RSD 2014

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

olan
Known user

RSD 2014

Post by olan »

In the light of the thread on the ridiculous price that the Translucent Flashbacks reissue is listed for on eBay, http://forum.spiritualized.me/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12321 what have you got your eye on this year?

IMHO it is very dull compared to two years ago but here is my original wishlist:
• Bardo Pond - Looking For Another Place
• Durutti Column: Chronicle LX:XL (2CD box) [Sadly this has been delayed due to the designer being an arse/cost issues]
• J. Spaceman & Kid Million - Live at Le Poisson Rouge (12-inch + 7-inch)
• Joy Division - An Ideal for Living (12-inch) [Predictable... :roll: ]
• Pogues - Live with Joe Strummer (2LP on red vinyl)
• Screaming Trees - Last Words : The Final Recordings
• Section 25 - "Reflection (Young Image)" / "Change" (7-inch, European, exclusive)
• Spacemen 3 - Translucent Flashbacks (LP)
• Tame Impala Live Versions 12"
• Various - The Space Project (7x7-inch box set) [would settle for the LP too]
tav falco
Known user

Re: RSD 2014

Post by tav falco »

Bob out of Probe said that the cd of the space project is coming out in 2 or 3 weeks
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

When it first started I was all in. On the day itself I woke up quite excited. The past couple years, however, I have grown more cynical. I don't have a problem with the idea to try and promote music and local record stores. That is great. What I don't like is the central focus is primarily on the money and shifting product. The limited edition LP's or reissued 45's and 33's being sold for quite a lot simply because they are "ltd ed." (yet still finding them a year or so later dramatically marked down!), the immediate flipping on eBay at double the price, the long lines etc. I don't know...the whole spontaneity and enjoyment of popping into your local store, flipping through the bins and discovering something you maybe weren't even looking for OR finding that LP you have searched long and hard for seems to be forgotten.

Also, I am seeing less and less on these RSD lists that I care about. I'll always support my local record stores but somehow I don't think I'm the customer that RSD is aiming for in the first place.

I did stop by a record store today and found original copies of the first couple Argent albums at $4/5 each. I didn't have them so I came home with a couple records under my arm and am sorted with some new listening for the weekend. New Eels album comes out next week. I'm good.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

I always work on RSD. Bummer for those in retail.
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

It is a bit of a cash cow for all involved, especially those ebay sorts. I've bought bits and pieces from previous years but not many as the prices always seem too high. The best vinyl I ever picked up was the Black Angels Phosgene Nightmare 10", which is my favourite release by them, plus the I'd Rather Be Lonely 7". The Seeds Evil Hoodoo 10" was great, esp the raw Saitisy You b side. I also got the Elevators and Red Crayola coloured 7"s but they go pretty much unplayed. I do wonder whether it's a case of buying things just for the sake f it when you're caught up in the RSD instore frenzy.

Saying that, this year I had my eye on the Thee Oh Sees Drop album but that's now out already. Apparently it was a press release error noting it as a RSD release. Other than that, maybe the Jon Spencer 'She's On it/Jack The Ripper' 12".

The best part about it at my local stores (Fives in Leigh On Sea, and South in Southend On Sea) is that some friends are DJ'ing instore, couple of live sets by others, with plenty of friends hanging out and having a laugh. Plus it's my birthday so I'll be on a buzz anyway.

Happy shopping everyone.
mkb
Known user

Post by mkb »

Might go for the LCD Soundsystem 5LP live album
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

I now live hundreds of miles away from the nearest RSD participating record shop (indeed - any record shop) so if anyone here out there can pick me up a copy of the J.Spaceman/Kid Millions 12" I will repay you with the necessary funds & postage, as well as a mountain of karma and bunch of goodies too... :wink:
O P 8
shalloboi
Known user

Post by shalloboi »

this is going to be quite the production for me this year-

i'm after the space project (i'll probably go with the 7" box, but wouldn't mind the vinyl), the bardo pond lp (which i know nothing about), the mazzy star 7" (this is the one item i'll be really upset if i don't get), the tame impala 12", 'translucent flashbacks,' of course, the camera obscura EP, bjm/magic castles split and the black angels 10".

