New Fuxa 7" - Photon

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

Broc
Known user

New Fuxa 7" - Photon

Post by Broc »

Got this today from Vinita at Rocket Girl Recordings;

Artist : Füxa
Title : Photon
Ref : 7” single (rgirl93)
Release date : April 20, 2013
Price : £10.00
Link : http://rocketgirl.co.uk/label/release/rgirl93
Offer : Free album Download Code with every 7’’

We’re pleased to announce our very first special release for Record Store
Day! The single features a newly mastered stand alone version of the
beautiful and timeless Füxa track 'Photon', which is limited to 250 copies,
on fuchsia coloured vinyl. The B side features an etching courtesy of the
wonderfully talented Anthony Ausgang (http://ausgangart.com/). You will get
a link with a FREE DOWNLOAD CODE for Füxa’s new Frequencies for Physical
Mental and Spiritual Healing album (RRP $15), If you order directly from
Rocket Girl.
KingHarry
Known user

Re: New Fuxa 7" - Photon

Post by KingHarry »

Thanks for pointing this out.

I didn't know the lp had come out - that's great news. It's not that clear whether there is a physical release of it, do you know whether that's the case?

Many thanks
Broc
Known user

Post by Broc »

No worries Harry.

It's just a download release as far as I know. I doubt it'll come out as a physical release so soon after Electric Sounds of Summer but who knows?

It's available for at least $15 from Mind Expansion Records here..

http://fuxa1.bandcamp.com/album/frequen ... al-healing

Haven't played it yet but did listen to the really cool cover of S3's Amen (on which Jonny Mattock plays drums!) and another of Spectrum's Mary.
KingHarry
Known user

Post by KingHarry »

I've bought the 7' with the download (although not sure when the download arrives, thought it may have been emailed but may possibly come with the 7' in the post).

Re the lp - I've heard some of these tracks already as I found their YouTube page late last year and crawled through there - Amen is a great version, plus Mary and the lp title track and its opener.
Really really like their stuff. Their choice of cover version material is spot on - as you'd expect I suppose when much is pulled from Suicide.
Broc
Known user

Post by Broc »

Harry I got an e-mail with the download code from Vinita at Rocket Girl Recordings the same day I ordered the 7".

I also e-mailed about the possibility of a physical release, the response was "Not looking likely for the forseeable.. but you never know, maybe at some point in the future.."
KingHarry
Known user

Post by KingHarry »

Broc wrote:Harry I got an e-mail with the download code from Vinita at Rocket Girl Recordings the same day I ordered the 7".

I also e-mailed about the possibility of a physical release, the response was "Not looking likely for the forseeable.. but you never know, maybe at some point in the future.."
Many thanks - yes, my download code has also arrived. All good.
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

The 7" arrived today (lovely etching and sleeve). Back side cover "ltd edition AUSGANG etching record store day 2013 single __/250" without being numbered. Interesting! Anyone else receive one yet? Looking forward to spinning this.
I think I feel it coming on
Broc
Known user

Post by Broc »

purespace wrote:The 7" arrived today (lovely etching and sleeve). Back side cover "ltd edition AUSGANG etching record store day 2013 single __/250" without being numbered. Interesting! Anyone else receive one yet? Looking forward to spinning this.
Yep Purespace, my copy arrived yesterday and it's exactly as you described.. It's beautiful. I love the whole recent series of Fuxa 7"s with Ausgang's cover art. It seems like a set.