Updates

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

spcmn mthr fckr
Known user

Updates

Post by spcmn mthr fckr »

how come this site hasnt been updated for about a year?
JPB
Known user

Post by JPB »

We're not keen on information overload round here.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

it has changed colors though.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
JPB
Known user

Post by JPB »

And that's not a good thing. I had to take a day off work.
spcmn mthr fckr
Known user

haha, i posted this thread when i was feelin a bit impatient!

i cant wait for some news on some new material or some gigs. Seen Spiritualized twice last year, at Benicassim and at the Hoping gig with the Scream, absolutely awesome!

anyone got any clue about any developments on the spiritualized front?

also, J's remix of Hold On by 22-20's is top, if anyone hasnt got it you can rob it off my soulseek, along with a few live Spiritualized performance as well! my name on there is 'rawsy'
ash
Known user

Post by ash »

On a serious note, all the latest news (what there is of it) can be found by trawling through the forum. Hard work, I know, but it's what ya gotta do.

We've been led to believe there's a site update on the way, which may or may not include new news.
ben crook
Known user

Post by ben crook »

Apologies for the delays, but we're working on the new site. It is coming, and hopefully in about a month, fingers crossed.
And there will be regular updated news... There's a lot to share and it's all good.

Patients are a virtue.

Ben
spcmn mthr fckr
Known user

nice one

cant wait for the updates!
ash
Known user

Post by ash »

To quote the great orbital:

"My sincere apologies Ben. I will now get fucked."

That stands for me too.
anorthernsoul
Known user

Post by anorthernsoul »

i don't really see the deal with the site getting updated, or why it's such a big deal ... i can't really understand what regular updates will entail because there isn't anything happening. they started recording an lp in january, there's a concert dvd in march ...

nice one though, i'll look forward to it cross leggedly. can we have some new pictures?
ben crook
Known user

Post by ben crook »

There's quite a lot of stuff happening. And you good people deserve a beautiful informative website so that's what your going to get.

Phase 1 hits soon...

Look out for the new members section, it's got some nice stuff
(like maybe, just maybe some footage from the recording of the new record... but that's secret, okay?)
anorthernsoul
Known user

Post by anorthernsoul »

Look out for the new members section, it's got some nice stuff
(like maybe, just maybe some footage from the recording of the new record... but that's secret, okay?)
that'd be fantastic, i can't quite believe it though.
if this is to become a request thread, which it probably will, i might as well make the first - could we get some sort of list off jason or john as to what they're listening to? there was something (which might also have appeared in carbon magazine) on the very old site listing all the records they'd picked up tour. jason's breezeblocks and namedrops have been an education to me and a lot of people here, so any sort of list would be fantastic ...
herman
Known user

Post by herman »

I remember that one also. It was a great pick up to find interesting stuff. Would be nice if they pulled another list up
"Thank you"
anorthernsoul
Known user

Post by anorthernsoul »

here is the list, if anyone's not seen it. i think it got posted fairly recently under the subject of 'carbon magazine piece'. has anyone else read that tour diary that was linked to from chris' site? a two parter about a stand in driver who filmed some gigs in ninety five. that's really good.

something else i've never seen crop up here, but that with a printer makes something nice to put on your wall:

this
andyblacktoo
Known user

Post by andyblacktoo »

crikey i havent seen that for a while.

amusing reading though.

that web site used to take years to download circa 1995
ash
Known user

Post by ash »

Presuming that these handwritten lyrics were the precursor to the songs, it's interesting that they've hardly changed at all between that and the recorded versions.

I'm embarrassed to say that I only own one of the albums on that list - Tim Buckley's Greetings from LA - and what a fucking awesome album it is too.
Starfish
Known user

Post by Starfish »

andyblacktoo wrote:that web site used to take years to download circa 1995
There were websites in 1995? Were they powered by paraffin?
sly saxon
Known user

Post by sly saxon »

Don't be embarrassed: you probably listen to all sorts of good music. Most of what's on that list is shit (probably). Certainly a lot of it looks like it'd be shit. A good amount of the stuff on the list I've heard was okish, but...

