Cavern of Anti Matter

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

plastic37
Known user

Cavern of Anti Matter

Post by plastic37 »

Anyone have this new LP by Tim Gane's (Stereolab) new band?
Is it all as good as this?
http://youtu.be/2DMFV-O9aIU
Heavy Tourism
Hofstadter
Known user

Re: Cavern of Anti Matter

Post by Hofstadter »

Saw 'em play at ATP in June - it was absolutely awesome. Gane had 2 (!) korg ms-20s as well as lots of modular synth gear. Talked with Joe Dillworth, the drummer (also drummer on Peng and some other stereolab stuff) for a while on the last day. They were supposed to have all these LPs and some special 12"s just for ATP but the pressing plant somewhere in Eastern Europe got flooded and everything got messed up :(. He asked for my email address so he could let me know when they got the stuff in but he never emailed me :(
Hofstadter
Known user

Re: Cavern of Anti Matter

Post by Hofstadter »

At least live, it was all as good/better than that, just because how could hearing a fucking grooving track like that not be more epic live right? But yeah, it was just tons of long, repetitive jams like that. Really rad. I personally enjoyed it a TON more than I enjoyed Laetitia's performance - which was good, but honestly when it boiled down to it just felt like simple, standard pop songs w/ overly dramatic/political lyrics. Whereas the Cavern of Anti-Matter set was out of this world dancey and sick and fun and nonstopgrooves.