New Thee Oh Sees

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

johnnyboy
Known user

New Thee Oh Sees

Post by johnnyboy »

Fanboy ramble........

New Thee Oh Sees track The Axis is out and about on the webosphere now and it's pretty bloody good. Mellow, epic and then at 4:30 an amazing lysergic distorted guitar kicks in to the end, which is giving me goosebumps and a man-tear to the eye for some reason. His voice isn't as high on this one, different style going on all round. Really loving it http://www.thefader.com/2016/07/11/thee ... xis-stream

The one before was cracking too, Plastic Plant https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HcnEOebdsg.

All bodes well for the album A Weird Exits out on 12th Aug. Seeing them at the Coronet the start of Sept with The Blind Shake in support.

Yep, love Thee Oh Sees. A lot.
simonkeeping
Known user

Re: New Thee Oh Sees

Post by simonkeeping »

Thanks so much for posting this Johnnyboy.

It's amazing - That solo is both beautiful and fucked up in equal measure. Wow!
See you at the show in September. Thanks God for Thee Oh Sees
http://www.soundcloud.com/haarlemriots
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

simonkeeping wrote:Thanks so much for posting this Johnnyboy.

It's amazing - That solo is both beautiful and fucked up in equal measure. Wow!
See you at the show in September. Thanks God for Thee Oh Sees
Glad you dig it Simon. It really is such a great track. I played it over and over at work yesterday and each time it made me well up a bit. The start of the solo really reminds me of something else, from the sixties, possibly a Skip Spence track actually, where it just hits from nowhere, really stinging and beautiful.

I was playing The Blind Shake a fair bit yesterday as well, who're supporting at the Coronet. Really good stuff, should be wild live. Would be cool to say hi at the gig.
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

[/quote]
The start of the solo really reminds me of something else, from the sixties, possibly a Skip Spence track actually, where it just hits from nowhere, really stinging and beautiful.

Would be cool to say hi at the gig.[/quote]

Yeah totally agree, that solo reminds me of something but I can't think what it is? It really is immense. I love the way it dorwns everything else out.

Definitely, I need to get some tickets sorted but would be great to have a chat and put a face to a name.
http://www.soundcloud.com/haarlemriots
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

simonkeeping wrote:
The start of the solo really reminds me of something else, from the sixties, possibly a Skip Spence track actually, where it just hits from nowhere, really stinging and beautiful.

Would be cool to say hi at the gig.[/quote]

Yeah totally agree, that solo reminds me of something but I can't think what it is? It really is immense. I love the way it dorwns everything else out.

Definitely, I need to get some tickets sorted but would be great to have a chat and put a face to a name.[/quote]

Don't leave it too long, according to the Castle Face FB page there are only a few tickets left. Could well be a nice selling tactic but the Coronet only holds 600 so could well be true. Will be one sweaty night of mayhem for sure.
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Thumbs up for both tracks sounds really good, do I detect a slight prog influence creeping in?
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

niamhm wrote:Thumbs up for both tracks sounds really good, do I detect a slight prog influence creeping in?
Yeah, I'd agree with that detection. It's that organ and epic thang going on.