which would you rather?

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

would you rather...

more special projects such as silent sound, b-one etc
No votes
a tour
11%
a new album
89%

Total votes: 9

The Dr
Known user

which would you rather?

Post by The Dr »

ok, so it has been a while since there was last an album but in that time there have been special 'one-of' projects so...
“You're not Dostoevsky,' said the citizeness

'Well, who knows, who knows,' he replied.

'Dostoevsky's dead,' said the citizeness, but somehow not very confidently.

'I protest!' Behemoth exclaimed hotly. 'Dostoevsky is immortal!”
Laz69
Known user

Re: which would you rather?

Post by Laz69 »

I've been rather underwhelmed with the last few albums so i'm really rather hesitant about the next one, however, i would LOVE to see them play live again as i do believe they can still put on a good show and i think a lot of the newer songs sound so much better when they get a chance to breathe live...
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

so I assume that in your hypothetical dilemma, a new album wouldn't necessarily have a tour behind it?

I would choose a new album. the side projects are usually cool and interesting, and the live shows are often stunning.. but interested to hear what Jason has up his sleeve. he takes so long to make albums! I can't imagine what it must have been like to have Lazer Guided Melodies, Pure Phase and Ladies and Gentlemen in a short few years!!
heisenberg
Known user

Post by heisenberg »

The wait for the new album is now catching up with the longest period between two Spiritualized albums (Amazing Grace and Songs in A + E released nearly five years apart).

I'm interested to hear what the new album will sound like. I recently listened to some recordings of the live shows containing several of the new songs. It makes me wonder if they will all make the new album, and makes me ponder what stuff we haven't yet heard. I'm particularly interested to see what they do with 'A Song'. This song sounds absolutely ferocious on all versions I've heard and to my ears breaks some new ground for the band. I'm curious as to how they'll approach a studio version.

All in all, it just makes me long for a new album even more. My guess is we don't get it until at least early 2017, though.
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

Yes, we're probably looking at 2017, unless an announcement comes within the next couple of months, which is certainly possible.