Conclamo

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

moop
Known user

Conclamo

Post by moop »

Really happy to finally share the new album with you guys. It’s a free download, so please give it a try. Feel free to share with anyone you think might like it too. Feedback is much appreciated as well. Cheers! :D

*download* (320kbps mp3)

Last edited by moop on Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ro
Known user

Re: The Disconnect

Post by ro »

heya moop,
am looking forward to hearing this when I get my listening equipment together, am between houses so it's tricky..
but I have always enjoyed your stuff.
thank you.
moop
Known user

Post by moop »

cheers ro,
no rush to check it out - I can always upload it again if the link expires. Not sure if it helps, but I always thought of this as more of a headphones album, so if you have an mp3 player that might be a good substitute for speakers?

The album itself is a bit of a slow-burner, as it’s sequenced with the slower, more repetitive stuff at the start and sort of builds and morphs with each track. It’s also pretty weird, so might need a couple of listens before it starts to make sense. I would definitely recommend a bottle of sake to go with, as this would be in the spirit that it was created, haha.. XD

Anyway, I’ll be interested to hear what you make of it.
Best of luck with the house thing.. Sounds stressful!
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Will give this a download tonight Moop. Look forward to hearing what you've done. Cheers for the link!
O P 8
moop
Known user

Post by moop »

was having issues with zippyshare, so I've replaced the download link with one that actually works!

I also set up an 'LP3 sessions' soundcloud page which currently has a couple of tracks. figured it's fun to share, and the first track in particular may appeal to some on here. :wink: https://soundcloud.com/conclamo/sets/lp3-sessions
moop
Known user

Post by moop »

new 12 minute Conclamo track 'The Blue Voice' uploaded to soundcloud 8)

https://soundcloud.com/conclamo/the-blu ... 3-sessions
ro
Known user

Post by ro »

The Blue Voice indeed! Moody, blue. I may have to use this song while walking home at night after any given particularly heavy evening while reflecting and thinking things over. Also, I love the guitar at 3:45 and the cymbals at the start. Thanks moop.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

I really like this new track Moop... very atmospheric. 8)
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
semisynthetic
Known user

Post by semisynthetic »

Very Nice Indeed, moop!
Well done; I enjoyed that; I would prefer to
hear it on a true Sound System, but I did
get the idea; a very nice surprise to find here on
the SITE.
thank you.
"Everything is a Poison; it is the amount or degree that separates one Poison from another"
Paracelsus
moop
Known user

Post by moop »

since there's not much going on right now i thought i'd post a link to the new conclamo track 'Caveats' that i think people here might enjoy. a few people have mentioned it's got a spiritualized type thing going on, while others have described it as 'twin peaks meets the lion king'. not sure myself, but i'm really pleased with how it turned out..

https://soundcloud.com/conclamo/caveats
heisenberg
Known user

Post by heisenberg »

This is pretty sweet, moop. Very mellow and the guitars sound particularly beautiful in parts. I can understand the twin peaks references it's getting, too. Overall, the production is great and it sounds pretty full and layered through my stereo system. Good stuff indeed. It is also a strong counterpart track to 'the blue voice', the track you had linked to previously and which some folks here enjoyed. Hopefully more people will give this new track a listen. Thanks for sharing.
ro
Known user

Post by ro »

finally managed to get soundcloud to work

Thank you for sharing this moop
A lovely piece, sleepy and full
With very nice saxophone !
and I love that little bit of weirdness at 7:45
moop
Known user

Post by moop »

thanks for the kind words...
here's a video i made for the most recent track:

happy new year!
BROKENHEART
Known user

Post by BROKENHEART »

Wow ! Caveats, what a great track, along with the rest of Conclamo. You just don't want this track to end .
It's so dreamy,chilled and spacey . Spiritualized Space Project and Spiritualized (version) Free your mind, come to mind .
Beautiful, Cheers moop . Don't know where i'd be without this wonderful Forum.
moop
Known user

Post by moop »

