Primal Scream - 'Chaosmosis' [2016]

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Holy shit!!!

Next year is gonna be another golden year when my two favourite contemporary rock and roll bands release amazing records:

Literally just received this email:

CHAOSMOSIS IS COMING

Primal Scream are back with their brand new album CHAOSMOSIS, released March 18th 2016!

CD, LP, limited edition Picture Discs and exclusive t-shirts and slip mats are available.

Click here to visit the official store to pre-order your copy.

Watch a teaser of CHAOSMOSIS

LIVE NEWS

Primal Scream perform 4 shows in the UK in Spring 2016.

Pre sale tickets will be available at 9am UK time on Wednesday 9th December. As part of the Primal Scream mailing list, you will automatically be sent a link to access this.

To ensure your friends also receive pre sale access, make sure they join the official mailing list here no later than 4pm UK time Tuesday 8th December.

General sale tickets are available at 9am Friday 11th December.

29.03 Aberdeen, Beach Ballroom
30.03 Glasgow, ABC
01.04 London, Palladium
02.04 Manchester, Albert Hall
Primal Scream are headlining a series of festivals - tickets are available NOW!

28.05 Common People, Southampton Common, Southampton
29.05 Common People, South Park, Oxford
24.07 Secret Garden Party
13.08 Down To The Woods Festival (Sedgefield, Nr Durham)

PRIMALSCREAM.NET

I haven't even gotten around to my write up of the incredible (and completely underrated) More Light...

Proper link when I'm at home near a computer this is via phone.

Fuck me!!!

they're playing the local Beach Ballroom! I was last there approx 1998 for an awesome ceilidh...

Night made after a really long series of straight shifts....
O P 8
TheWarmth
Known user

Re: Primal Scream - 'Chaosmosis' [2016]

Post by TheWarmth »

I was just going to post this news. I'm psyched for the album, too. Will check out the teaser this evening when I'm home.

Not sure why Bobby feels the need to be featured by himself on the sleeves these days, though. Seems like a weird move, as the Scream are very much a band and not a solo project. I get that he's the face of the group and the lead singer, but still.
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Cheers for the tip Bza, will get onto this, fancy seeing the `Scream at the ABC , not seen Robert Gillespie since Beautiful Future, time to check in again I think,
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

niamhm wrote:Not seen Josh Gillespie since Beautiful Future, time to check in again I think,

Hahaha!

I went tinkering under the bonnet of this forum a few weeks back and realized there was still a word censorship function - I just had to see if it worked!

What really struck me was that Angelsighs realized within 15 minutes somebody had fucked with the matrix here!

Ostensibly I had gone to edit the number of PMs you can store in your forum inbox and save folders: I doubled the storage to 200 messages per folder, simply as I was having to delete messages I probably didn't even respond to properly at the time...
O P 8
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

O P 8
burningwheel
Known user

Post by burningwheel »

[url=http://www.loveisforever.org]Primal Scream, My Bloody Valentine, Swervedriver, Chapterhouse, The Telescopes, Loop, Verve and more![/url]
burningwheel
Known user

Post by burningwheel »

Also, why use a pic from 94!
[url=http://www.loveisforever.org]Primal Scream, My Bloody Valentine, Swervedriver, Chapterhouse, The Telescopes, Loop, Verve and more![/url]
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

I have this strange feeling this will be very very very very good.

Can't wait!
Design.
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

For some reason this news is really exciting me since reading it late last night. Maybe it's the unexpected nature of it, the extremely brief teaser video, the use of a very old pic of Bobby on the cover (it's not a great cover is it, terrible in fact, kind of reminds me of the old TV test card http://625.uk.com/tv_logos/flash/tcf_4_bbc2.asp). I've not really been bothered by them for years now, hence the weird excitement now. Loved More Light for an initial burst but then never played it again much after that. Chaosmosis (is that a good/bad title? I can't quite tell) has the potential to be very interesting. Just googled the word and found this http://autonomousuniversity.org/sites/d ... tivity.pdf which could give an insight into Bobby's reading habits of late. "Guttari basically says art is an aesthetical production of new forms of subjectivity, and subjectivity is always pre-individual. the Subject is always a collective, an interesting thought".

