Allah Las

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

plastic37
Known user

Allah Las

Post by plastic37 »

First LP on the way. You may even be able to buy it already.
I love this band and their twangy, bright sound.
Very groovy. I do wish the album had come out at the start of the summer though. Its a very summer time sound.

http://allah-las.bandcamp.com/album/tel ... our-mind-7
Heavy Tourism
Hofstadter
Known user

Re: Allah Las

Post by Hofstadter »

Fuck yeah! I posted about it in another thread a few days ago, and I've been hounding them to my friends the past few months - the tape with the ep on it has made heavy rotations among my friends' and my car stereos - picked up the lp at FYF last weekend - it's great!!! Summery, desert, hazy vibes abound - there's even a few great latin sounding tunes! Ultimate West LA band - so perfect for dusty, sweaty hot outdoor festivals (got to see em at the Silverlake Jubilee over memorial day and FYF over labor day - both killer, and ironically neither of which are on the west side) in the middle of the day - it just is so hard not to groove along with them. Can't wait to see em at the el rey with Nick Waterhouse (who produced their album and is himself very funky)!

Edit: Typos (was on phone before)
Last edited by Hofstadter on Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Broc
Known user

Post by Broc »

Wow, I like the sound of these guys, quite tempted to get this LP. Never heard of them before but I've been listening to a lot of 60s garage/surf stuff over the last year and this is right up my street.
Broc
Known user

Post by Broc »

I bought this on the strength of that youtube link, really enjoyable LP.
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

liking this ,strange to hear something that sounds so out of its time , folks round hear might like it but how it plays to the public in general I`ve no idea,
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

Has anyone managed to get tickets for their Shacklewell Arms gig in London next month? It's sold out, I'm desperate to go.......so if anyone knows anyone with a spare to sell then do give a holler. Cheers.
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

they were right on at Austin Psych Fest
I think I feel it coming on
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

Did Night Beats play the Austin Fest last year? They're playing in London tonight, very tempted to go along. I sat up way too late last night rummaging through the Trouble In Mind record labels website. Some great finds on there!
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

Night Beats did play APF this past April and the year before.
I think I feel it coming on
plastic37
Known user

Post by plastic37 »

More of the same on the second LP Worship the Sun.
Really been looking forward to this and relished the initial listens in a way that is all too rare these days.
No surprises, one tiny let down is the absence of the killer track of the recent releases - Every Girl has been left off the LP which is a bit tight. Difficult to determine if this is 'better' than the first LP which seems to have become more and more perfect on every listen. Its maybe more dreamy rather than poppy - a bit less twang and a bit more whist and whane.
One of the vocals really reminded me of a band called The Field Trip from North Birmingham who released a few records 20+ years ago in a similar 'don't be shy of your influences' kind of vein.

great stuff. a fail safe Christmas present for your siblings.

Full stream on YouTube
Heavy Tourism