Mind you - you're saying you've not got a copy of Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap??!? Call yerself an Ocker?
It's all happening!
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

I was confused by that, but now I understand.

http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-ock1.htm
ash
Known user

Post by ash »

I know, I know... I'll get around to filling in the AC/DC gaps one of these days.

If it makes any difference, I have plenty of Max Merritt & The Meteors records in a box somewhere...
ben crook
Known user

Post by ben crook »

As to the suggestion about lists of what Jason, John & all are listening too, yeah we are doing something of that ilk.

It's coming soon; please be patient.

Happy Weekend

Ben
anorthernsoul
Known user

Post by anorthernsoul »

As to the suggestion about lists of what Jason, John & all are listening too, yeah we are doing something of that ilk.
well good, nice one ben.
maybe while people are idling they could post favourite finds that they've picked up from breezeblocks and such, on here. like gavin bryers, betty lavette, charlie jackson etc ...

anyone? anyone? bueller?
a beautiful noise
Known user

Post by a beautiful noise »

sun ra- the magic city.

i ordered it from the local vinyl only shop. it took weeks and weeks to finally get here. when it does i rush home to play it, only to find out the vinyl had seriously 'dished' from years of sitting in some warehouse.

i replaced it with arthur lee and love- five string serenade

xxxshonnxxx
a beautiful noise
Known user

Post by a beautiful noise »

p/s- hey SLY, are you serious! you might wanna try opening your ears!!!!!

i can't believe you said what you did. c'm-fucking-on man! ike turner, slim harpo, aretha franklin, the kinks, temptations, miles, wayne kramer, duane eddy, edwin hawkins, LOU FUCKING REED.

i don't wanna know what else your listening to.

xxxshonnxxx
SpacemanRob
Known user

Post by SpacemanRob »

Sly's head of the Judas Priest fan-club so fuck knows what hes listening to....
It would be terrifying to get a list but i would bet ABBA would be on there....
herman
Known user

Post by herman »

...or Right said Fred
"Thank you"
SpacemanRob
Known user

Post by SpacemanRob »

So Axe-Man,
Most of what is on the list is (probably) shit.... Still waiting for pearls of wisdom on what we should listen to.... Please show us the way.... What's on your list.... Take time out from counting the studs on your leather belts and update us all.... Don't disappoint now.... Come on rawk dude show us the light.... What Judas Priest b-sides most impress you.... Show us the rawk valhalla....

Bring it on.....

I have a bet that not only ABBA are on your list but maybe Europe as well.... Come on....
sly saxon
Known user

Post by sly saxon »

:roll:
Last edited by sly saxon on Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:47 am, edited 4 times in total.
It's all happening!
Jasonsmith
Known user

Post by Jasonsmith »

It's now almost exactly a year since the news section was updated. Did everyone remember to send a card? But seriously though, this Ben Crook guy seems to promise a lot and deliver zip. Who is he and what has he got to do with this site? We need answers!
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

No, we need something better to do with our time.
Jebus Sabes
Known user

Post by Jebus Sabes »

Since day 1, the various official/record company websites for Spiritualized have been useless, and I'm sure they will continue to be useless for as long as Spiritualized exist. Jason has said he has no interest in the internet, and that lack of interest partly explains why no-one can be bothered to update the website. There'll be a burst of activity once the record company wants to flog us some more products, but then the site will hibernate again.

Two examples of band sites who seem to actually care about their internet fans - Mogwai, and Belle & Sebastian. Regular and frequent (note to spiritualized.com webmaster - 'frequent' means more than once a year) updates, band input etc.
jb
Known user

Post by jb »

Wilco have a very good site as well, very regular updates, free downloads, new pics...

