L&G for my wedding

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

Zombier
New user

L&G for my wedding

Post by Zombier »

I was hoping some of you folks here could help me out with something. I'm getting married in November and both my bride & I want to use Ladies & Gentlemen as our processional music. We've given it a lot of consideration and cannot come up with anything even close to as good a choice. We are both huge fans of the band, have traveled across the US to see them a few times, and both think that LAG at the beginning of the wedding will certainly result in waves of tears & joy in equal measure. The only issue we have is that the album version is too short. I've considered seeking help from some musician / producer friends of mine in re-editing / looping the original to extend it and I might still look to that option in the end. My other best option at the moment is the Moles Studio Mix from the Deluxe reissue (still can't bring myself to pop the blister pack disks).
But I was hoping to see if there was a live version out there that would do the trick. I've seen some of the live shows on the youtubes that are amazing performances and considerably longer but for both digital audio quality and audience noise I would reject those. Could anyone point me to a high bit rate or lossless format recording of LAG that is in the 5min+ range and has minimal audience noise? I have the Sydney 2/12/12 show and it is aaaaaallllmost perfect. But just a bit of crowd noise and only so slightly to punchy an audio mix (I know: its live right?!). Anyway, if anyone has any input on this I'd love to hear it.

Thanks & cheers...
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

L&G for my wedding

Post by BzaInSpace »

Hi and welcome!

Great choice of wedding song...

Me and the missus used the 'Elvis' mix, her choice and it sounded suitably & massively victorious, epic and emotional.

If you're looking for a great live version the best one I know of is the extended version from the 2010 NYC Radio City LAG show. Minimal crowd noise and certainly through the actual music the wall of sound is so vast there's so little room for the usual crowd 'atmosphere'....
O P 8
semisynthetic
Known user

Re: L&G for my wedding

Post by semisynthetic »

I agree with BzaInSpace; that particular show has the best quality (that I have found anyway); and I do Truly like your choice;
I believe the piece to be an exceptional; memorable work, and a great way to remember a Loving Moment for a very, very [Happy] Long Loving Time.

There are certain pieces that have a certain "universality" to it; and "L&G" is one of those pieces.

Congratulations!