Maybe I already said that. Anyway, glad others are enjoying it, too.
ORBITAL
Known user
Location: Drinking Breaker at night, in the cold duchess light.

Post by ORBITAL »

redcloud wrote:Still playing this album...probably listened to it in full ten or so times now. There are many things I really enjoy about this album but I'm still wondering if the wool is being pulled over my eyes.
What? Yeah,they're out to trick you with fuckin amazing music.
Work is the scourge of the drinking classes
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

ORBITAL wrote:
redcloud wrote:Still playing this album...probably listened to it in full ten or so times now. There are many things I really enjoy about this album but I'm still wondering if the wool is being pulled over my eyes.
What? Yeah,they're out to trick you with fuckin amazing music.
Ha! The veil of secrecy around this project - masks, bizarre bio etc. - is what Redcloud is referring to I think. The air of mystery is part of the whole thing I'm sure.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

ORBITAL wrote:It's utterly fantastic.

The playing is so good.
Love it. This weeks go-to disc for the driving back and fore to work. Totally livened up the bleak mornings and dark nights. I'm a sucker for a deep fuzzy bass and the vocals are great. And I really like the massive waves of wah-wah... immense!

After reading some of the comments on here I thought I was gonna be in for some kind of cod-afrobeat Vampire Weekend style shit - but there's nothing contrived about it at all. Don't hear much Fela Kuti in it to be honest, but I do sense an affinity with the dirtier, fuzzier end of Miles Davis 70s material. Dig it!
O P 8
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Piccadilly and Rough Trade both selling this now with bonus cd's. RT has a 5 track live cd and Piccadilly has a 9 track remix cd with theirs.
http://www.piccadillyrecords.com/produc ... 84659.html

http://www.roughtrade.com/site/shop_det ... sku=357186

The Piccadilly one looks pretty interesting with remixes by Hookworms, Gnod & Raikes Parade, Teeth Of The Sea and High Wolf amongst others.
The Piccadilly one also comes with their own 19 track "shop best of" cd at the moment too.
JakeCardigan
Known user

Post by JakeCardigan »

sunray wrote:Piccadilly and Rough Trade both selling this now with bonus cd's. RT has a 5 track live cd and Piccadilly has a 9 track remix cd with theirs.

The Piccadilly one looks pretty interesting with remixes by Hookworms, Gnod & Raikes Parade, Teeth Of The Sea and High Wolf amongst others.
The Piccadilly one also comes with their own 19 track "shop best of" cd at the moment too.
Would love to hear those.. I've sat, stared at the Piccadilly site and I just can't justify buying the LP again to get these.. brilliant, brilliant album though
[url]http://adventuresinthesoundscape.com/[/url]
[url]http://www.mixcloud.com/adventuresinthesoundscape/[/url]
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

JakeCardigan wrote:
sunray wrote:Piccadilly and Rough Trade both selling this now with bonus cd's. RT has a 5 track live cd and Piccadilly has a 9 track remix cd with theirs.

Would love to hear those.. I've sat, stared at the Piccadilly site and I just can't justify buying the LP again to get these.. brilliant, brilliant album though

know what you mean ,but the Piccadilly cd is only a 10 spot ,under consideration, hate these beefed up later releases ,
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Got this on vinyl today. It's blowing my mind. Some amazing "riffage" I must say. Great sounding record too.
natty
Known user

Post by natty »

Just listening to this for the first time. It's fucking excellent.
kojak
New user

Post by kojak »

nice to see some love for Goat. best new band i've heard in a loooooooong time. i'm not picking up on anything cheesy or that they are a fraud or whatever. i think it's completely pure, and i'm willingly drinking the Kool-Aid that they are handing out. great stuff.

recently i interviewed two members of the band. i learned alot about them.

http://headmedicine.blogspot.com/2013/0 ... -year.html
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

So, I walk into a record store on my way home from work. No extra coin in my pocket...just felt like looking through records after a hard day. I hear this amazing fuzz that blows me away and after a couple minutes I ask the dude what he's playing and he tells me it's this crazy 1974 Zambian fuzz psych album with a rather unassuming black dude on the cover. I didn't intend to buy anything but I was so blown away I forked out the cash(debit) and walked out the store with it.

