Limited edition Spiritualized shirt

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

What shirt would you like the most?

Poll ended at Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:09 pm

1. The Highest Show On Earth
52%
2. Radio City LAG show poster design.
11%
3. Radio City LAG show show info design. See below.
No votes
4. Myspace secret show
2%
5. One of the bottom two designs seen here
7%
http://alanhynes.com/blog/?p=943#more
28%

Total votes: 54

ro
Known user

Re: Limited edition Spiritualized shirt

Post by ro »

:D
The Dr wrote:and my sole's been spiritualized
veiko
Known user

Post by veiko »

I still decided to vote. My voice went for Alan Hynes. I was thinking that if only 50 t-shirts will be printed, then i still will be left out, because my vote was number 51 in the row. But to the devil this late blooming. Maybe the competition will be so harsh, that only those who cast the vote will be the chosen ones to buy that shirt. paranoia über alles.
Is it too early to ask how many will be printed?
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Veiko.
This is what happened. After the Columbus show Jason and I had a long talk. As they were leaving to drive overnight to NYC he said" go ahead. Do 100 shirts. You have my blessing."
We can read this one of two ways. Based on the number of votes we print 4 dozen(this may go up) of the Highest Show shirts in a color combination that has not been done before. 6 Small, 12 Medium, 12 Large 12 XL and 6 XXL. I would like to know sizes so I know everyone who wants one gets on in the size wanted. The shirts will be high quality. We are hoping to keep this around the $20 price if we can. That does not include postage.
The goal is once we get back what we put in the rest goes to Jason. We aren't making a penny off these shirts.
If Jason likes this we would like to do another small run with the caveat being we only printed 48 of the Highest Show shirts. That leaves 52 more to go.
I am waiting for Alan Hynes to email me with what he wants to do his design in either money or shirts. That will be more expensive since each color is an added screen. Unless someone knows another way to do this. Shonn? Does your girlfriend have any ideas?
That is where we are at.
I hope this explains it.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
veiko
Known user

Post by veiko »

spzretent, cheers, you are the man. i'm sorry if i sent you some torpedos, but word after word from you i now get more clearer picture, so spread your wings. well, you can guess the deal with me - been in a far corner (but what is far during this high-tec imagination called earth) and going ballistic with everything that they put out, you might indeed enter a bubble when you think that you can make something radically new or change something. i mean it was your project and you have been feeding it for ten years, so thanks again for your explanations. and nope, i will not be ordering that shirt if it will be "the highest" one. hopefully Haynes will give a satisfying answer and then i am in even if i have to break some ribs.
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Thanks Mark and Alan.

I'll take a medium!
hazey
Known user

Post by hazey »

I'll take a highest show XL, Thanks!!
cantona
Known user

Post by cantona »

Thanks Mark and Alan.

I'll take a Large!
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

"I'd Like One In Brown With Yellow Piping"

Post by BzaInSpace »

toomilk wrote:Why is a design that already exists as a shirt up for the design as the limited edition shirt? I noticed a few people already said they have it (I almost bought it a few years ago). I'm not bringing this up just to argue, but it seems like it shouldn't have been in the running in the first place - even if it has the most votes...
I answered this earlier, but you can thank/curse me for that design being there in the first place. I pushed for that design to be chosen as commercially it seemed like a smart move: it is extremely difficult to get that shirt now (try even getting a decent image of it on google!) and due to seeing it go on occasion for daft prices on eBay there appeared to be some demand for it.

Plus - I think that design looks great. I know the other guys weren't too keen though...

Going on a lot of the other comments in this thread, as well as the poll results, I think I was correct to suggest it.

Ultimately this is about Alan attempting a worthy pursuit of diverting some of the money away from shoddy bootleg shirt sales back to the band itself (I mean, have you seen those dreadful Ladies and gentlemen-style circles designs that are everywhere? Awful. Looks like they were cobbled together in less than two minutes on Microsoft Paint).

Plus, from Alan these are gonna be high quality shirts with good prints.

