Aliens : LUNA

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

MODLAB
Site Admin

Aliens : LUNA

Post by MODLAB »

Design.
spzretent
Site Admin

Re: Aliens : LUNA

Post by spzretent »

Its always nice when you have one person trying to undermine another's business. Especially when they are both moderators on the same band forum. I let the Verve Lp link slide by. It is tough to compete wit the person who pressed these or brought them in from wherever.
What a coincidence to wake up this morning and see this thread after I posted something on the Dock Ellis page just last night. Coincidence? No way. While your friend Modlab will deny it of course this is just too much of a coincidence.
If I lived in the UK I would definitely buy from this link. After all this is directly from one of the Aliens who is based in the UK and the shipping is far cheaper. On the other hand I paid a lot of hard earned money to get these over here in the US. Royal Mail shipping alone 90 quid. You do the math.
This really is a new low point.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

I had no clue you posted it. I found it this morning and purchased it from the Aliens Facebook page. As for the Verve: you had no more at the time and tried my luck and was lucky. I never look at your site BTW... I'm looking in the UK...

Sorry! Had no clue...

M
Design.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

MODLAB wrote:I had no clue you posted it. I found it this morning and purchased it from the Aliens Facebook page. As for the Verve: you had no more at the time and tried my luck and was lucky. I never look at your site BTW... I'm looking in the UK...

Sorry! Had no clue...

M
Yeah right.
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

Believe what you want to believe.

I really don't care.

Here you go. My purchase from this morning.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-03-23 at 12.57.29.png
Screen Shot 2015-03-23 at 12.57.29.png (80.1 KiB) Viewed 3903 times
Design.
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

well I live in the UK and very much appreciated modlab posting both those links. I bought them both. I wouldn't expect him to have to check for permission from any other record store owners.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

Sadly, since the massive rise in US Post prices I have stopped buying vinyl in the USA :( . I used to buy direct from a bunch of labels, eBay, Discogs and also a number independent record stores. On principal I can no longer justify paying almost the price of an LP to have the LP shipped to me. :evil: I realise this is out of the hands of the various businesses involved, but there it is. I would rather spend my meagre spare £££ on vinyl rather than give it to US Post. :(
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

Due to exchange rates, it's prohibitive to buy from the UK here in the USA.

I'm better off buying from Germany in Euros, and their shipping is cheaper - maybe due to their carrier, I heard it's DHL.

Sadly, this impacts private sellers, collectors, and businesses on both sides of the pond.

One record I was comparing last night was $3 US more from the UK than Germany. Not a huge amount, but why pay it unless I have to?

Talking of which, anyone in the UK picking up mclusky's LP on RSD? I'm thinking we'll get none here in the US.
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

You're welcome clewsr.

I see nothing wrong when someone stumbles on to something rare. If I can buy it local, it also saves the air freight ( think green ).

B,

M
Design.
bambam
Known user

Post by bambam »

davedecay wrote:
Talking of which, anyone in the UK picking up mclusky's LP on RSD? I'm thinking we'll get none here in the US.
This is definately available in the US. Likely even a different pressing as was Mcclusky do Dallas a couple years ago.
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

bambam wrote:
davedecay wrote:
This is definately available in the US. Likely even a different pressing as was Mcclusky do Dallas a couple years ago.
oh, cool!

got this on Sunday.

spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

RU $24Dollars reincarnated as Semisynthetic ? What's with the bold, trying to get your point across ? :/
semisynthetic
Known user

Post by semisynthetic »

A chemo agent affects my eyesight after an infusion or injections for hours or days; bold helps me see much better. If I write a longer piece, it makes it easier for me to see that I have written as clearly as I can.

All of this animus is so unfortunate and unnecessary.
"Everything is a Poison; it is the amount or degree that separates one Poison from another"
Paracelsus
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

semisynthetic wrote:A chemo agent affects my eyesight after an infusion or injections for hours or days; bold helps me see much better. If I write a longer piece, it makes it easier for me to see that I have written as clearly as I can.

My eyes are so fucked up after my cancer treatment that I rarely drive and find reading difficult. This is an issue because I basically earn my living from being able to to read and think. I actually find the bold type Semi uses a great help as I decline gracelessly into middle-aged decrepitude. :roll:
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

olan wrote:
semisynthetic wrote:A chemo agent affects my eyesight after an infusion or injections for hours or days; bold helps me see much better. If I write a longer piece, it makes it easier for me to see that I have written as clearly as I can.

My eyes are so fucked up after my cancer treatment that I rarely drive and find reading difficult. This is an issue because I basically earn my living from being able to to read and think. I actually find the bold type Semi uses a great help as I decline gracelessly into middle-aged decrepitude. :roll:
I work for a non-profit that specializes in assisting people with disabilities in gaining and maintaining their independence. There's a lot of assistive technology (AT) out there to choose from which both of you might find helpful for reading/writing (screen readers, Zoom Text, text to voice software, etc).

I wish you both good health!
I think I feel it coming on
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

purespace wrote:
Likewise. Does not sound good.
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

clewsr wrote:
purespace wrote:
Likewise. Does not sound good.

I third that.

On to the album. I found it a nice touch that John signed it.
Design.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

purespace wrote:
olan wrote:

I work for a non-profit that specializes in assisting people with disabilities in gaining and maintaining their independence. There's a lot of assistive technology (AT) out there to choose from which both of you might find helpful for reading/writing (screen readers, Zoom Text, text to voice software, etc).