so i'm waking up at 5:30am so i can get to the first shop (which opens at 7). my wife is waking up at 7:30 to get in line at another shop (which opens at 10). i have to be at work by 1:15, so i might have to text her a list of whatever i wasn't able to get at the first shop. i'm going to be a complete zombie at work, which is going to be rough because it's going to be busy since it's the weekend.
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

BzaInSpace wrote:I now live hundreds of miles away from the nearest RSD participating record shop (indeed - any record shop) so if anyone here out there can pick me up a copy of the J.Spaceman/Kid Millions 12" I will repay you with the necessary funds & postage, as well as a mountain of karma and bunch of goodies too... :wink:
Will see what I can do BZA.
http://www.soundcloud.com/haarlemriots
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

well it looks like one of my local shops got Translucent Flashbacks, any idea how much in USD that's likely to cost?
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

davedecay wrote:well it looks like one of my local shops got Translucent Flashbacks, any idea how much in USD that's likely to cost?

Gonna hazard a guess, $70? A ridiculous amount for stuff already widely available,
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

I'm deliberately avoiding the record store today and going to go tomorrow instead. If the stuff I want is still there then that's fine with me. If not, then it wasn't meant to be.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

I wandered into Probe at midday. It was busy, but nothing unusual. Seemingly they opened at 8:00 and the first 3 hours were madness. Happily, I got everything on my wishlist but didn't bother with the Spacemen 3 reissue in the end....forgot to by the Asteroid #4 album though :? . Yet another sign of old age setting in.

There was plenty of RSD stock left when I was in Probe. If anybody wants anything drop me a PM and I'll have a look tomorrow or Monday.
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

I want to get The The Giant 12" thing (so I can put it in my Soul Mining vinyl re-release box later this year!) but I can't imagine that's going to be sold out everywhere so I didn't join the scrum in Brighton today.

I might pick up that Roger Waters 10" thing as a curio but again not going to cry if that one slips through the net either. Little or no interest in anything else listed, although I know there are always a few surprises on the day itself. Quite a few things seemed rip-off expensive to me...
shalloboi
Known user

Post by shalloboi »

I did get up stupid early this morning, but got all of the limited stuff I wouldn't be able to get later.

Wasn't able to get the bjm/magic castles split, but I can live without it. No one had the bardo pond 12”.

The store I went to didn't have the space project box or lp or the spacemen box, but I'm kind of relieved since it's not really any different from what's already available.

I got the mazzy star single, tame impala live lp, the medicine live album, the camera obscura ep and the black angels ep (which I'm listening to right and really enjoying!). Of those five four were the last copies in the store. I loved not having to make two stops this year, too.

Glad to see that others here got good hauls as well.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

spzretent wrote: Jorma Kaukonen Quah remastered yellow vinyl LP
It's interesting that they felt the need to remaster "Quah". I wonder if Jorma was behind it and if so, why he felt it needed it? It's been reissued a few times over the years too yet, it (original pressings) are not particularly rare. BUT...it is a great one! Even the Joan Miro style cover is great.

I met Jorma years ago, with Country Joe, and it was one of those awe inspired moments of not really knowing what to say. But, he was gracious, humble and very nice. As was Joe McDonald.
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

I ordered the forthcoming LP reissue ofVauxhall & I from SoundStageDirect. Every day is Record Store Day. At this point, I don't need to stand in a ridiculous line hoping that I can get something that may or may not be there. That's not the way record shopping should be. I think most shops would be happier for patrons to show up on any day other than RSD and buy something. Neil Young's new album went on sale today. I went to buy it via Third Man's website and it was already sold out. Yay! God forbid they manufacture enough copies to satisfy his fanbase. Isn't the point to sell records directly to the people who actually want to listen to them? There is one copy on eBay right now. I can't wait to see how expensive it gets. I am fully in old man mode. I have to go hide easter eggs in the back yard now. He is risen, I guess.
PopeJez
Known user

Post by PopeJez »

The The 12" is really good. The re-worked DJ Food version is fantastic.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

The Screaming Trees LP is the favourite here so far......
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

