Sonic interview - New spectrum and EAR

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

burningwheel
Known user

Sonic interview - New spectrum and EAR

Post by burningwheel »

[url=http://www.loveisforever.org]Primal Scream, My Bloody Valentine, Swervedriver, Chapterhouse, The Telescopes, Loop, Verve and more![/url]
clewsr
Known user

Re: Sonic interview - New spectrum and EAR

Post by clewsr »

Interesting interview...I really hope he does release a spectrum album next year!
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

I'll believe it when I hear it.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

spacemanrich wrote:I'll believe it when I hear it.
same here!
it's been mooted since before Chinese Democracy :)
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

At least Chinese Democracy had a reunion. G n R sold out Europe in record time. Don't expect a SP3 reunion. It won't happen.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

Never say never..

New EAR and Spectrum would be most welcome
stegraham
Known user

Post by stegraham »

Most excited about a new Cheval Sombre release!!!
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

I can`t remember hearing the term `soul punks` before, although I like it, it seems to fit as Spacemen 3 I never really thought of as a psychedelic band in the `80`, psychedelic was Dr And The Medics or something equally frivolous not to be taken serious, Spacemen were always something darker.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

niamhm wrote:I can`t remember hearing the term `soul punks` before, although I like it, it seems to fit as Spacemen 3 I never really thought of as a psychedelic band in the `80`, psychedelic was Dr And The Medics or something equally frivolous not to be taken serious, Spacemen were always something darker.
There were so many people seriously out of it on psychedelics at some of the Spacemen shows I saw back then, plus the crazy light projectors etc. that they always came across to me as really psychedelic. I agree about the Madics though - cartoon psychedelia was big around then - remember Planet Alice in Portobello, and Alice in Wonderland at Gossips? Maybe a little tongue-in-cheek but good fun!
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Nothing wrong with having a bit of fun , I remember loving the Naz Nomad album in the mid 80`s and Julian Copes early release, I guess what I`m trying to say is they had a more heavy, druggy kinda vibe than ... well, anybody I`d come across before really, certainly more Lou Reed than Sgt. Pepper.
I`d never thought about this before until you mentioned it but they never used any light shows anytime I saw them, they had venue lighting but no specific oil show or anything, in those days when you could smoke indoors, the hashish fumes were everywhere, gig goers openly smoking all over the place, quite hard to believe really looking back :shock:
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

niamhm wrote: I`d never thought about this before until you mentioned it but they never used any light shows anytime I saw them, they had venue lighting but no specific oil show or anything, in those days when you could smoke indoors, the hashish fumes were everywhere, gig goers openly smoking all over the place, quite hard to believe really looking back :shock:
I'm pretty sure you could sell of blocks of the The Barras ceiling for its high THC conent... :lol: :lol: :lol:
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

niamhm wrote:Nothing wrong with having a bit of fun , I remember loving the Naz Nomad album in the mid 80`s and Julian Copes early release, I guess what I`m trying to say is they had a more heavy, druggy kinda vibe than ... well, anybody I`d come across before really, certainly more Lou Reed than Sgt. Pepper.
I`d never thought about this before until you mentioned it but they never used any light shows anytime I saw them, they had venue lighting but no specific oil show or anything, in those days when you could smoke indoors, the hashish fumes were everywhere, gig goers openly smoking all over the place, quite hard to believe really looking back :shock:
I saw Nazz Nomad live a couple of times actually - a pretty rare experience... But fun!

One of the Spacemen shows I saw - at Dingwalls - had projector lights on all 4 walls, including behind me. People were so out of it they were lying on the floor. And I certainly remember the smoke!