That is very decent of you. I have been free of cancer for five years now. I am able to get by with very strong glasses and now do everything with pen and paper. My writing is technical in the extreme, so text to voice software is not an option. On the other hand, a childhood spent watching Mr Magoo made the decision to give up driving easy though. Crap eyesight is a cheap price to pay for still being here really. :D
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Olan:
Your posts bring a smile to my face. Having a sense of humor though adversity is a valuable thing I think.
Good luck to you both you and Semi.
semisynthetic
Known user

Post by semisynthetic »

It is reassuring to know that there are safety nets for those who require them; for I have battled these meds (and) illnesses for decades. The medications have improved markedly - but they are still poisons. To use such simple tools as "bold" lettering after certain agents have been used is such an old method for me, I never even thought twice.

I was, like Olan, in Academia (until I retired), I read and wrote a great deal; I still do; I always preferred to write on white paper without lines; it was easier to see, and much of my work involved structures of compounds or various types of equations - easier to see with black ink on white paper. I enjoy this SITE very much, but admit I am often befuddled by a strange preoccupation with style over substance. Writing is really not my forte', but I love Music so, and like to learn and share what little I know with others, that I simply do my best.

I do appreciate the expression of your kind thoughts; made ironic because I have been in Hospital since yesterday! It is not a big deal; but after N(x) MRIs, it makes me feel like I am listening to a METAL MACHINE MUSIC "mix" in Surround Sound!

I would like to be able to read about the Aliens "Luna", description and so on - for that is the reason I looked to this thread in the first place! I have (some) of this Band's music; but I have a number of "Alien(s)" in the names or titles of music, it can be a blur if I have not listened to any particular Band lately, plus, I like to read Users opinions on the music itself, whatever the band is; especially those that are relatively new to me.
"Everything is a Poison; it is the amount or degree that separates one Poison from another"
Paracelsus
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

semi,

I would posit that writing IS your forté.

dave
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

spzretent wrote:Olan:
Your posts bring a smile to my face. Having a sense of humor though adversity is a valuable thing I think.

For what it is worth, I shall probably be absolutely blind by the end of The Heads gig on April 8th......
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

You may be deaf too. There should be enough forum members to help you out into the London night.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

spzretent wrote:You may be deaf too. There should be enough forum members to help you out into the London night.
What? :shock: Have we suddenly got a bunch of new recruits??? If past history is anything to go by, we'll all be thrashed. FWIW, I still recall the racket at Koko :D
semisynthetic
Known user

Post by semisynthetic »

I would enjoy going to this concert if only to meet otherwise "Virtual" friends from this SITE; of course I will miss this one and many more; but fortunately for me, I have memories of Nights of Concerts Past that make me smile even as I lay here like a human needle-cushion, listening to "Here come the Warm Jets" on my Doctor's headphones and player that he was kind enough to loan to me as I am "infused" with a variety of nasty medicines.

It is, Spzretent, difficult (at this moment) to express a profound sense of humor, not because I am terribly unhappy, but that the Morphea drippeth at a near maximum setting, (which I turned down a bit so as not fall asleep during "Another Green World"). Plus, I learned that Chocolate Cake and a beverage is on its way; so although NOT my first choice of places to be, I am really doing quite well; and when I read and reread the kind thoughts from the SITE Users, it is very good medicine indeed.
Paracelsus
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

olan wrote:
spzretent wrote:You may be deaf too. There should be enough forum members to help you out into the London night.
What? :shock: Have we suddenly got a bunch of new recruits??? If past history is anything to go by, we'll all be thrashed. FWIW, I still recall the racket at Koko :D
Incredibly, I may be the most sober there! Nothing like a good hospital stay to restrict your alcohol consumption.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

semisynthetic wrote:
I would enjoy going to this concert if only to meet otherwise "Virtual" friends from this SITE; of course I will miss this one and many more; but fortunately for me, I have memories of Nights of Concerts Past that make me smile even as I lay here like a human needle-cushion, listening to "Here come the Warm Jets" on my Doctor's headphones and player that he was kind enough to loan to me as I am "infused" with a variety of nasty medicines.

It is, Spzretent, difficult (at this moment) to express a profound sense of humor, not because I am terribly unhappy, but that the Morphea drippeth at a near maximum setting, (which I turned down a bit so as not fall asleep during "Another Green World"). Plus, I learned that Chocolate Cake and a beverage is on its way; so although NOT my first choice of places to be, I am really doing quite well; and when I read and reread the kind thoughts from the SITE Users, it is very good medicine indeed.
Best wishes from here too Semi. Chocolate cake and Here Come The Warm Jets? Heavy medicine indeed...
O P 8
semisynthetic
Known user

Post by semisynthetic »

BzaInSpace wrote: Best wishes from here too Semi. Chocolate cake and Here Come The Warm Jets? Heavy medicine indeed...
Thanks BZA; I am doing really quite well; the staff and Physicians here are very good, and I know most of them after all these years of (often unscheduled) visits; The "Entertainment and Dessert" were fine; (I always get Chocolate Cake); but I cannot recommend that Main Course! Even the generic compound NAMES sound unappetizing! But, I will be better for Infusion of the Poisons; never is the quote (below) by Paracelus more relatable than when alpha-TNFT and its thio-analogues, among other things, are coursing through your own person! (Partly because the various Xanthines in the Chocolate Cake are mild toxins in their own right)!
Paracelsus