Pink Floyd 1977 -Animal Instincts

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

Aquarian-Time
Known user

Pink Floyd 1977 -Animal Instincts

Post by Aquarian-Time »

Does anyone have a link to a download of this ?
On a bit of a Floyd trip at the moment, this is considered the best of the 1977 tour, they finished with CWTAE which I believe was only played at the fans request, hadn't been played since 73 and was never played again.
Heard some of it on youtube and it sounds really good, An audience recording but as good a one as you could imagine.
Sheep opens the show and its ferocious
Laz69
Known user

Re: Pink Floyd 1977 -Animal Instincts

Post by Laz69 »

Here you go... hope this does the trick!

http://soundaboard.blogspot.co.uk/2012/ ... -1977.html

The links are just below. I'm downloading this too (also on a bit of a Floyd trip) so if you have any issues, I can Dropbox you the files.
Aquarian-Time
Known user

Post by Aquarian-Time »

Cheers fella, nah its not having it at my end, I have all sorts of security in place at work so it blocks most sites of this nature. If you can dropbox it mate that would be superb
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

This show is also seeded on the ever-reliable Yeeshkul:

http://yeeshkul.com/forum/showthread.ph ... +instincts
Aquarian-Time
Known user

Post by Aquarian-Time »

I am getting nowhere with that site, don't really get all this seeding lark. Signed up and then have to find compatible application to safely open /download the seeds into something listenable, and the 3 I have attempted so far, 1 had a potential virus the other 2 were crap and nothing happened.
Thanks anyway though for the heads up
Aquarian-Time
Known user

Post by Aquarian-Time »

I am getting nowhere with that site, don't really get all this seeding lark. Signed up and then have to find compatible application to safely open /download the seeds into something listenable, and the 3 I have attempted so far, 1 had a potential virus the other 2 were crap and nothing happened.
Thanks anyway though for the heads up
Aquarian-Time
Known user

Post by Aquarian-Time »

thanks to Laz who has pinged me the link to his dropbox. Hats off to you sir
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

The version of Pigs on this boot is fuckin incredible... 8) 8) 8)
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

notes with the FLACs I grabbed:

Pink Floyd
May 9th 1977
Alameda Coliseum
Oakland CA, USA

Also Known As:  Oakland Coliseum / In the Flesh / Plays the Animals / Animal Instincts / Mr. Pig
Source:  --> Animal Instincts rev. B <--  (HRV CDR 014)
Audience:  Rating is 8/10, Recorded from the audience by Reinhardt Hollwein

Notes (from many sources):

This two CD set features a complete show from the 1977 Animals tour (aka 'In The Flesh' tour).  It's notable for it's very good performance and the rare encore of  'Careful With That Axe, Eugene' --a song that hadn't been played for a few years at that time, and has never ever been played since then.

It's an audience recording, but of such good quality that this show has been bootlegged many times under many different titles:  'Oakland Coliseum,' 'Animal Instincts,' 'Plays the Animals,' ‘Mr. Pig,’ and 'In The Flesh' are among the most popular and common boots.  I’m including artwork for each of these so you can use what you like – it’s all from the same show.  My original CD copy was “Plays the Animals,” but last year I was given “Animal Instincts rev B,” and its sound is definitely superior, which is the source for this particular posting.

A great recording of a great concert.  The band seems to be having a lot of fun (something I assume was rare during the In The Flesh Tour).  Roger and Dave laugh hysterically during the first verse of "Have a Cigar."  Roger Waters shows some real venom in 'Pigs,' and 'Shine On You Crazy Diamond parts VI-IX' features some outstanding jamming which cannot be heard on the original studio recording.  The overall set list is a winner too, including "Eugene" as the final encore.  David Gilmour does seem to get a little annoyed at the crowd before "Us and Them" - he tells the crowd "This one's got a quiet beginning."  “Pigs” is much more powerful (and heavier) than the studio cut, with lots of extended jamming added as well.  There is a cut in “Shine On,” probably due to a tape flip.  There are a couple of loud BOOMS during WYWH, like the microphone was dropped, so be aware of that.  Otherwise, a great, full Animals and Wish You Were Here set, with Dark Side of The Moon encores.

Sheep
Pigs on the Wing part 1
Dogs
Pigs on the Wing part 2
Pigs
Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts I-V)
----------
Welcome to the Machine
Have A Cigar
Wish You Were Here
Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts VI-IX)
Money
US and Them
Careful With That Axe, Eugene
coffeepotman
Known user

Post by coffeepotman »

I've had this show for years and it's my go to PF show featuring my two fav albums WYWH and Animals. Would love for an Animals immersion set which would include a soundboard recording of an In the Flesh show, though I've heard no exist.

Considering the current political climate Animals is very appropriate.