BZA, Im really sorry mate. I failed you! I really wanted to bring home a copy of the live album for you but it was 1 copy each.
Check you pm's anyway. Sorry man!
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Just popped into Resident Records here in Brighton and it was fairly busy as soon as they opened at 10am (seems like I wasn't the only one who wanted to avoid yesterday's bedlam). Managed to pick up Black Angels, Asteroid #4 and Brian Jonestown Massacre but they had none left of either the Spaceman/Kid Millions LP or the Space Project LP (or 7" box set for that matter). Going to see if I get hold of copies of these online but may need a helping hand if not.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

spzretent wrote:Bza is covered. I got him both J Spacemean/Kid Millions and The Space Project Lp.
Whoops , should have read this earlier. I just picked him up a copy on eBay. I know Modlab's out of town this weekend so I'll give him a shout when he's back see if he wants a copy.
burningwheel
Known user

Post by burningwheel »

Do all the j spacemen things come with the 7". Sadly, I wasn't able to hit rsd due to other plans. Guess it will be ebay for me, prices for the stuff I want aren't too band except for veruca salt
[url=http://www.loveisforever.org]Primal Scream, My Bloody Valentine, Swervedriver, Chapterhouse, The Telescopes, Loop, Verve and more![/url]
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

my hometown has 2 independent record stores in it, amazingly.
I popped in and got a couple of things- not RSD stuff though, because I don't have a record player. this would be one of my grumbles with it. there seemed to be a few more CD things last year compared to this year. I know that vinyl is obviously more desirable and special in certain ways, fair enough. but it's pretty gutting that there was some very cool stuff (Twilight Sad, Chris Forsyth, Tame Impala) that I had to miss out on. if they produced more stuff on CD it would allow people like me to support the whole thing, and would also free up the vinyl pressing plants a bit (been reading that RSD is ironically fucking up small labels quite a bit by clogging up the pressing plants). it also seems to reinforce the subtext that 'proper music fans only buy vinyl'.

maybe it does need a slight rethink. like anything eventually, it seems to have been hijacked and corrupted slightly by the big labels.. the fact there was a One Direction release this year is fucked up... I would be willing to bet that none of those gimps have a record player between them.

there was also an instore set by local band Coves- they weren't bad, kind of moody psych pop. I see they are playing Liverpool Psych Fest too.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

If anyone in the UK does manage to get a spare copy of the Space Project LP (not the 7" box set) or the Spaceman/Kid Millions LP then please, please bear me in mind.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
mkb
Known user

Post by mkb »

angelsighs wrote: maybe it does need a slight rethink. like anything eventually, it seems to have been hijacked and corrupted slightly by the big labels.. the fact there was a One Direction release this year is fucked up... I would be willing to bet that none of those gimps have a record player between them.
Seen a few comments like this, but I don't agree. There was a little girl in the queue behind me with her parents waiting on the One Direction single, and she was probably the happiest shopper of the day - she might never go in a record shop again, but at least she knows what one is like now, if it wasn't for One Direction she might never have set foot in one. Anything that fights against record shops being populated solely by bearded middle-aged men discussing Japanese test pressings of krautrock records is a good thing in my opinion (I may well turn into one of these myself one day, but the more diverse record shops can be, the better).

You're probably right about them not having a record player, but so what if they never get played? Some people like having the artefact. I'm willing to bet the vast majority of 12 CD versions of Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space have never been played either.

Anyway, I managed to get the LCD Soundsystem box, the J Spaceman/Kid Millions live album and the soundtrack to In The Wall by Clint Mansell. Happy with that.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

simonkeeping wrote:
spzretent wrote:Bza is covered. I got him both J Spacemean/Kid Millions and The Space Project Lp.
Whoops , should have read this earlier. I just picked him up a copy on eBay. I know Modlab's out of town this weekend so I'll give him a shout when he's back see if he wants a copy.
Ah you lovely lovely people... PMs imminent.

Thanks for the gracious and kind help. I love this fuckin' board. :D :D :D
O P 8
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

so how much is The Space Project LP in the USA? or the 7" set?
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

thanks, $20 isn't too bad. will look at my local shop this week.
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

Looks like my guy has the 7" box set and the LP versions of the Space Project, as well as the J. Spaceman Kid Millions record.