The song titles are pretty good:

1. Trippin’ On Your Love
2. (Feeling Like A) Demon Again
3. I Can Change
4. 100% Or Nothing
5. Private Wars
6. Where The Light Gets In
7. When The Blackout Meets The Fallout
8. Carnival Of Fools
9. Golden Rope
10. Autumn In Paradise

I'll probably try for London Palladium tickets tomorrow, never been there before. Strange they'd choose an all seated venue when they're all about getting people up and dancing. Jeez, they're not cheap! http://www.seetickets.com/event/primal- ... ium/936278
Last edited by johnnyboy on Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

burningwheel wrote:Also, why use a pic from 94!
It's from 92, when they won the Mercury Prize for Screamadelica http://www.mercuryprize.com/aoty/shortl ... ?Year=1992 . Odd choice for an album photo.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

johnnyboy wrote:It's from 92, when they won the Mercury Prize for Screamadelica http://www.mercuryprize.com/aoty/shortl ... ?Year=1992 . Odd choice for an album photo.
I guess its a reference to when they last did anything of any merit :wink: :lol:
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

I logged into my computer when I got home specifically to check out the teaser video. Six fucking seconds. ANNOYING!!!! No idea why they wouldn't just stream the first single.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

That really was a "teaser" wasn't it...

Anyway, stoked, at work but managed to snag a couple of tickets for the Aberdeen Beach Ballroom gig. Reduction bundle thing means I've preordered the vinyl and cd edition of CHAOSMOSIS too...
O P 8
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Unexpected but welcome news :D

I'm with johnnyboy on this, is it a shit or good title? Looks alright but doesn't roll off the tongue easily. Definitely a shit cover though.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

Tickets for London + the vinyl package.
Design.
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Pleased to get a couple a tickets for the Glasgow ABC show, next year shaping up nicely. 8)
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

I clicked on the link for London tickets but baulked at the prospect of paying £40+fees to see them, so left it alone. What makes it worth that much, the venue, the band?? Upper levels were cheaper but even so. It's an all seated venue too which kind of sucks. I saw them on the Screamadadelica but other than that not seen them on an album tour since the Riot City Blues era, which was around the time I'd begun to lose interest. More Light had me kind of interested again, here's hoping Chaosmosis is another step up. Always a gamble post-XTRMNTR years.
rameses
Known user

Post by rameses »

It's nice to be liked,
But it's better by far to get paid.
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

All pre-sale tickets are sold.
Design.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Another new tune: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amEtwwA30BA

Up to the mods of course but maybe we should merge the 'Where The Light... 'thread with this? New album drops on Friday I expect it'll be a busy thread for a little while.
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

sunray wrote:Another new tune: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amEtwwA30BA

Up to the mods of course but maybe we should merge the 'Where The Light... 'thread with this? New album drops on Friday I expect it'll be a busy thread for a little while.
I really didn't like Where The Light Gets In but I'm loving this new track I Can Change. Really nice simple vibe to it with a cool summery flute. Very pleasantly surprised. Reminds me of the vibe Goodbye Johnny had on the last album. They should do more stuff like this.
stegraham
Known user

Post by stegraham »

Yes, I agree, nice little tune that.
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

I agree too. Good vibe to it.
Design.
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

I haven't listened to the new track yet, but the album comes out on Friday and I've got it on preorder. It's cheap via Amazon for US buyers. $17 or so. Hope it arrives on the day of release.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

XXXX SPOILER ALERT XXXXX

Just been listening to it; some will love it, others hate it and some will be indifferent. I probably fall into the latter.

The opener 'Trippin' On Yor Love' acts like 'It's Alright It's Ok' in that it seems like an attempt to evoke the Screamadelica era but doesn't quite get there. Reminds me of Happy Mondays circa 'Pills n Thrills.'
A few slower paced tunes, which are inoffensive, and some pop stuff follow....
then 'Where The Light...' which i've decided I just don't like, it reminds me of Futureislands or some other shite that gets played constantly on 'alternative' radio.

There are two standout tracks for me but they are not outstanding: 'When The Blackout Meets The Fallout' and 'Golden Rope'. Both are the closest there is to VP/X/EH on the album but the production is a bit naff.

It's not a bad album but there's very little to get excited about either. I reckon they might lose all but the most loyal fans with this one (if they haven't already).

