GeoMixtape

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

toomilk
Known user

GeoMixtape

Post by toomilk »

As some of you may know, I'm a GIS Analyst by profession. GIS stands for Geographic Information Systems. I won't bog you down with the boring details, but it basically involves maintaining spatial data and making maps for display or analysis from said data.

I was making a mixtape for a young lady (cheesy) and started to think about where all the artists on it were from. I got the idea that I should create a map of their hometowns. Then that turned into this "Story Map" template idea, which is something that the software company that makes the standard GIS software offers as an out-of-the-box solution. After 30 minutes, I cooked something up that actually houses the mixtape too (well, from youtube, but still).

Behold, the first ever GEOMIXTAPE!!!!!!!!! http://bit.ly/1rPjwzW

Still a lot of kinks. For some reason the autoplay on youtube videos freaks out here.

Enjoy!

PS: Does anyone know where Cleaners From Venus started out? I don't have that Giles Smith book on me at the moment and can't narrow it down further than "Essex".
nickh
Known user

Re: GeoMixtape

Post by nickh »

toomilk wrote: PS: Does anyone know where Cleaners From Venus started out? I don't have that Giles Smith book on me at the moment and can't narrow it down further than "Essex".
:mrgreen:
Last edited by nickh on Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ro
Known user

Re: GeoMixtape

Post by ro »

What a cool idea!