Daft Punk Unchained Documentary ...

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

mojo filters
Known user

Re: Daft Punk Unchained Documentary ...

Post by mojo filters »

Am watching it now. When I heard that riff I wasn't sure if it would turn into Evie Sands or Spectrum. Quite a cool cover - wish we'd heard more of it.

Lots of other cool music, haven't heard Positive Education for years. Also didn't realise they were on Soma before Da Funk came out.

Lots of nice memories, but makes me feel old.
I'm like Evel Knievel, I get paid for the attempt. I didn't promise this shit would be good!
Dave Chappelle
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Wow! This sounds like a really interesting doc, and yeah Glasgow loves them.

Their last album is still one of the best things I've heard in years, beautifully recorded and executed: like a bizarre collision between LGM, Prince and Miles Davis circa 1970.

'Get Lucky' remains the pop classic that keeps on giving!

The Robots: lots of love from the frozen north x
O P 8
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

Their first three singles were all on Soma. I've got The New Wave, Da Funk, both on Soma 12's and then there was the Indigo Silver Club too. I love their early releases and the Homework album, saw them DJ and play live a couple of times before the robot helmets became a thing. After that they're a bit hit and miss for me, love the track Robot Rock though, and saw them headline a Wireless gig in 2007 which was absolutely incredible. Must admit that the new stuff doesn't really do anything for me. I recorded this doc on Friday so will enjoy a nice trip down memory lane.

Positive Education though, hubba hubba! That and the B Side "In-Ten-Cities" make it one of my favourite 12's from that era.