Obviously it's only my first listen and it might grow on me the way Beautiful Future did but it's only its brevity (under 40 mins.) that will have me returning to it over the next few days :roll:
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

On my 3rd listen. I really enjoy it, it has a really nice electroxotica feel to it. Going to be a nice album to play during those sunny late summer evenings.

M
Design.
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

Quite a few very average 3 out of 5 or 6 out of 10 type reviews doing the rounds for it, seen a couple of scathing ones, but none so far that really rate it beyond an "at least it's better than Beautiful Future' type affair. Such a frustrating band since XTMNTR and Evil Heat. I usually buy their albums as a matter of course but will hold off until I hear it online somewhere first. I do love I Can Change but hate Where The Light Gets In as it's just a New Order-esque pop pastiche that sounds forced to me.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

My vinyl copy just arrived... Nice one.

Unlike the professional critics (as Johnny mentions above) I'll be playing this at least the once before any judgement is made.

Even if The Scream have made a straight-up pop album there's always going to be layers to it, and a rare depth that most don't get near to.

I'm still absorbing their last album - that was amazing. Only a few months ago I began playing the second disc which is like an album in itself...
O P 8
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Ill as hell over the last few days, but playing this album at last works a thousand times better than the paracetamol and ibufrofen combo I've been eating in the last 72 hours.

'Trippin' On Your Love' - fucking hell, what an opening track.
O P 8
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Also - I was I initially disappointed the vinyl didn't arrive with a download code.

That is until a CD copy slid out of the sleeve...
O P 8
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

BzaInSpace wrote:Also - I was I initially disappointed the vinyl didn't arrive with a download code.

That is until a CD copy slid out of the sleeve...

Same with me... DOH! Enjoy it BZA... It's a special album to me.
Design.
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

So far I am digging this. Can't wait for a headphone listen. I do think the Beautiful Future comparison is accurate, but the songs on this one are stronger overall. "Private Wars" is wonderful.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Interesting. Three positive responses so far, all from massive Scream fans. I too would class myself as a massive fan but so far I think this is the worst thing they've done since the 80s.

The best I can see myself ranking it is on a par with Beautiful Future, but no higher.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

sunray wrote:Interesting. Three positive responses so far, all from massive Scream fans. I too would class myself as a massive fan but so far I think this is the worst thing they've done since the 80s.

The best I can see myself ranking it is on a par with Beautiful Future, but no higher.
Yeah, but I reckon if Bobby G recorded his shit flushing down a toilet BZA would still love it :wink:

All joking aside, after seeing Primal Scream headline Festival No.6 a few years ago and played a load of (what was then) new material (probably "More Light" era?) I vowed not to bother with them anymore. The tunes I've heard since the days of Xtrmntr just seem so watered-down and insipid. There's so much stuff I'm into these days that I just don't have the listening-time to waste on a band that are so clearly 10-15 years past their sell-by-date.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Shinesalight wrote: Yeah, but I reckon if Bobby G recorded his shit flushing down a toilet BZA would still love it :wink:
Well, yeah. Especially if the B-side was Jason pissing in a bucket. I've just always been too polite to make such a post on a public forum. Doh!! :wink:
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

sunray wrote:Well, yeah. Especially if the B-side was Jason pissing in a bucket. I've just always been too polite to make such a post on a public forum. Doh!! :wink:
A few of my friends said that about me when I played them Guitar Loops! :lol: :wink: :roll:
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

I played it 3/4 times yesterday, enjoying it , and after my dinner, and a few more refreshments will be blasting it out later, hard to make a judgement this early,

I will say I`m disappointed Gillespie never signed my cd though :lol:
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

Chaosmosis is easily better than Beautiful Future. IMO, there are no absolute duds here, whereas BF has at least three (Zombie Man, Over & Over and I Love To Be Hurt ... all pretty terrible).
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

