bardo pond- peace on venus

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

shalloboi
Known user

bardo pond- peace on venus

Post by shalloboi »

there's a new bardo pond album coming out next week! i had no idea!

http://www.insound.com/Peace-On-Venus-V ... INS125439/

even better, it looks like i won't have to order it on import to get the vinyl. woo-hoo! i hope it builds on the self-titled record for 2011- that one is fantastic!

i also had no idea that they did a split with carlton melton... seems like i should've noticed that.
Hofstadter
Known user

Re: bardo pond- peace on venus

Post by Hofstadter »

sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

It's great. Great guitar sounds and the best vocal Isobel has ever done imo.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

ordered, thanks for the link
I think I feel it coming on
BROKENHEART
Known user

Post by BROKENHEART »

Great album right through, but, i can't stop playing the moody "Kali yuga blues". Peace man !
Aquarian-Time
Known user

Post by Aquarian-Time »

Yep I have the LP, not had a minute to listen to it yet. Will report back once I have.
shalloboi
Known user

Post by shalloboi »

i've been listening to a download for the past week or so- finally got the vinyl today. sounds so amazing right now!
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

http://threelobed.bandcamp.com/album/refulgo

2014 :
Refulgo
by Bardo Pond

"Refulgo" is from an edition of 1060 copies and is pressed on two pieces of 140 gram Dutch vinyl by Record Industry. The album is housed within an old style Stoughton tip-on gatefold jacket bearing new artwork from Bardo Pond’s Clint Takeda. The album is accompanied by a download coupon for DRM-free digital files of the downloader's choice. The material on "Refulgo" was remastered by Michael Gibbons and Patrick Klem. For more information about combination packages (pairing "Refulgo" with "Shone Like a Ton" and/or other Bardo Pond or related titles), visit the Three Lobed website here - www.threelobed.com/tlr/tlr101.html

Pre-order includes immediate download of 1 track in the high-quality format of your choice (MP3, FLAC, and more), plus unlimited mobile access using the free Bandcamp listening app. You'll also get the complete album the moment it’s released.

shipping out on or around 25 March 2014
edition of 1000
$26 USD or more
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

Thanks for the heads-up. I've ordered the vinyl from the Bandcamp link to the Three Lobed page. FWIW I bought the Wooden Wand and the World War IV LP from Three Lobed via Bandcamp when it was released. It is also truly excellent, although I preferred the more acoustic LP Wooden Wand put out via Great Pop Supplement a while back.

You've just got to love Bandcamp, it is an absolute treasure trove of good stuff, not so good stuff and really weird, crappy but interesting stuff.