Looking for a specific version of LAGWAFIS

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

ascension
Known user

Looking for a specific version of LAGWAFIS

Post by ascension »

Hey everyone, not sure if anyone can help or not, but I thought this might be the best place to ask.

I used to have a mp3 live SPZ recording on my old computer (which crashed) and I'm trying to find it again. It's a live recording of Ladies & Gentlemen from '98, with full band and choir section doing the "Elvis" version, and it ran 3:28. That's all the info I have, I can't remember what gig it was from or anything else. It's one of my favorite SPZ recordings and if anyone can help me find it, that would be great!
Jasonsmith
Known user

Re: Looking for a specific version of LAGWAFIS

Post by Jasonsmith »

Meltdown Festival 1 July 1998 ?
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

I thought it might be the XFM broadcast. That ahs the Elvis version of LAGWAFIS if my memory is functioning .....big if that though... :cry:
bbbhenko
Known user

Post by bbbhenko »

Could well be the Meltdown version. Probably the best live version of LAGWAFIS that I know.
ascension
Known user

Post by ascension »

I just looked into finding mp3s for the Meltdown fest, I believe this is the one, thanks!

But the mp3 I found sounds a bit different and has a glitch in the audio. I'll try and find a different recording of the same performance.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

bbbhenko wrote:Could well be the Meltdown version. Probably the best live version of LAGWAFIS that I know.
I agree! the Meltdown boot is one of my absolute faves and in particular that version of LAGWAFIS
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

ascension wrote:I just looked into finding mp3s for the Meltdown fest, I believe this is the one, thanks!

But the mp3 I found sounds a bit different and has a glitch in the audio. I'll try and find a different recording of the same performance.
If you're struggling I have a first generation BBC Radio "In Concert" CD of this show, which I could dig out and rip LAGWAFIS from...