I'm firmly in the liking it club too, much better than I expected. I bought it on cd yesterday, not wanting to splash out on vinyl just in case it was a dud. Stuck it on, sat down with the case and lyrics and what not. Trippin is pure cheese but lovely cheese, put a smile on my chops stright away, even if it is a bit baggy-lite. I pretty much love all the first side, touches of New Order and 80's synth sounds, I Can Change and Private Wars are lovely. I didn't like WTLGI when it came out but sounds better here. Not liking the Blackout song much yet, too much of an unnecessary throwback to the Evil Heat sound, which isn't needed here, stick to the new direction. Carnival is alright and the last two are brilliant. I'm a fan of it overall. Production, style and sound is refreshing and there's a lightness to it that clicks with me and it puts me in a good mood. Even his lyrics, a usual downfall, are really good here, makes a change. Much better than Beautiful Future. I really love the bulk of More Light but there are some clangers on it. Chaosmosis is pretty concise length wise, they've done good I reckon. Being sober and happy suits him, and this sound suits a sober and happy me too. Time will tell if the initial sugar rush wears off though as I have sneaky feeling some it may irritate after a while, but who knows.
Last edited by johnnyboy on Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

When will I ever learn?
So many opinions I trust chimed in here I wound up buying the CD today.
Got home popped it on and hated it until I couldn't take it anymore and took it off.
I think have I probably bought every Primal Scream record yet I still only play Screamadelica and the one with Country Girl on it.
Anyone need a Cd of the new one cheap?
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

Riot City Blues? Ugh. Probably my least favorite Scream record. The songs on this album are fucking great. They're not heavy, which is what it seems like a lot of people desperately want, despite receiving just that on the last album. Oh well, I like it a lot.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

I also liked More Light. Actually that companion CD with the remixes even more.
I guess we are polar opposites when it come to Primal Scream.
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

Well, not really, because I really like More Light and the bonus cd, too. I figured you didn't because you said the only two you listen to are Screamadelica and Riot City Blues.
beaker73
Known user

Post by beaker73 »

Not too excited by the new album, even after multiple listens. But this news though made my heart jump a bit:
http://www.creation-records.com/primal- ... -on-vinyl/
"I've been drinking all night long, but my hands are steady"
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

This thread is like every fucking Primal Scream thread ever posted here with each new album - it's beyond cliche now.

Amazed at anyone who can absorb this stuff - no matter how short and and concise a record it may be - after a cursory listen or two, and not even that in some cases.

You guys should work for what remains of the music press...

Whatever, I think it's another great record in an incredible discography (is this really their 11th album?)

I'll be high and happy down the front in a small Ballroom this time next week, won't be thinking at all of those content looking (and apparently not really listening) at their special coloured vinyl edition albums by supposedly "psychedelic" bands who are infinitely more reductive and bland and saying nothing at all than The Scream will ever be.

Just my opinion.
O P 8
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

Well I like the new album, and I also like buying and playing coloured vinyl by some modern psychedelic bands too. I don't know where that puts me in this now slightly amusing thread.

I love GOBDGU but haven't gone nuts listening to everyone slag it off over the years.

Who gives an owls hoot what others think.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

johnnyboy wrote:
Last time I checked this was a place one could express their opinion of something.
That is all it is, my opinion. Please disregard it if you want.
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

spzretent wrote: Last time I checked this was a place one could express their opinion of something.
That is all it is, my opinion. Please disregard it if you want.
You read it the wrong way amigo. What I meant was that if someone likes a record and someone else doesn't then why let that persons opinion affect you or wind you up, just enjoy the record because, afterall, you really like it. I can happily read peoples opinions of a record I dig, some may like it, and write nice pretty things about it, and some may hate it, and write negative things about it. C'est la vie, I still like the record. Hence, who gives an owls hoot what others think.

Simple really.

If you don't dig that, or don't understand where I'm coming from, then please disregard it, it's no sweat.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

johnnyboy wrote:
I love GOBDGU but haven't gone nuts listening to everyone slag it off over the years.

Now yer talking...

I really, really love that album yet I've very rarely heard any kind words about it all. There's times in my life where I would easily rank that one as one of their very best - I must have played it as much as its predecessor and for me it's just as good.

I would happily put it up there with the all-time greats.

