Let It Come Down slow version?

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

heisenberg
Known user

Let It Come Down slow version?

Post by heisenberg »

I recently saw a guy on Facebook requested a link to a 'slow version' of LICD, which he says was on youtube but has since been taken down. Has anyone heard of a slow version of LICD? His post had no replies, so I could not obtain any more info.

Is it possible that it was one of those videos where someone has slowed down the audio multiple times over, and a normally five-minute song might last half an hour? Or are there some bootleg mixes going around? Any ideas?
mh
Known user

Re: Let It Come Down slow version?

Post by mh »

Maybe they mean this version of Do It All Over Again? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG2-ZhzwyDE
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

yeah this is news to me. I think we would have heard about an alternate version of LICD by now. it's not the sort of album to have an alt mix I don't think.

I do think an instrumental version of this album would be pretty cool. some of the B sides of the time were instrumental versions. bit of a lazy way to do a B side but the songs had a bit more space without vocals and it was nice to sing along :)
The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

angelsighs wrote:yeah this is news to me. I think we would have heard about an alternate version of LICD by now. it's not the sort of album to have an alt mix I don't think.

I do think an instrumental version of this album would be pretty cool. some of the B sides of the time were instrumental versions. bit of a lazy way to do a B side but the songs had a bit more space without vocals and it was nice to sing along :)

let it come down- the karaoke mix
“You're not Dostoevsky,' said the citizeness

'Well, who knows, who knows,' he replied.

'Dostoevsky's dead,' said the citizeness, but somehow not very confidently.

'I protest!' Behemoth exclaimed hotly. 'Dostoevsky is immortal!”
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Or is it the Amazing Grace "EP"?
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

The Dr wrote:let it come down- the karaoke mix
all together now.. "the trouble with the straight and the narrowww.."
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

Lay it down slow.

On me.

By PM please??
gonna burn brightly
for a while
mojo filters
Known user

Post by mojo filters »

angelsighs wrote:yeah this is news to me. I think we would have heard about an alternate version of LICD by now. it's not the sort of album to have an alt mix I don't think.

I agree that an instrumental version would be cool.

By chance I listened to a random live gig from 1998 recently. They opened with a beautiful slightly slower and less bombastic version of Stop Your Crying, which I'm not sure I'd heard before. There was loads of lovely piano, which I assume was Thighpaulsandra - but certainly didn't have any hint of his Jools Holland-esque honky-tonky plinky-plonking, that ruins some of the live RAH album from that same period for me!
I'm like Evel Knievel, I get paid for the attempt. I didn't promise this shit would be good!
Dave Chappelle
The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

mojo filters wrote: By chance I listened to a random live gig from 1998 recently. They opened with a beautiful slightly slower and less bombastic version of Stop Your Crying, which I'm not sure I'd heard before. There was loads of lovely piano, which I assume was Thighpaulsandra - but certainly didn't have any hint of his Jools Holland-esque honky-tonky plinky-plonking, that ruins some of the live RAH album from that same period for me!
which boot was this? sounds wonderful!

mojo filters
Known user

Post by mojo filters »

It's just on my old (mechanical HD) iPod, labelled Live Glasgow 98, if that helps.

If I didn't download it directly from this place, it was sent to me via the old familiar sharing network. Currently it's only on my ancient iPod, which has a load of Spz (and other) live material I don't have archived anywhere.

Just like the nails I assume they custom made to prevent consumer access to Steve Job's coffin - it will no longer be accessible when the iPod expires, and I'll lose all that good music forever.
I'm like Evel Knievel, I get paid for the attempt. I didn't promise this shit would be good!
Dave Chappelle
The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

seems you will be able to access them from a quick google search. can you not back up your files for surely that day will come?

i think this is the show

Stop Your Crying
Shine A Light (Cool Rush)
Electric Mainline
Electricity
Home Of The Brave
Sway
200 Bars
No God Only Religion
Broken Heart
Come Together
I Think I'm In Love
Cop Shoot Cop

and was uploaded by dreamweapon, so if you are still out there somewhere....(to break into the song from an american tale- smewhere out thereeeeee) :)

angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

I love it when they opened the sets with Stop Your Crying, then bang into the noise!

could the set people are referring to above be T in the Park? it's an audience recording, not particularly good quality but can still tell it's a great show.

one other cool thing they did at the time was seguing The Individual into a really slow and dubby version of Sway, which also included a snatch of Take Good Care of It. really interesting set.

Thighpaulsandra's Jools Holland style piano tinkling can be annoying at times- for some reason it's at its worst on the official Royal Albert Hall album!