For anybody who really needs one of the Alan Hynes shirts, feel free to purchase a crappy, low-quality, unauthorized one from here: http://www.redbubble.com/people/confusi ... tAod_CsAVw
Available in "kids clothes, stickers and hoodies" too. Awesome...
mkb wrote:I've voted for the highest show on earth t-shirt - while it's obviously in reference to a specific gig, I like the fact that it doesn't have the date/venue or anything on it..
It's actually not in relation to the CN Tower show or anything - this design appeared briefly around the Amazing Grace era shows. A good description of their gigs as any I suppose!
spzretent wrote:Last word on this.
Yeah right. :wink:
O P 8
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

In spite of my whinging previously about the choice of design, I'm behind this project 100% and, if there's still an opportunity to order one, I would love a large please Alan. I know you're going to be inundated with suggestions of colour combinations but, as I have the classic black and luminous print one already, may I suggest something less traditional than that or the the white and red one version that were previously available. How about an olive green t with white print on it or something different like that? I'd also definitely be up for putting my name down too for the other choice of design if that becomes a reality.

Many thanks for putting your time, heart and soul into this.

PS: I know that Hynes design link you put up BZA is only going to be a copy of the image printed directly onto a (probably) poor quality t-shirt, but I think it looks great and, if we could get a decent print of this, I for one would definitely snap one up. 8)
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Red bubble is always printed on american apparel and the quality of the 2 shirts I bought off that site in the past have been great!
PopeJez
Known user

Post by PopeJez »

backstreetmerch.com have their Spiritualized shirts on sale if anyone is looking for a bargain...

http://www.backstreetmerch.com/search.a ... ritualized
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

It's members of the site that sell their own designs, if anyone too up any copyright issues I'm sure it would have to be with the member rather than the site.
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

PopeJez wrote:backstreetmerch.com have their Spiritualized shirts on sale if anyone is looking for a bargain...

http://www.backstreetmerch.com/search.a ... ritualized
thanks, i do fancy that coffee mug
tav falco
Known user

Post by tav falco »

great stuff guys love a xxl :oops:
warmgun.
Known user

Post by warmgun. »

Sign me up for a Medium "Highest Show" as well please. Nice work on this guys!
pale blue eyes
Known user

Post by pale blue eyes »

alan, the shirt i have only has one color to it so only one screen will be needed. you just need to get the image burned to the screen. i'm sure you could find someone local to do the actual printing (shipping 100 shirts is rather pricey). with it only being a single color and only one screen the cost should be relatively inexpensive. now if you want to add the glow in the dark paint that is gonna be another screen and another color. my girlfriend isn't sure if there is a glow in the dark paint that could be used by itself without using something as the base coat. this i believe is how the original ones were made as mine has slight cracks in the paint due to how thick it is.

also i would check out mission imprintables for your shirts. not sure what the shipping is as we used to pick them up locally. you would need a resale license but they will let you pick random sizes without a minimum.

hope this helps.
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

i know several people here in PA who screen print shirts. one guy does it full time, plus runs a small record label and distro.

the other drives UPS truck, plays an a couple bands, and does shirts on the side, pretty cheap too.

anyhoo, i asked the UPS guy about white ink on black fabric, he said you have to print twice to cover; you flash dry the ink and do a 2nd coat; it must be lined up perfectly.

i did some shirts on the side about 20 years ago also, the glow-in-the-dark ink didn't hold up. the other shirts i printed still look good, and i did it DIY punk rock style. heat set in the dryer instead of with an iron to save time.
tommy_b
Known user

Post by tommy_b »

Yo. Been away for a long time, but found myself back here and discovered this. Think a medium for me would be great!
jadams501
Known user

Post by jadams501 »

Put me down for an XL.
rameses
Known user

Post by rameses »

Hopefully not too late to request, put me down for an XL please.
It's nice to be liked,
But it's better by far to get paid.
heisenberg
Known user

Post by heisenberg »

Medium here, too.
slide_song
Known user

Post by slide_song »

size S please of "highest"
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

This thread is locked. Highest Show shirt the runaway winner.
For those of you who mentioned sizes I have started a new thread with a poll for sizes. Please re-enter there and follow with a post and size so its easier for us to keep track of.
Thanks
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)