New Moon Duo LP

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

olan
Known user

New Moon Duo LP

Post by olan »

Bit late on this, but there is a new Moon Duo LP Shadow of the Sun due out on 2nd March. I think it comes with a free 7" single if you pre-order the vinyl. The extra track on the 7" is tacked onto the end of the CD. Details are here: http://moonduo.org/
toomilk
Known user

Re: New Moon Duo LP

Post by toomilk »

I'm a bit disappointed that it isn't available from Sacred Bones' website. The links are to Amazon. Fuck 'em, I don't want my money going through those fucks*.

* I have Amazon Prime and I love the instant videos and the free shipping. I still would rather order through Sacred Bones, even though the last record I bought through them (Dream Police) came warped so much that it won't play on my turntable.

Bummerville. I'll still support them at any turn. I bought their Alexander Heir book and it's incredible.

Today only, get 40% off their music. Check out with promo code "DARKESTDAY." Pretty fucking cool.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

I preordered mine in the UK, but not from Amazon I might add. I can't/won't buy direct from Sacred Bones (or most other US labels) since the ridiculous increase in shipping charges to the UK. Typically it costs more to get the LP sent to the UK now than it costs to buy it in the first place.

The links are those chosen by Moon Duo. It is their site IIRC. FWIW, I hope this is a return to form. I don't really listen to the last LP, or the recent live album.
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Did you order it online in the UK Olan? I would pre-order myself,
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Let Sacred Bones know. They will send out a replacement. I bought a Psychic Ills lp from them that the center hole was so small the LP cracked when I forced it on the platter. They sent a new one out.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

You can pre-order through Amoeba in the US.
I think I feel it coming on
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

niamhm wrote:Did you order it online in the UK Olan? I would pre-order myself,
Yep. I ordered it from Recordstore.co.uk. I note that Norman and other have it for pre-order too.....
runaway
Known user

Post by runaway »

Somewhat related: Eastwood Guitars are releasing a limited edition "Ripley" model-
http://www.eastwoodguitars.com/airline- ... tom-black/

"The '59 Airline is the most versatile guitar that I've ever owned. The three pickups, 5-way switch, and Bigsby give me such an infinite range of tones and sounds. It's perfect for any situation, in the studio or on stage. Plus, and this is especially important to me on the road, it is durable as hell. To take the playability to another level, we could simplify it - master tone and volume controls only - but then blow everyone away with the addition of a built-in preamp boost..."
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

Moon Duo have announced a show at the Kazimier in Liverpool on May 4th. I saw the original two piece lineup play an immense gig there a couple of years ago. It is almost the perfect venue for them really.
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

olan wrote:
niamhm wrote:Did you order it online in the UK Olan? I would pre-order myself,
Yep. I ordered it from Recordstore.co.uk. I note that Norman and other have it for pre-order too.....
Cheers Olan will order from there also I think,
burningwheel
Known user

Post by burningwheel »

It's coming to the sacred bones site early january I believe
[url=http://www.loveisforever.org]Primal Scream, My Bloody Valentine, Swervedriver, Chapterhouse, The Telescopes, Loop, Verve and more![/url]
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Watch out with Recordstore.co.uk. I see that they are advertising that the pre-order is for the red vinyl edition. My wife bought me the White Hills album, Glitter, Glamour, Atrocity from there for a Christmas present as it was clearly advertised as the blue vinyl edition and, low and behold, it was the standard black vinyl that I opened on Xmas day. I could have bought that version from my local record store for a couple of quid cheaper and with no p&p charges :twisted:
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
burningwheel
Known user

Post by burningwheel »

You should have bitched
[url=http://www.loveisforever.org]Primal Scream, My Bloody Valentine, Swervedriver, Chapterhouse, The Telescopes, Loop, Verve and more![/url]
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Sacred Bones pre orders up from new Moon Duo LP.
http://www.sacredbonesrecords.com/produ ... c9ffabf4c0
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

burningwheel wrote:You should have bitched
I emailed them the other day and, to be fair to them, they mailed back to apologise and that they were going to refund me the cost of record and p&p. Disappointed it was the blue vinyl as advertised but pleased they put their hands up and admitted it was their mistake. Good customer service in my eyes.

With regards to the new Moon Duo LP....ordering that special edition through Sacred Bones works out at nearly £32 including shipping to the UK. A bit too much for my liking. :(
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

I would again offer to help out but it was one limited LP per person.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

The album is now out there should you care for a sneaky listen.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
semisynthetic
Known user

Post by semisynthetic »

Rarely do I purchase a flawed disc, if it is a new release, I never have problems replacing the flawed copy; if it is an older release, I receive a refund. The only exception is if I buy long out of print recordings still sealed with the intent to play the recording; many people buy such examples to save sealed and sell; (but I never get rid of anything); If I really like something from the past, I do like to buy sealed copies "for later"; and may have several spares.

Olan is certainly right on shipping; but I saw a single I REALLY wanted despite the crazy shipping. It is weird that I can buy music from Lithuania and the Ukraine but pay very reasonable shipping. I buy often from Portugal and The Netherlands, and those folks generally take care of shipping and do a wonderful job. I have skipped a number of shops from around the world because their shipping cost was really nuts.