BROKENHEART wrote:Wow ! Caveats, what a great track, along with the rest of Conclamo. You just don't want this track to end .
It's so dreamy,chilled and spacey . Spiritualized Space Project and Spiritualized (version) Free your mind, come to mind .
Beautiful, Cheers moop . Don't know where i'd be without this wonderful Forum.
many thanks, glad you enjoyed it! :o

i'd had it in mind to do a track with those '50s chords' for a while. in my head it was gonna start off like roy orbison in space, and would then morph into some kind of dinosaur jr-type distorted catharsis, but i guess it didn't really turn out quite that way. still, i'm very happy with how it ended up. being compared to the spiritualized space project is high praise in my book as i love that track.
moop
Known user

Re: Conclamo

Post by moop »

really happy to share a new track with you guys. it's a 14 minute epic called 'Waves and Radiation'.
cheers to anyone who gives it a listen, especially all the way through and with a decent amount of volume :wink:

https://soundcloud.com/conclamo/waves-and-radiation
ro
Known user

Post by ro »

I love how this meanders.. meanders... then displays its feathers and chooses a path of emphatic cascading grooviness, with just a little "Oh, by the way... " at the exit.
Very cool!
Thanks for sharing, moop
BROKENHEART
Known user

Post by BROKENHEART »

Great track moop . Some nice supernatural from 5 mins,lots of reverb and loads of spacey moments.
Look forward to headphones moments on a sunny summers day walk with this one. Cheers for showing again moop.
ro
Known user

Post by ro »

BROKENHEART wrote:...Some nice supernatural from 5 mins...
Yah!
Loving those mysterious moments after the 5 minute mark, before it blossoms.
moop
Known user

Post by moop »

cheers - i love those descriptions!

i guess a lot of music i like is spacey and meandering, so wanted to do something more like that myself. i've recently been going for something closer to a talk talk approach to making music, trying to keep things as free and improvised as possible, allowing a track to morph from one thing to another when it feels right.

there's definitely some other familiar influences creeping in at times as well, though i'll let you decide what they are...

brokenheart - i fully support listening on headphones whilst wandering about on sunny days! those things should go well together. i'm happy to upload as an mp3 if that would help?
BROKENHEART
Known user

Post by BROKENHEART »

Hi Moop, sorry but i've been away from the forum for a while. mp3 would be great .Thanks mate.
moop
Known user

Post by moop »

BROKENHEART wrote:Hi Moop, sorry but i've been away from the forum for a while. mp3 would be great .Thanks mate.

no problem - hopefully it should be better as a 320kbps mp3 than in super-compressed soundcloud form. plus you can listen whenever you want. anyway, i'm sure i'll upload the whole album here when it's properly finished.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o3cyypyu4bjwi ... n.mp3?dl=0
Soarer
Known user

Post by Soarer »

Just signed up to the forum.

Really like the music you have uploaded.

I've downloaded the album from the first link to have a proper listen later

Thanks
moop
Known user

Post by moop »

Soarer wrote:Just signed up to the forum.

Really like the music you have uploaded.

I've downloaded the album from the first link to have a proper listen later

Thanks
hey Soarer,
welcome to the forum!

i'm really glad you like what i've uploaded here recently. i must say, i'm pretty happy with this latest batch of tracks. the album in the first link is 'the disconnect', from a couple of years back. it's quite varied and generally pretty different to these newer tracks, but hopefully you'll still enjoy it. must admit, i'm kinda curious as to how you get on with it. (if you end up liking that, there's another album and a bunch of videos too)

cheers!
moop
moop
Known user

Post by moop »

just uploaded another new track called '8 bar blues'.
this one's more fun than the last couple of tracks.
it's sort of woozy and distorted bluesy noodling.
definitely sounds loads better at high volume...
https://soundcloud.com/conclamo/8-bar-blues
enjoy!
moop
Known user

Post by moop »

new and probably last addition to the lp3 sessions: nebulous. this one is an introverted, reverb-heavy, 1-take thing. it's recorded sort of lo-fi, but for being that way seems to capture the feeling well. it's quite verve/mbv-y, but hopefully doesn't come across as derivative.

https://soundcloud.com/conclamo/nebulous
BROKENHEART
Known user

Post by BROKENHEART »

Enjoying this one moop.Some great build and slide out drone at the finish. Thanks again for sharing.