Sure, there is loads of sugary sweet wah all over that Goat album but THIS my friends is the REAL DEAL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdORKBV6Hz0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m40tbiJ1Ov0
Hofstadter
Known user

Post by Hofstadter »

redcloud wrote:So, I walk into a record store on my way home from work. No extra coin in my pocket...just felt like looking through records after a hard day. I hear this amazing fuzz that blows me away and after a couple minutes I ask the dude what he's playing and he tells me it's this crazy 1974 Zambian fuzz psych album with a rather unassuming black dude on the cover. I didn't intend to buy anything but I was so blown away I forked out the cash(debit) and walked out the store with it.

Sure, there is loads of sugary sweet wah all over that Goat album but THIS my friends is the REAL DEAL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdORKBV6Hz0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m40tbiJ1Ov0

These guyz are so sick! Some of my favorite zamrockers. My Ancestors and Fisherman are totally rad songs, played 'em on my radio show on two separate occasions earlier in the year - haven't listened to this album since the summer, giving it another spin now!

Some of my other favorite zambian doods -

Paul Ngozi and the Family (with whom CZT recorded)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjOxV7zVNcc (note: this song is actually called suicide)
http://aquariumdrunkard.info/upload/01% ... Ghetto.mp3 This is the song actually called The Ghetto

and Witch - their album Introduction is amazing - sweet keys, scuzzy as fuck, and somehow punk in a weird way. I think they have a lot in debt to a lot of the bands mentioned in the CWB thread.

Title track: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AL5K7Z9dKrg

Feeling High: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYcgXmcNhF4

EDIT: sorry for thread jacking, got really excited to see a mention of CZT
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

The Witch albums are alright but this Ngozi Family album is far superior. I'm absolutely lovin' this!

I chose to write about it in here because of my initial post earlier in this thread about my hesitations/questions regarding the Goat album and their Nordic hocus-pocus tribal thing.
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

I'm going to check this out. Is this the album?

http://www.discogs.com/Ngozi-Family-450 ... ter/444474

I still disagree with your opinion that Goat are somehow not "the real deal," but I guess we don't need to go down that alley again.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

TheWarmth wrote:I'm going to check this out. Is this the album?

http://www.discogs.com/Ngozi-Family-450 ... ter/444474
No, that is the other one (2nd?), which is much more heavy/Sabbathy than this first one (I had a long discussion with the guy at the record store about both albums), but apparently it is still great. This is what I bought (see below) and it's fucking excellent! Best African fuzz rock album ever? Fuck yea, it is!

Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Is it the reissued version from NowAgain you picked up Michael? I had a listen to some tracks online but some of them had ropey sound quality... how does yours sound?
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Laz69 wrote:Is it the reissued version from NowAgain you picked up Michael? I had a listen to some tracks online but some of them had ropey sound quality... how does yours sound?
There's no label listed on my LP but the spine says EJ006. It's definitely a reissue as I only paid $11.99 for the vinyl.

Sound quality is fine EXCEPT on 'Trouble Maker', which is a bit muffled. But, I suspect that the studio in Zambia (1974) probably didn't have the greatest acoustics or recording capabilities. On a minor note the center hole on the LP wasn't cut very well so I had to fiddle around with a pencil to widen it.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Two Goat remix 12" on blue vinyl, 2'000 copies, on the way for RSD: http://rocketrecordings.blogspot.ie/ Serious demand for these I reckon.

Over the course of both records it's the same tracklisting as the Piccadilly bonus cd.
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

I like Goat a lot, but the idea of hearing the same song remixed 8 times doesn't really excite me. Has anyone heard this on the Piccadilly bonus cd?
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Check your PM's.

