MGMT - MGMT

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

TheWarmth
Known user

MGMT - MGMT

Post by TheWarmth »

Anyone listened to this yet? Thoughts? It's getting pretty mixed reviews, but I quite like it and I've never really taken much notice of them. I have somehow avoided all of the big hits from their first album, but heard Congratulations a few times after friends raved about it (it never really clicked with me). I may go out and buy this tomorrow. Also, dig the super, super weird album trailer promo video they did for it:

http://vimeo.com/73704848#at=0
TheWarmth
Known user

Re: MGMT - MGMT

Post by TheWarmth »

The first album is called Oracular Spectacular. I've never heard it, but it apparently has some massive hits on it and has sold nearly a million copies. Congratulations is the follow-up, which is more psychedelic and in line with the new one, but, as I said, never really did a lot for me.
pale blue eyes
Known user

Post by pale blue eyes »

TheWarmth wrote:The first album is called Oracular Spectacular. I've never heard it, but it apparently has some massive hits on it and has sold nearly a million copies. Congratulations is the follow-up, which is more psychedelic and in line with the new one, but, as I said, never really did a lot for me.

wha? Oracular is a mind bender. such great classic tunes on it, Electric Feel, Kids, Weekend Wars. if this is what the kids are now doing i think the future of music is in good hands.

don't let the hype fool you, this album deserved all the praise that was heaped upon it.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

pale blue eyes wrote:
don't let the hype fool you, this album deserved all the praise that was heaped upon it.
Wrong!
O P 8
pale blue eyes
Known user

Post by pale blue eyes »

BzaInSpace wrote:
pale blue eyes wrote:
Wrong!
haha, you suck, just for you i put the album on full blast and i am dancing around to Electric Feel!

(yes i know it's a sad sight :oops: )
pale blue eyes
Known user

Post by pale blue eyes »

Bza, this is just for you then!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJtpuqwORck

:wink: