New Eat lights Become lights Album

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

They Transmit
Known user

New Eat lights Become lights Album

Post by They Transmit »

**HEAVY ELECTRICS VINYL ORDER NOW****

The vinyl is a tri-coloured heavy duty monster of a record and strictly limited pressing.
We have 100 copies available for order now.
Heavy Electrics Vinyl LP - £10.99 + £5.00 EU p+p
£7.00 International p+p
If you'd like to reserve a copy please send paypal payment to
neil.rudd3@btinternet.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-ligh ... 5847625393

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-lights-Become-lights/225847625393
spzretent
Site Admin

Re: **New Eat lights Become lights Album** Available now.

Post by spzretent »

These will be available in the US from
www.lilmoxie.com
from early next week.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

What a lovely looking record 8)
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

Shinesalight wrote:What a lovely looking record 8)
Mine arrived today. It doesnnt just look good, it sounds good too! Really powerful, driving rythnic stuff in some places, but quite dreamy and experimental in others. On first listen I think it's a big progression from Autopia, which is one of my favourite albums of the last few years. To my ears there is a greater reliance on sequencers and synths than on previous releases.

Bloody good album, really put a smile on my face

P. S. Shines, I haven't forgotten about that stuff I promised you. My portable HDD is kaput. New one ordered....
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

I think mine turned up yesterday but neither me or Mrs Shines was in so got to make a trip to the post office on Saturday to collect it :( . By the way Olan, what was it that you've promised me...my memory
Is fucking useless these days?! :roll:
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

Shinesalight wrote:I think mine turned up yesterday but neither me or Mrs Shines was in so got to make a trip to the post office on Saturday to collect it :( . By the way Olan, what was it that you've promised me...my memory
Is fucking useless these days?! :roll:
Ignore me Shines, I was having a Dad moment.....Jeeeesus... :oops:
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

No worries man. I've got my first due in January so I'm sure I'll be able to repay the "Dad moment"! :x

That EL;BL album looks even better than I thought...The Mrs went round and picked up some records from the post office for me today, what a star she is. Going to put this on in a bit, but first it's The Aliens' Luna :D 8)
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

Shinesalight wrote:No worries man. I've got my first due in January so I'm sure I'll be able to repay the "Dad moment"! :x

That EL;BL album looks even better than I thought...The Mrs went round and picked up some records from the post office for me today, what a star she is. Going to put this on in a bit, but first it's The Aliens' Luna :D 8)
That Aliens LP is my default "Cheer-Me-Up" record. Quite aside from the sheer quality of the music, the cover art alway brings a smile to my tired old chops. If I ever wanted a recent example of this-is-why-you-should-buy-vinyl, this album is it.

On to the more important issue of new arrivals, quite aside from wishing you all the best, I would start moving all my treasured vinyl/CDs to higher ground now if I were you. They don't respond well to chewing/barf/ random goo. You'll be too knackered/having too much fun to do it when the bub arrives. I would get plenty of sleep too, I've been knackered since my eldest arrived in March of 2003...
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

olan wrote:On to the more important issue of new arrivals, quite aside from wishing you all the best, I would start moving all my treasured vinyl/CDs to higher ground now if I were you.
Watch out for your speakers too. I have had the middle of mine pressed in more than once in years gone by. Now my lot are mostly teenagers it's less of an issue.
Broc
Known user

Post by Broc »

runcible wrote:
olan wrote:On to the more important issue of new arrivals, quite aside from wishing you all the best, I would start moving all my treasured vinyl/CDs to higher ground now if I were you.
Watch out for your speakers too. I have had the middle of mine pressed in more than once in years gone by. Now my lot are mostly teenagers it's less of an issue.
And watch out for the needle/arm, they seem drawn to that. My vinyl is on a lower shelf but has escaped any damage, I have them stored in these boxes (http://www.i-cubes.co.uk/) which protect them pretty well. My youngest is 4 so I think I'm OK now, hopefully.

Hopefully the new ELBL record will arrive on Monday though that's one of the days I cycle to work so won't be able to bring it home that day.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Thanks for the Dad tips guys.

As for the new EL;BL record....what a corker. Like Olan already said, I think this may even surpass their excellent debut.

Highly recommended.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

Shinesalight wrote:Thanks for the Dad tips guys.

As for the new EL;BL record....what a corker. Like Olan already said, I think this may even surpass their excellent debut.

Highly recommended.
Had empty house this morning as the kids went to swimming/birthday parties and I volunteered to stay in and "tidy up". This meant I had the opportunity to play the new ELBL LP at bowel -quaking volume levels.

Conclusion: :D :D
They Transmit
Known user

Post by They Transmit »

Eat lights Become lights- Kosmische Club- Corsica Studios - London- Sept 8th 2012.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

They Transmit wrote: Eat lights Become lights- Kosmische Club- Corsica Studios - London- Sept 8th 2012.
Can't hear you from here Neil :( . Play the odd gig up north please. :D
They Transmit
Known user

Post by They Transmit »

We are in Manchester early Nov/Dec waiting on the details....
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

They Transmit wrote:We are in Manchester early Nov/Dec waiting on the details....
Excellent! :D
spzretent
Site Admin

Re: New Eat lights Become lights Album

Post by spzretent »

Beautiful artifact, Good work Dom.
US folks, I have a limited quantity if interested. $22.99.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

This is what I want from a new release: Great tunes, beautiful looking product (hate the word "product" when it comes to music but bear with me), no bullshit filled OTT reviews/write-ups and an improvement on the artists previous works. All those boxes are ticked with this record. There's more balls to the "Up" tracks and more space and warmth to the dreamy, ambient ones compared to previous records. Pity there's no download code but that's a minor issue.

Highly recommended.

Well done Neil, top work.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

sunray wrote:This is what I want from a new release: Great tunes, beautiful looking product (hate the word "product" when it comes to music but bear with me), no bullshit filled OTT reviews/write-ups and an improvement on the artists previous works. All those boxes are ticked with this record. There's more balls to the "Up" tracks and more space and warmth to the dreamy, ambient ones compared to previous records. Pity there's no download code but that's a minor issue.

Highly recommended.

Well done Neil, top work.
Nice Sunray. That is really what I was trying to say on the previous page of this thread.