Kraftwerk 1970

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

MODLAB
Site Admin

Kraftwerk 1970

Post by MODLAB »

Design.
semisynthetic
Known user

Re: Kraftwerk 1970

Post by semisynthetic »

Thank you for the Post; this era was a great beginning of an electronica band I have liked since hearing them; I placed the image of Side A of the Phillips LP 1 (of 2) that were released in 1970 below; I have obtained vinyl copies of everything I know of that exists when new and usually sealed, (unless they were in the Import Rack from the UK or Germany in multiple bags of plastic to protect them in earlier days) - to maintain the sound quality of those wonderful pressings.

I recall when there was once a time when FM DJs were fired for playing "Autobahn" in its totality during "drive time".

Wonderful Music, MODLAB, thanks again for the post.

Personally, I prefer to hear their recordings in German; they are "better"; just as "Ode to Joy" is better in the original German! One of the best examples is the LP "Die Mensch·Maschine"; it is a great LP, but I just enjoy it in German more. Of course that means duplicative copies, or copies from differing countries and languages, but "Dentaku", the glowing 7" Japanese Version of "Pocket Calculator", or the 12" single of "Neonlicht" - that glows in the dark - are all worth having in their various forms and releases. I suppose that is because I am such a fan of what they have done over all these years.
Attachments
KRAFTWERK LP 1 1970 label side A
KRAFTWERK LP 1 1970 label side A
KRAFTWERK LP 1 1970 label side A 500cc.jpg (76.77 KiB) Viewed 1263 times
Last edited by semisynthetic on Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Everything is a Poison; it is the amount or degree that separates one Poison from another"
Paracelsus
MODLAB
Site Admin

Re: Kraftwerk 1970

Post by MODLAB »

You're welcome.

Yes, it was a beginning of an interesting time in music when so much collided to create tones and drones never heard intros way.

Thank you for the image. I really like how the audience begins to get 'into' the music as it goes on...

Mark
Design.
semisynthetic
Known user

Re: Kraftwerk 1970 - 1981 German Bootleg

Post by semisynthetic »

This image of a German 2-LP ROIO of a Concert from 1981 is my favorite "bootleg" of Kraftwerk. The pressings are quite good, the discs are very heavy, and the vinyl of high quality, especially for a ROIO; the "sound" is all there.
I bought this in January of 1982, from one of my very favorite record stores (which is now, unfortunately, not so close).

Since I purchased the only copy they had, and it IS such a very good example, I have looked for years to find a (new) spare copy, but so far, without any luck. (I DID find a single recording in a "proper" jacket with similar artwork, but it was not from this set, and the quality is terrible - one reason I have never been all that fond of bootlegs; but since some are so VERY good, I still splurge now and then).

The "jacket" is simply a wraparound printed sheet on heavy stock. I highly recommend this set. VERY different versions of tracks that send sound "all 'bout the room", and the discs do sound great. I would imagine that those of you who live in the UK and Europe have a much better chance of finding this set, so I place the image and description here, hoping that you will get a chance to enjoy this release.
Attachments
Kraftwerk 1981 2LP ROIO Concert
Kraftwerk 1981 2LP ROIO Concert
Kraftwerk 1981 2LP ROIO Concert 500cc.jpg (101.53 KiB) Viewed 1125 times
"Everything is a Poison; it is the amount or degree that separates one Poison from another"
Paracelsus