FYI — Levitation Fest Cancelled Due To Weather

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

MODLAB
Site Admin

FYI — Levitation Fest Cancelled Due To Weather

Post by MODLAB »

Design.
angelsighs
Known user

Re: FYI — Levitation Fest Cancelled Due To Weather

Post by angelsighs »

really gutted for all the bands and fans.

this could possibly mean trouble for them in the future? if fans perceive a risk of this happening again (is the weather often like this in Austin this time of year?) they could be wary to buy tickets.
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

Yeah, me too.

I really hope they have good coverage on their insurance. It could turn into a nasty battle.

:(
Design.
semisynthetic
Known user

Post by semisynthetic »

It is too bad that the Musical Festival was cancelled; but the severity of these storms have been affecting where I live, many hundreds of miles away; but it IS Spring, and heavy rains are expected. Whoever planned this Festival, planned it a little too early, even for that part of Texas. It makes no sense to me; Late May would have made more sense if the idea was to "beat the Heat" of early Summer, but it is the Weather, and Nature always wins.

I feel badly for all the people who lost much more than a Festival; but you are right, the litigiously prone will likely want to sue. The thing is, it will probably be deemed "an act of God" and thrown out for safeties sake. I say "late May would have been better", but Tornado season will still be on. I would have liked to had gone to this Festival, though; it is too bad. Texas is a fun place to Party-Rama; lots of space.
"Everything is a Poison; it is the amount or degree that separates one Poison from another"
Paracelsus
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

Did you see the footage of the New Orleans Jazz Festival. Knee deep in water! It looked awful!
I don't know about beating the heat in Austin by doing it early, I was there a few years back in March and it was seriously hot.

Real shame to see the festival cancelled. Nice to see some shows still going ahead around the city but I always a little confused about these things, do fans have to pay again to see bands they've already paid to see?
http://www.soundcloud.com/haarlemriots
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

yeah they did have to pay again, but I think the ticket prices were pretty cheap.

wouldn't it have been better to perhaps have free tickets, and anyone with a festival ticket gets first dibs on it?