Eat Lights Become Lights IntoForever Or in praise of Dom/GPS

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

spzretent
Site Admin

Eat Lights Become Lights IntoForever Or in praise of Dom/GPS

Post by spzretent »

I know I have butted heads with Neil on this forum before but I just want to say this is a gorgeous record. I have listened to it 4 times in two days and it gets better every time. I am particularly fond of side two. It is almost ambient krautrock. Just blows me away. I dont want those songs to end.
I haven't even played the remix Lp yet either.
Good job.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
olan
Known user

Re: Eat Lights Become Lights- Into Forever Lp

Post by olan »

I bought both versions of the LP from Neil. They have not arrived yet, but I have a parcel waiting notice to deal with on the way to work this morning.

They Transmit doesn't seem to contribute on here much any more. Shame really.....
rameses
Known user

Post by rameses »

I purchased these as well and was wondering when they were due to be released. Hopefully my postie will have been by the time I get home. :)
It's nice to be liked,
But it's better by far to get paid.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

It's a great album although I haven't had a chance to listen to the additional remix LP either yet. A lot more ambient than previous offerings which works for me.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
rameses
Known user

Post by rameses »

Still waiting for mine. Hope it's not got lost. :(
It's nice to be liked,
They Transmit
Known user

Post by They Transmit »

Those mixes were all edited from way longer mixes.

Into Forever the title track is actually about 30mins long in its unedited form.
You should check the remixes, Tim Holmes's remix is stunning

Pleased you are digging it.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-lights-Become-lights/225847625393
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

I bought mine from Neil. I paid for both versions of the album, the double LP turned up, the single LP didn't. :(
rameses
Known user

Post by rameses »

My copy never turned up. I can only assume that Royal Mail lost it. Unfortunately I've been unable to locate another copy of the remix l.p. as it's sold out. Dom at GPS found a few but they went in about 10 minutes. Postage from the US makes the copies Alan's got too expensive. :(
It's nice to be liked,
They Transmit
Known user

Post by They Transmit »

Really sorry guys, looks like the newly privatised royal mail kinda sucks these days.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-lights-Become-lights/225847625393
Hofstadter
Known user

Post by Hofstadter »

My copy (including remixes) is on its way from Dock Ellis Records - can't wait to hear it!
rameses
Known user

Post by rameses »

I've just found another copy on eBay including the remix disc

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EAT-LIGHTS-BE ... 58b061d36b
It's nice to be liked,
domearworm
Known user

Post by domearworm »

hi chaps,

just re: the ELBL LP that I put out on GPS; firstly it was nice to hear people generally giving it an enthusiastic thumbs up.

apologies for the double working out so costly, if GPS was a Sony or a Warners I could have tucked in the remix LPs at no extra cost as a ltd freebie LP but sadly i'm not! in fact without exaggeration it worked out almost as costly to do as the regular version so hence having to charge the price of 2 x LPs. Still, to anyone who knows both labels here (the other being Deep Distance) you'll know that I pride myself on keeping things cheap! (...have a word with 90% of other labels on Record Store Day for REALLY shocking price setting :))

gotta say it's a bit alarming to hear 5 people now saying that copies bought from Neil have gone walkabout in the mail. Obviously i can't speak for the artists' themselves but any thru' GPS will always get refunds (as per the age old record collector / goldmine / ebay / discogs policy) so do feel free to come direct on the stuff here.....

Dom
Multi
Known user

Post by Multi »

Neil, please release the mastered SHSL/HITS ENCORE Royal Albert Hall concert (in full)!
semisynthetic
Known user

Post by semisynthetic »

I am just waiting for my new "batch" of Lights to snack on. Probably next week.
"Everything is a Poison; it is the amount or degree that separates one Poison from another"
Paracelsus
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

My double vinyl arrived safely a couple of weeks ago direct from Neil, not had a chance to listen yet.
Would've been nice to get a d/l code with it though. I know GPS never issues them but i thought if the records were coming direct from the band a code might've been forthcoming.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

This is worrisome. I ordered two Dean & Britta 7-inches from Norman Records. They were shipped on May 22nd and I still don't have them. I guess I'll make a Paypal claim within the next 10 days or so if they don't show up.
rameses
Known user

Post by rameses »

spzretent wrote:To those who haven't recieved your copies. If you paid via paypal you should make a claim. Paypal does a good job of sorting these instances out espcially if you are the buyer. I think you have 45 days from purchase date to file claim.
Only problem here is as it was a pre-order, it was after 45 days when they shipped. I've contacted Neil directly so hopefully this will get sorted.
It's nice to be liked,
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

rameses wrote:
spzretent wrote:To those who haven't recieved your copies. If you paid via paypal you should make a claim. Paypal does a good job of sorting these instances out espcially if you are the buyer. I think you have 45 days from purchase date to file claim.
Only problem here is as it was a pre-order, it was after 45 days when they shipped. I've contacted Neil directly so hopefully this will get sorted.
I tried that. Suffice to say I had to go to eBay to replace the record that I paid for but did not receive from Neil. I would be very pleased to hear that he has sorted this for you.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Re: Eat It

Post by BzaInSpace »

They Transmit wrote:Really sorry guys, looks like the newly privatised royal mail kinda sucks these days.
C'mon.

For a start the Royal Mail is hardly privatised yet - the infrastructure remains the same - and worse still you're using that as an excuse for several orders going "missing" in what, a couple of hundred orders at best?

Surely you could use tracking codes? Or at the very least have a word with your local post office - being a customer (and on behalf of your customers) nobody should stand for such shoddy service.

Lastly, and somewhat ironically, I recall a few instances in the past where you tore new arseholes into posters here who dared admit they had enjoyed downloading free/'illegal' music.

Yet this grandiose sense of entitlement and rather self-righteous stance is completely opposed by your attitude towards people who are actually buying your own music...
O P 8
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

My wife refers to Neil's band as Buy Records: Get Record. 100% accurate and involves less swearing than my description. I still have not received the second LP I paid Neil for. I was assured that my situation was unique and the suggestion was that it must be my problem that the record I paid him for did not arrive. This is absolutely pathetic behaviour on the part of the artist. Sadly, I was forced to purchase another copy on eBay. I did this not because EL:BL are so important to me, but rather because I collect the GPS releases and this would be a missing item from an otherwise complete collection.

I regret not buying from the label really and will not make the same mistake twice. I have saved my email exchange with Neil and will post it in the event he attempts to sell here again, just so people are aware of what they are dealing with. Buy the records from Dom Martin, Neil is simply not worth the effort. A very strong Caveat Emptor is necessary and will be forthcoming from me at every opportunity both here and elsewhere (which is childish, but will be kind of satisfying).
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

You want a perfect model on how to run a label and sell records look no further than Dom at The Great Pop Supplement.
I did an order with him on Friday last week. He shipped it yesterday 17 February UPS from London. It was on my porch in Detroit tonight 18 February. One day later. Every single item I ordered was in the parcel and accounted for.
Thumbs up Dom!
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)