Still not listened to it yet myself.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

I saw the LP release of this album for the first time in a shop the other day. I must admit, the thick card, die-cut cover slick with psychedelic African textile art looked very cool.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

A-side of new single streaming at Pitchfork: http://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/153 ... mbuilding/

I like the second half of it. The first half has that twin guitar 'Thin Lizzy' sound that I've always hated.
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

I'll be at the Chicago / Empty Bottle show on May 2. Anyone else going? Tyler?
shalloboi
Known user

Post by shalloboi »

TheWarmth wrote:I'll be at the Chicago / Empty Bottle show on May 2. Anyone else going? Tyler?
i doubt it, sadly. i have to be up at 4:30am the next day to go to work. i've also kind of sworn off weekend night shows at the bottle for many reasons. i should probably get a new job, though... :(
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

May 2 is a Thursday, not a weekend date!
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Out of curiosity, did anyone pick up both Goat remix 12" on RSD? What are they like? Remixes are always a bit hit and miss IMO, but i enjoyed World Music a lot so am keen to hear what was done.
shalloboi
Known user

Post by shalloboi »

TheWarmth wrote:May 2 is a Thursday, not a weekend date!
i got confused. thursday's even crazier, though. i work a swing shift- it totally sucks!
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Here's the audio from their recent Philadelphia show... absolutely brilliant show... the footage itself can be viewed on the Rocket Recordings website.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/lu2wpz
JakeCardigan
Known user

Post by JakeCardigan »

NYC Taper's recording of a show:
http://www.nyctaper.com/2013/04/goat-ap ... streaming/
These recordings are always great quality

Some new songs to stream too:
http://rocketrecordings.blogspot.co.uk/ ... -from.html
[url]http://adventuresinthesoundscape.com/[/url]
[url]http://www.mixcloud.com/adventuresinthesoundscape/[/url]
Kurious Oranj
Known user

Post by Kurious Oranj »

love the album and that nyctaper recording is fantastic
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

did anybody pick up the Run To Your Mama remix disc`s ? any thoughts on them? be interested to hear ,
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

I've got the 2nd volume which includes remixes by Gnod and Hookworms but I haven't even had a chance to listen to it yet. Will hopefully get some time over the long weekend and report back to you.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

niamhm wrote:did anybody pick up the Run To Your Mama remix disc`s ? any thoughts on them? be interested to hear ,
Across the two 12"s there are two different remixes to those on the Piccadilly bonus cd. The 12"s have a remix each by Tom Furse of The Horrors and Cherrystones. On the Piccadilly cd those two are replaced by Nighthammer and Pinkunoizu remixes.
Anyone who wants to hear the Piccadilly cd PM me.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

I must admit I'm still left questioning this lot.

Yes, I like the wah with the tribal rhythms...it is like candy and it tastes good. But, I still question the whole black African thing and the black ghettos shown in their videos. Watching the live videos of these white guys/gals dressed up like Black Africans seems really false and gimmicky. Because of that, it also comes across a bit disrespectful to native cultures. Once you see past the immediate color, flash and presentation of these guys it is kind of like watching those old movies that had white guys wearing feather headdresses to play Native Americans (or worse, white guys wearing black face paint to play African tribesman in the original 'King Kong').

I know I am in the minority here but.....does anybody else feel the same way?
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

I agree. I think the music itself is fantastic, but there's a lot of nonsense with it that makes me cringe. It's so hip right now to get down with the african grooves yunno.
moop
Known user

Post by moop »

redcloud wrote:I know I am in the minority here but.....does anybody else feel the same way?
bad taste aside, for me it detracts from the music and makes the band seem gimmicky/fake. not sure if it's just that, but based on those live recordings everything seems a bit choreographed and over-rehearsed. I agree that the music is great and they're obviously talented and have a great sound, but i'd much prefer a more genuine and improvised show without the theatrics.
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

Not to argue, but hasn't a lot of music originated from African and tribal music?

Blues and Rock 'n' Roll sure did.

The costumes are sort of fun & silly, but hey - it's art.
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

Three songs into their psych fest set was enough for us to head off to watch the Black Angels. Costuming and frantic dancing belonged to King Khan that day. Not to mention they were on right after Dead Skeletons.
I think I feel it coming on
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Got to say I`m a bit ... shocked is probably to strong but surprised definitely , at some of the responses , they seem , to me, to put on a show, dress up a bit and play great music as far as I can tell, and that seems to be a problem for some , if they come near me I`ll be there for sure,
seem to remember some negative stuff for White Hills for being a tad Glam , a bit of make up and throwing some shapes, I`m glad some bands take some chances and mix thing up a bit ,

would Goat be a better band if they stood there stock still in old Levis, t-shirts and beards, vigorously nodding their heads in time ? would that be more authentic? it would be more bloody boring!!! for sure ,