Britta Phillips - Luck or Magic

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

toomilk
Known user

Britta Phillips - Luck or Magic

Post by toomilk »

Anyone else get Britta's new album? I played it late Saturday night. Perfect blissful music to end a strange, but fun night. I'm really enjoying it.
“After years of collaborating with Dean Wareham in both Luna and in Dean & Britta, Britta Phillips has at last ventured on her own for her debut album, right with the gossamer, exotic melodies so synonymous with Phillips’ other musical projects. But Luck or Magic allows Phillips to shine, exhibiting that beyond being a fine vocalist and instrumentalist, she’s also a superb songwriter.” (John Everhart) – AV CLUB album review
stegraham
Known user

Re: Britta Phillips - Luck or Magic

Post by stegraham »

Post man (or women, I guess!) tried to deliver it yesterday, but because - for some reason - it needed a signature, they dropped a card though my door telling me to come and pick it up from the PO. Will pick it up on the way home and give it a few spins tonight. Really looking forward to it - I've avoided all the tracks Britta's been posting on her pledgemusic site. I see she's "supporting" Luna for some gigs, and the rest of Luna are her backing band.

Ste
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

I've got it. Good stuff. Really wonderful vocals and crazy awesome bass tones. Overall a very pleasing record. I do wish there were a few more originals. At the very least, the cover of "Landslide" could have been replaced with a more interesting choice.
stegraham
Known user

Post by stegraham »

Great album! Lovely vibe. I especially like the final track on the record - Ingrid Superstar - it's a bit different and nice and dreamy. Hope the album sells just as well as the two Dean ones.

Ste
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

Loving This.
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Really enjoy this album and love hearing covers from the Luna lot, always good versions.