NICK CAVE LIVE

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

toomilk
Known user

NICK CAVE LIVE

Post by toomilk »

shalloboi
Known user

Re: NICK CAVE LIVE

Post by shalloboi »

it's staying up for the next 24 hours too. i was bummed that i missed this last night. very nice! i'm wondering if he's taking these gospel singers and strings along for the entire tour?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fymChgeO00g
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Wow. The album sounds wonderful in a live environment. I love that take of Jubilee Street. 8)
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

so what's the thoughts on the new album? i see a bit of praise in the what people are listening to thread but thought maybe move the discussion here.

atm i'm still having some trouble getting to grips w/it.
some of it is really acerbic, wry, typically potent cave & some of it is baffling - especially some of the lyrics, the incongruous wiki being heaven i stumble over when listening to the brilliant We Real Cool.

the sound i find also veers from the sublime to the understated to the, again, baffling. part of my problem is it's a lot more subtle than i expected - i'd thought after the dissolution some of Grinderman would have found it's way into this Bad Seeds record.

i dunno it seems to meander thru his typical philosophical landscape but w/o the bluster or bashing judgements. i mean like i say there is still that sardonic wit but it maybe seems a little less vociferous if not less angry.

i dunno.. for all the enjoyment & fun i get from it i get equally bemused by it.

fwiw i think it's much more interesting than DLD! (but not as immediately entertaining or stunning as AB/LoO - & more consistant than Grinderman or his recent soundtrack work).
also i've been listening to The Boatman's Call A LOT this past month or so, so...
gonna burn brightly
for a while
helterskelter
Known user

Post by helterskelter »

Sonically its close to boatmans call I think. I like him more the older I get, not sure what that means. One of musics true artists.