I get the whole "who cares what anyone else thinks" thing but for me a massive part of the whole loving music thing is turning on other people to stuff I love.
O P 8
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

Just to expand a little bit on my enjoyment of the album, some of the songs here take some really interesting, unexpected twists and turns. "Carnival of Fools," for example, has a great breakdown section that comes out of nowhere. "Autumn In Paradise" does something similar. Bobby delivers some particularly soulful performances on "I Can Change" and "Private Wars," which is one of their most beautiful, aching ballads ever. I think these songs are exceptionally well written. I was nervous at first with "Tripping On Your Love" being the opening track. It is very much a throwback to "Movin' On Up" and the lyrics are the goofiest on the album, but it does have a nice vibe and I certainly can't say I dislike it (though I couldn't fault anyone for not digging it). The rest of the album, though, is pretty faultless. Every song is a winner. I also appreciate the fact that they avoided pointless instrumental meandering which they've frequently done in the past, even on their best albums.
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

I just listened to the vinyl last night. I must say this album is up there with one of their best. Paul, I totally agree with what you are saying with the twists and turns. Some really nice sonic stuff in the background.

Yep! This album is a winner!

Make yourself a nice G&T and have another listen.

M
Design.
The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

“You're not Dostoevsky,' said the citizeness

'Well, who knows, who knows,' he replied.

'Dostoevsky's dead,' said the citizeness, but somehow not very confidently.

'I protest!' Behemoth exclaimed hotly. 'Dostoevsky is immortal!”
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

johnnyboy wrote:
You read it the wrong way amigo. What I meant was that if someone likes a record and someone else doesn't then why let that persons opinion affect you or wind you up, just enjoy the record because, afterall, you really like it. I can happily read peoples opinions of a record I dig, some may like it, and write nice pretty things about it, and some may hate it, and write negative things about it. C'est la vie, I still like the record. Hence, who gives an owls hoot what others think.
That was not aimed at you.
My major issue with this record is it starts ok and then morphs into a bad New Order record. Strictly my opinion mind you.
Believe me, I am trying. This is the third time thru this CD.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

BzaInSpace wrote:This thread is like every fucking Primal Scream thread ever posted here with each new album - it's beyond cliche now.

Amazed at anyone who can absorb this stuff - no matter how short and and concise a record it may be - after a cursory listen or two, and not even that in some cases.

You guys should work for what remains of the music press...

Whatever, I think it's another great record in an incredible discography (is this really their 11th album?)

I'll be high and happy down the front in a small Ballroom this time next week, won't be thinking at all of those content looking (and apparently not really listening) at their special coloured vinyl edition albums by supposedly "psychedelic" bands who are infinitely more reductive and bland and saying nothing at all than The Scream will ever be.

Just my opinion.
Touche. Some fair points, though a tad bloody touchy. I was only trying to make a light joke but there you go. But then again its not exactly the first time you've come out all guns blazing when someone dares to knock the Scream or Spiritualized. Oh, and I'm sorry my non-psychedelic coloured vinyl irks you so. :roll:
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
mc
Known user

Post by mc »

Christ, this place really does get touchy at times, and it's usually when the likes of the Scream or The Verve are mentioned. Personally, I hate this "don't talk down music you don't like" attitude that flies around at times. So what if x hates what y likes or vice versa? There's a ton of shite out there, and a ton of good stuff; it's all worth talking about, and nobody should be censured for expressing distaste for something, or told they're "not really listening" or whatever. Sacred cows are there to be slayed. "We know that music is music", as Mr Gillespie has sampled in the past, and I take that as the individual in "we". Me? For the record, and apropos this discussion, I love(d) (and rarely revisit) Screamadelica, Vanishing Point and XTRMNTR, yet actively hate The Scream's output this last decade or so. But so what? It don't stop other folk from loving it, and that's what's important: YOU. For example, I love Meat Loaf a thousand times more than Primal Scream and most modern psych or otherwise bands, and I couldn't care less what any one of youse lot thinks about that. I don't even like Sweet Heart Sweet Light very much ;) But seriously: chill out, folks. Worse shit happens at sea.
Last edited by mc on Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:29 am, edited 4 times in total.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

This would be a very boring place if everyone agreed on everything.
I never "got" The Heads. Talking Heads? Yes please. Plain ol' Heads of Bristol? Nope.
There you go. What do you English folk say? I'll get me coat.....
mc
Known user

Post by mc »

spzretent wrote:This would be a very boring place if everyone agreed on everything.
I never "got" The Heads. There you go.
Me neither! :)

I love that folk disagree on things. What I don't like is posts that imply someone is stupid, ill-informed, not listening properly etc for expressing distaste about a band or album. It makes me a sad panda.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

After my third listen of Chaosmosis at the weekend I had to immediately play Live In Japan to give my ears a good clean. I have listend to it once more since then but for now I am setting it aside 'til the summer.
At the moment life is too short and i'm too busy to be persevering with an album that is giving me frustration rather than pleasure.
rameses
Known user

Post by rameses »

MODLAB wrote:

Make yourself a nice G&T and have another listen.

