Japanese Amazing Grace?

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

float1ng1nspace
Known user

Japanese Amazing Grace?

Post by float1ng1nspace »

Well, it comes out on Monday and the amazon.com claim is that there is a bonus track. I've been looking around the board and couldn't find a thread that had any insight on it. Has anyone ordered the disc or has heard what this track is going to be? I suppose amazon.com could just be mistaking. Why do I have a feeling that its just going to be the She Kissed Me video?

-float1ng1nspace
twentysixdollars
Known user

Post by twentysixdollars »

The She Kissed Me video is the soundest guess, I'm sure, but if it turns out not to be that (since a video wouldn't really be a 'bonus track' inasmuch as you couldn't actually play it in a CD player) I'm led to believe it'll be an uninspired 'exclusive' instrumental version, most likely of either Oh Baby or the Ballad of Richie Lee. There's precedent to this in Japanese versions of LAGWAFIS and Pure Phase as I'm sure you know. There's even a chance that Amazon has its information wrong and there isn't a bonus track, although I doubt it.

Is anyone else rather vexed that Barrus's Spiritualized Discography hasn't updated in, well, forever?
Jebus Sabes
Known user

Post by Jebus Sabes »

BMG Japan have 'Amazing Grace' listed as released on the 17th December, with no extra tracks.

http://www.bmgjapan.com/_artist/item.ph ... &item=5081
jason_godman
Known user

Post by jason_godman »

I thought bmg was his old record label. I don't understand.
nicolai
Known user

Post by nicolai »

parental advisory - explicit lyrics
twentysixdollars
Known user

Post by twentysixdollars »

From a recent visit to Canada I can assert that BMG is handling at least some international distributorship of Amazing Grace. Up north, the in-store standard edition does in fact come in the slipcase wraparound sleeve that we've come to love but the phrase "Distributed by BMG Canada" (or BMG International) is affixed to the bottom.

To account for this I have two theories. The first is that Sanctuary's overseas distributorship isn't too impressive and that, coincidentally, they happen to have a contract with BMG for that purpose. The other is that perhaps the terms of Jason's own severed contract with BMG-UK provide for one or more further albums to be delivered to and distributed internationally by BMG (with Sanctuary merely handling UK/US markets).

As I'm no longer as privy to record-company maneuvering as I would have been, say, a year ago - remember, I thought news in the summer that Jason was switching record labels was a typo - I'm certainly no authority on these matters, although the first of those two explanations seems most plausible.