As well as that LCD Soundsystem box and A LOT of other titles.
mc
Known user

Post by mc »

I picked up the Twilight Sad "Fourteen Autumns and Fifteen Winters" reissue this morning (double LP with the original album and a disc of unreleased songs and demos). Alas, my nearest store didn't get in the Spaceman/Kid Millions LP. So glad I didn't bother queueing on Saturday morning...
The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

just wondering (as there are many experts here) if rsd has a knock on effect for the whole year or if it is just a day+ blip?
“You're not Dostoevsky,' said the citizeness

'Well, who knows, who knows,' he replied.

'Dostoevsky's dead,' said the citizeness, but somehow not very confidently.

'I protest!' Behemoth exclaimed hotly. 'Dostoevsky is immortal!”
bambam
Known user

Post by bambam »

Spent north of $300 which about average for me. Really don't get Fire, though. $28 for the bardo 12" (2 songs!), $80 for the Sp3 set( which I passed on), yet only $40 for complete set of the Moles (2×LP AND 2xCD). Must say they had the best stuff out of any label this, especially if you count the ESG and Half Japanese sets. Unfortunately, most of it was too pricey to justify @ $80 for 3lps.
shalloboi
Known user

Post by shalloboi »

The Dr wrote:just wondering (as there are many experts here) if rsd has a knock on effect for the whole year or if it is just a day+ blip?
if items are going to reappear they usually do so within a month or two. the ebay flipping mass hysteria usually slows after two weeks as well.

right now i'm fighting my anxiety about not having the space project LP- as far as i understand it was one of those 'record store day first' releases, which means it'll be widely available after the day.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

BzaInSpace wrote:
simonkeeping wrote:
Ah you lovely lovely people... PMs imminent.

Thanks for the gracious and kind help. I love this fuckin' board. :D :D :D
I'd like to echo this sentiment. A massive thank you to Spzretent for getting your hands on the Spaceman/Kid Millions release for me. This Forum really is a joy to behold sometimes, especially when it comes to favours like this. :D 8)

Paying it forward, I'd like to say that if there is anyone on here that is after a specific release, I will see if I can get hold of it in my local record store, Resident Records, who still had a shed load of stock when I went in there yesterday.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
Dreamweapon
Known user

Post by Dreamweapon »

I know I started a separate thread for the specific Spacemen 3 release, but since everyone seems to posting on this thread, thought I'd just post here.

There seem to be multiple copies of this going straight up on eBay - another frustrating and also infuriating element from the school of 'Let's buy it just to flog it a profit' - see also gig tickets..... I know some people may well be running a business, but I'm curious of whether this is specifically to make a profit, particularly when they seem to have quite a variety of prices!
cantona
Known user

Post by cantona »

Paul Weller shunning Record Store Day in future due to touts:

http://paulweller.com/news.php?item=663

Also heard rumors about some recordshops who put the records away and selling them on ebay.
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

I didn't get up and out early this year, just like previous years, as it always falls on my birthday weekend. Still, nice vibe in my local when I got down there and I did think of a few of you lot when spotting Ateroid #4 and Bardo Pond vinyl still sitting in the rack at gone lunchtime. I should've picked up a couple shouldn't I?

I picked up the Jon Spencer 12" which is a great but could easily have fitted onto a 7" seeing as it's only just over 3 mins long. My mate has a spare copy going (he thinks) if anyone would like to raise a shout for it. He thinks it's too short. I'm keeping mine for the whole Beaties/JSBX crossover thang and the Def Jam style sleeve too.

I also got the Black Angels 10", though am regretting that now as it cost £18 and I'm bloody skint so it was a daft move but like previous years I got caught up in the moment of having to buy something. If anyone is looking for a copy then I could well move it along, just give me a PM or reply here. I hate going down the ebay route as it looks very touty and against the spirit of RSD. Checked the listings earlier and there's one on there for about £24 so far.

