Wooden Shjips: Back To Land (Nov. 12, 2013)

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

TheWarmth
Known user

Wooden Shjips: Back To Land (Nov. 12, 2013)

Post by TheWarmth »

Laz69
Known user

Re: Wooden Shjips: Back To Land (Nov. 12, 2013)

Post by Laz69 »

Good stuff! 8)
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

Hofstadter
Known user

Post by Hofstadter »

gotta say, the clips in the teaser sound pretty awesome...

http://www.imposemagazine.com/bytes/woo ... ck-to-land

better yet, touring with cave. also, one show in philadelphia w... bardo pond!!! It's on a friday... I wonder if a train to philly is a theoretical possibility... regardless they are playing in boston woohoo!
runaway
Known user

Post by runaway »

Can't wait.
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

"Six classic hits ... plus two other songs." Ha!
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Very much looking forward to this...and a UK tour announcement. :D
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

Shinesalight wrote:Very much looking forward to this...and a UK tour announcement. :D
is that a hint that you know something about a UK tour Shines? :)
I've only seen a London date advertised thus far.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Sorry, I wasn't hinting that I've got secret insider info Sighs. Just more a case of hoping that a UK tour announcement would follow soon :oops:
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

http://thrilljockey.com/thrill/Wooden-S ... ied2n9waM9

bastard postage is more than the record this time!! just need to see what pre-orders they come up with for UK :?
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

niamhm wrote:http://thrilljockey.com/thrill/Wooden-S ... ied2n9waM9

bastard postage is more than the record this time!! just need to see what pre-orders they come up with for UK :?
Yeah, this is becoming a bit of a pain with Thrill Jockey releases. I've just messaged them on FB to establish what editions of the LP customers in the UK can expect to get their hands on. I'm sure I mentioned on the forum before that I'd heard back from Thrill Jockey a while back saying that they were in the process of setting up a mail order facility out of London to ensure that their European customers didn't miss out on the chance to get hold of the limited releases. I was lucky enough that my local record store managed to secure me a green vinyl copy of the last White Hills LP, but that hasn't always been the case. But paying more than the cost of the LP itself in shipping costs is, quite frankly, ridiculous (and that goes for the same for our American cousins getting stuff sent out to them from the UK/Europe). :evil:
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Shinesalight wrote:

Yeah, this is becoming a bit of a pain with Thrill Jockey releases. I've just messaged them on FB to establish what editions of the LP customers in the UK can expect to get their hands on. I'm sure I mentioned on the forum before that I'd heard back from Thrill Jockey a while back saying that they were in the process of setting up a mail order facility out of London to ensure that their European customers didn't miss out on the chance to get hold of the limited releases. I was lucky enough that my local record store managed to secure me a green vinyl copy of the last White Hills LP, but that hasn't always been the case. But paying more than the cost of the LP itself in shipping costs is, quite frankly, ridiculous (and that goes for the same for our American cousins getting stuff sent out to them from the UK/Europe). :evil:
Did you get the W/H green vinyl with the 12"? I could only find it without, slightly annoying,
Hofstadter
Known user

Post by Hofstadter »

On the topic of thrill jockey, did anybody get the new M. Geddes Gengras (sun araw cohort) release? Pretty rad...
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

niamhm wrote:
Shinesalight wrote:

Did you get the W/H green vinyl with the 12"? I could only find it without, slightly annoying,
I managed to get the W/H green vinyl with free 12" from Probe in Liverpool. I'm going to ask them to source the limited edition Wooden Shjips LP for me. I'm totally fed up of being charged big $$ for postage from the US. I note that Thrill Jockey say that the limited edition of the Shjips LP is to be available from their merchandising at gigs. Sadly, the upcoming dates at the Psyche Fest here in Liverpool and elsewhere are probably too early.
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

Lots of dates listed on Thrill Jocky's site. Looks like Cave is on the bill for the November shows.

Nov 08
Chicago, IL
Nov 09
Detroit, MI
Nov 10
Toronto, ON
Nov 11
Montreal, QC
Nov 12
Boston, MA
Nov 13
New York, NY
Nov 14
Brooklyn, NY
Nov 15
Philadelphia, PA
Nov 16
Baltimore, MD
Dec 01
Utrecht, Netherlands
Dec 02
Copenhagen, Denmark
Dec 03
Berlin, Germany
Dec 04
Cologne, Germany
Dec 06
Brussels, Belgium
Dec 07
Metz, France
Dec 08
Paris, France
Dec 09
Brighton, UK
Dec 10
London, UK
Dec 11
Leeds, UK
Dec 12
Glasgow, UK
Dec 13
Belfast, UK
Dec 14
Dublin, Ireland
I think I feel it coming on
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Dublin, nice one. The night after Uncle Acid & The Deadbeats too. :D
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
KingHarry
Known user

Post by KingHarry »

olan wrote:
I managed to get the W/H green vinyl with free 12" from Probe in Liverpool. I'm going to ask them to source the limited edition Wooden Shjips LP for me. I'm totally fed up of being charged big $$ for postage from the US. I note that Thrill Jockey say that the limited edition of the Shjips LP is to be available from their merchandising at gigs. Sadly, the upcoming dates at the Psyche Fest here in Liverpool and elsewhere are probably too early.[/quote]

Wooden Shjips not playing Libpool P Fest?
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Moon Duo will probably stock some wooden shjips vinyl etc... though?
Aquarian-Time
Known user

Post by Aquarian-Time »

Piccadilly Records are taking pre orders for the standard vinyl and promise the ltd LP will be available soon after
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Aquarian-Time wrote:Piccadilly Records are taking pre orders for the standard vinyl and promise the ltd LP will be available soon after
Ta for that Dave. They have the limited edition available for pre order too.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

looks like I won't be seeing the band then.. Leeds or London just too far to go.
why do bands often play London AND Brighton... an abundance of indie hipsters in Brighton? :)
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

angelsighs wrote:why do bands often play London AND Brighton... an abundance of indie hipsters in Brighton? :)
Simple really....if you were in a San Fran Psych outfit, or the like, would you rather come down and hang out in the like-minded, laid back vibe of Brighton or spend a night in the dreary midlands? :wink: q
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

Shinesalight wrote:
angelsighs wrote:why do bands often play London AND Brighton... an abundance of indie hipsters in Brighton? :)
Simple really....if you were in a San Fran Psych outfit, or the like, would you rather come down and hang out in the like-minded, laid back vibe of Brighton or spend a night in the dreary midlands? :wink: q
haha a fair point well made :)
Hedspace
Known user

Post by Hedspace »

acoustic version of these shadows from the new album Back to Land. gorgeous

http://www.spin.com/articles/wooden-shj ... on-stream/

The lads have such a good groove 8)
pale blue eyes
Known user

Post by pale blue eyes »

Shinesalight wrote:

hahaha that was funny. don't feel bad Shinesalight, it's a pretty universal theory. bands consistently would bypass where i used to live forcing us to travel to Los Angeles quite often, luckily it was usually only a 2 hour journey if the traffic gods were on our side.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

If one were so inclined they could have a listen to this now.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Managed to pull one of these off the wall at a Rocket From the Crypt gig last night: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

Definitely going in a frame :D