I feel a bit cheated by this site cos it only ever gets updated when there's something that the record company wants us to buy. So no doubt there will be a tons of new stuff to coincide with the DVD and then we will hear zip for ages.

We're the ones doing the band a favour by keeping discussion and interest going...so the least they could do is make a bit of an effort
Starfish
Known user

Post by Starfish »

This website is nothing more than a messageboard these days ... which suits me fine, actually. Like you say, when there is something worth reporting, like a tour or release, then we do get told.
Otherwise, what do you need to know? You may well get your answers from the well-informed types on here if you ask.
anorthernsoul
Known user

Post by anorthernsoul »

this Ben Crook guy seems to promise a lot and deliver zip. Who is he and what has he got to do with this site? We need answers!
i don't think that's really fair ...
he told us about the dvd and kept us posted - just because people thought he was lying doesn't make it less reliable, and we'll have it soon, anyway. he's some fancy dvd-meddler, anyway, i looked him up on google. i guess he's doing the new site.
Two examples of band sites who seem to actually care about their internet fans - Mogwai, and Belle & Sebastian.
is right, those two are fantastic sites. but, it's not gonna be like that with spiritualized, is it? i don't think i wanna read jason's q and a answers, i wanna check out his tunes but it's not really where spiritualized are at. what could have been updated in the past year? would two lines on the brixton gig have made it more worthwhile?

it'll be top if there's some good features on the new site; some interviews, photos, video, all that, a big fucking list of records, but as for news or updates, they're not really relevant unless anything's happening.
sly saxon
Known user

Post by sly saxon »

Starfish wrote:This website is nothing more than a messageboard these days ... which suits me fine, actually. Like you say, when there is something worth reporting, like a tour or release, then we do get told.
Otherwise, what do you need to know? You may well get your answers from the well-informed types on here if you ask.
agreed (and anorthernsould, too). I look forward to the updates, but more fool anyone who's gone looking at the other bits of the website anyway, I say.
It's all happening!
ben crook
Known user

Post by ben crook »

As I keep saying, please be patient. We know the site hasn't been updated for far too long hence my involvement now to redevelop and maintain the site.

Please appreciate that these things do take time. The site was being run by Sanctuary, a huge international record company, and now it's changing because Jason isn't happy with it. Simple as that.

So what you'll be getting is more in line with the Mogwai and the Belle & Seb sites, or in fact any site where someone takes an interest!

As I mentioned before, I'm talking to the new web people on a daily basis and we're planning to have phase 1 of it up in about a month. We want to be right and beautiful because it's what you all deserve.

So Jasonsmith, apologies. I'm not some nut who puts up crap on the forum to confuse people. I've been doing bits and pieces behind the scenes for Spzd® for a few years now, and now I'm sorting out this.

Please be patient; at least give me until the new site is up!

Ben x
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

So Ben, interesting stuff, if Sanctuary wont be running the site, who will be?
Jebus Sabes
Known user

Post by Jebus Sabes »

That's good news, ben - thanks for letting us know.

If you wanted more input on ideas for the website, I'm sure posting a new thread on this messageboard would generate responses. You'd probably get some nutty responses (e.g. Jason wearing a live webcam on his head 24/7), but there might be some good ideas.

Interesting to know Jason knows about the website, and wants to improve it.
assoc.
Known user

Post by assoc. »

Ben, thanks for the updates. Is the new album really called 'songs of praise?'

I'd like the new site to include the following:

1) recipe suggestions for under £5

2) horoscopes, maybe this could include the band members star signs.

3) gardening tips, this could be seasonal

4) spaceman sightings. people could post their sightings of jason "i saw him buying milk" claims gavin of burnley...

5) a quiz to 'identify' which spz song you are most like...

seriously, it would be nice for people to make suggestions to the new site if they could be bothered....
Starfish
Known user

Post by Starfish »

ben, as an official of this board, are you obliged to put that (R) registered mark after the band's name?