My girlfriend took a punt on a 7" record by Bed Rugs called Purple Pills purely based on the sleeve. Quite liked that attitude towards the buying of a RSD release. Very good little song it is too,s o she was a happy bunny.
Aquarian-Time
Known user

Post by Aquarian-Time »

I was in The Newcastle of Friday night, so set my alarm for 4.50am and drove down to Leeds where I was 24th in the queue outside Norman Records at 7am. Had I have turned up at 7am at Piccadilly Records I would have been about 224th !! Norman is in the middle of nowhere on a trading estate near to Leeds Utd's ground, they dont class themselves as a shop, purely mail order, but they open to the public on RSD. Good call coming here as althought they were really slow getting people served, it was all done fairly and I got most of what I was after.
Asteroid#4, Mazzy Star, Black Angels, BJM, Space project Box, J Spacemen, Alexander Tucker, White Denim, Bardo Pond. Missed out on the Tame Impala
Piccadilly Records in Manchester have Asteroid#4/Mazzy Star/J Spacemen/Space Project and Bardo Pond still in stock, although thats only of use if you happen to call in the store unfortunately
The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

just seen a picture of the bunnymen's blue rsd vinyl copy of ocean rain. it is gorgeous. almost makes me wish i had known and gone to brighton (nearest 'big' town) and bought a copy

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Echo-and-the- ... 3f345acdc1

The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

PopeJez
Known user

Post by PopeJez »

Couldn't get the Spacemen 3 reissue on Saturday. Tried a different shop on Monday and he said that he thought there would be quite a few left at the record company and he would check for me. He didn't order any as he didn't know if he could shift them (for reasons already mentioned on this board). Got a all today and, yes, he can order it in. If anyone still wants this check with your local shop as they should still be able to get it for you.

Managed to get the Space Project box set today in Reading. Happy face.
rameses
Known user

Post by rameses »

TheWarmth wrote:I ordered the forthcoming LP reissue ofVauxhall & I from SoundStageDirect. Every day is Record Store Day. At this point, I don't need to stand in a ridiculous line hoping that I can get something that may or may not be there. That's not the way record shopping should be. I think most shops would be happier for patrons to show up on any day other than RSD and buy something. Neil Young's new album went on sale today. I went to buy it via Third Man's website and it was already sold out. Yay! God forbid they manufacture enough copies to satisfy his fanbase. Isn't the point to sell records directly to the people who actually want to listen to them? There is one copy on eBay right now. I can't wait to see how expensive it gets. I am fully in old man mode. I have to go hide easter eggs in the back yard now. He is risen, I guess.

Looks like the NY album is back in stock at Thirdman. It's only $20 so looks like a bargain :D . $45 shipping to the UK however isn't. :shock:
It's nice to be liked,
But it's better by far to get paid.
The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

spzretent wrote:
The Dr wrote:here's what is left in brighton

http://www.resident-music.com/collectio ... 516&page=1
That looks to be the entire RSD list. Not what is left. Same with Piccadilly.
yes that's the list of what is left according to the website 'what's left' section

http://www.resident-music.com/home

top banner with the here button

. i picked up ocean rain!

davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

My local shop has (as of 4/22 at 3pm) about 3 copies of Kid Millions/J. Spaceman LP.

I got the last Space Project LP they had.
Pat Garrett
Known user

Post by Pat Garrett »

rameses wrote: Looks like the NY album is back in stock at Thirdman. It's only $20 so looks like a bargain :D . $45 shipping to the UK however isn't. :shock:
Rameses - can you please post a link if you can see it on their site? I just looked but can't find it. Thanks!
rameses
Known user

Post by rameses »

Pat Garrett wrote:
rameses wrote: Looks like the NY album is back in stock at Thirdman. It's only $20 so looks like a bargain :D . $45 shipping to the UK however isn't. :shock:
Rameses - can you please post a link if you can see it on their site? I just looked but can't find it. Thanks!

It's here:

http://thirdmanstore.com/featured/a-let ... e-12-vinyl

the website calculates shipping once it's in your cart.
It's nice to be liked,
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

Scored a copy of the N.Y. album. Can't wait, as I've heard good things.
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

Hey Warmth, Neil Young is back in stock at Third Man. I would love a copy but shipping it to the UK is more than the cost of the record - the cheapest option is $24.15. Why has US post gone so nuts?
PopeJez
Known user

Post by PopeJez »

The Sound Machine in Reading had a number of the Kid Millions/J. Spaceman LP as at lunchtime today if anyone is still looking for one.
mywhitenoise
Known user

Post by mywhitenoise »

My girlfriend picked up an extra copy of the Spaceman/Millions LP if anyone wants it. $30 (that's how much it cost!) + shipping.
ro
Known user