M
Now there's a good idea.
It's nice to be liked,
But it's better by far to get paid.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

I do think Primal Scream are a very inconsistent band who only seem to stumble across greatness very occasionally, and usually with the help of others.

they have done some stunning tracks- things like Higher Than The Sun that are totally unclassifiable and unique.

XTRMNTR and Screamadelica are great, with the rest you have to pick out the highlights from the rest.

sometimes you don't need that many listens to something, sometimes there's not that many layers to scratch and you know it's not gonna improve :) as people said above, with so much great music out there at the moment, why bother?
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

I actually think Vanishing Point is their best album. Screamadelica, VP and XTRMNTR are all classics in my book. Way too early to call it on any of the more recent material, but I think very highly of More Light and, as I've said, I am quite fond of the new one.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Shinesalight wrote:
Amazed at anyone who can absorb this stuff - no matter how short and and concise a record it may be - after a cursory liste

Touche. Some fair points, though a tad bloody touchy. I was only trying to make a light joke but there you go. But then again its not exactly the first time you've come out all guns blazing when someone dares to knock the Scream or Spiritualized. Oh, and I'm sorry my non-psychedelic coloured vinyl irks you so. :roll:
I have to say your "joke" was bit harsh, more as it indicated my tastes were suspect or completely non-existent.

I couldn't give a fuck what people write about with regards to The Scream or otherwise - it amuses me the hatred they gather, but so what? Shame it happens so regularly on an otherwise accepting and passionate place for people into music, but hey.

LIke I said it's always been like this, forever and probably always will be. Won't stop me being excited about the records and the gigs and posting on here regarding them.

I have no concern about vinyl (coloured or not, nor yours or anyone elses) but a little bit more on the music on the records and a little bit less on the "Strontium egg-shell candy-cane-laced hyacincth limited swirl edition" stuff would be welcome.

That's not aimed at you per se by the way, more the last dying gasps of the physical record industry...
O P 8
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

BzaInSpace wrote:I have to say your "joke" was bit harsh, more as it indicated my tastes were suspect or completely non-existent.
I wasn't doubting your musical tastes for one second, just perhaps that you may have a (blind) allegiance/loyalty to the Scream; the same as what you may say I have towards the modern psych movement.
BzainSpace wrote:I couldn't give a fuck what people write about with regards to The Scream or otherwise - it amuses me the hatred they gather, but so what? Shame it happens so regularly on an otherwise accepting and passionate place for people into music, but hey.
Really??? For someone who doesn't give a fuck what people say, you sure do a mean impression of someone throwing their toys out the pram when the Scream are dissed.
BzainSpace wrote:I have no concern about vinyl (coloured or not, nor yours or anyone elses) but a little bit more on the music on the records and a little bit less on the "Strontium egg-shell candy-cane-laced hyacincth limited swirl edition" stuff would be welcome.

That's not aimed at you per se by the way, more the last dying gasps of the physical record industry...
Not sure if its the last gasps of the record industry quite yet, what with vinyl sales at a 21 year record high. Yeah, it may just be a 5 minute wonder but surely the fact that more and more people are turning back to a physical format of music is a good thing right? Forget all the hipsters and bandwagon jumpers (you could include me in that I guess seeing as I only got back into vinyl about 4 years ago), vinyl buyers are a passionate and (still) important part of the record industry. The bands I follow and am into and those that I have the privilege of dealing with through my record label really appreciate the fans buying the vinyl product from their merch stalls and Bandcamp pages. They certainly wouldn't get by on downloads alone if that is what you are wishing for.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Primal Scream live tomorrow night.

Can't wait!
O P 8
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

BzaInSpace wrote:Primal Scream live tomorrow night.

Can't wait!
Be hoping for a bit Golden Rope then? Some tune that one, enjoy the gig, I`m going Wednesday to the Glasgow show,
heisenberg
Known user

Post by heisenberg »

Hope you both enjoy the shows! Let us know how they go.