Post by ro »

spzretent wrote:J Spaceman/Kid Millions Lp
taken.
thank you.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

spzretent wrote:
olan wrote:The Screaming Trees LP is the favourite here so far......
Currently in an email war with Barrett Martin who put this record out.
Happy to own it but his reasoning for charging US customers $10 to ship the LP is laughable. He is basically telling me he has to pay "his staff" a living wage is a fucking joke. Has anyone seen the Sunyata Records catalog. That is a one person operation. I also asked him why if I wanted 3 Lps shipped from Washington to Michigan my shipping was $30? Does it take that same employee and extra $20 worth of work to pick 3 Lps instead of 1? No answer on that question yet.
Just charge $25 for the LP instead of $20 and charge what everyone else here does. $5 maybe $6 for shipping.
This is infuriating.
I am being ignored by The Asteroid #4 about a similar issue, other than they want to charge me $16 per LP to ship from US to UK. I sent a polite email to them via Bandcamp, but have heard nothing so I'm not ordering. I'll get what I wanted via my local shop instead. Either way, imposing a flat fee per record is simply insupportable (particularly so if the vendor sends multiple LPs in a single mailer).
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

What will you be doing in the UK? If you're in Manchester and fancy a drink, let me know.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

spzretent wrote:Olan.
I have that These Flowers Lp here and am coming over Saturday, well Brussells anyway. I will be in Leeds by Tuesday. If you want I can bring it over and ship from Leeds. It would be 17 quid shipped to Liverpool if interested..
CTKME seem to subscribe to the same shipping school as Barrett Martin/Sunyata.
Thanks Alan. I've sent you a PM. Watch the mixture of Belgian Beer and jetlag. It is a killer.....
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

I'm still looking for a copy of the Space Project 12" or 7" box ... whatever is available, if anyone has an extra or sees one in a shop. Let me know.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Resident Records here in Brighton are putting up the remainder of their RSD stock up for sale online tonight:-

http://www.resident-music.com

As an aside, they also got voted the UKs best independent music retailer for the 2nd time last night 8)
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
marcvolta
Known user

Post by marcvolta »

Does anyone in the US have a line on the Veruca Salt 10"?
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

Update: I scored a Space Project 7" box locally, so I'm all set now.
burningwheel
Known user

Post by burningwheel »

marcvolta wrote:Does anyone in the US have a line on the Veruca Salt 10"?
I'm looking for one also, as well as mazzy star. Cheers
Last edited by burningwheel on Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://www.loveisforever.org]Primal Scream, My Bloody Valentine, Swervedriver, Chapterhouse, The Telescopes, Loop, Verve and more![/url]
shalloboi
Known user

Post by shalloboi »

TheWarmth wrote:Update: I scored a Space Project 7" box locally, so I'm all set now.
where'd you find it? how much was it too? i found one on discogs that was sealed for $45 from a US seller so i figured it wasn't going to get much better than that.
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

shalloboi wrote:
TheWarmth wrote:Update: I scored a Space Project 7" box locally, so I'm all set now.
where'd you find it? how much was it too? i found one on discogs that was sealed for $45 from a US seller so i figured it wasn't going to get much better than that.
Vintage Vinyl in Evanston. Naturally, they had it overpriced at $50, but after seeing what they've been going for on eBay and then considering how much the total would be to have one shipped to me, I figured I should just grab it. Now I have to find the time to drive up there and pick it up. Nothing is easy with RSD.
beaker73
Known user

Post by beaker73 »

does anyone have a spare copy of the screaming trees Last Words album?
"I've been drinking all night long, but my hands are steady"
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Just been checking out the remaining stock on some sites, christ there`s some ridiculously overpriced old tat left, £10/12 for re-released 7" singles? they must think we`re f#ckin` mugs, :x
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

I'm hoping to check out another nearby shop that stocks RSD titles tomorrow morning (Sat 26 April).
rameses
Known user

Post by rameses »

I got a copy of the Spaceman/Kid Millions LP from normanrecords at midnight. Very happy indeed.
They also have a regular CD release of the Space Project available so I'll get that in the next week or so.

I just need there to be a version of the new NY album at a reasonable price now. Hopefully there'll be an CD/DVD as with previous performance release series.
It's nice to be liked,