Ladies and Gentlemen Black 12xCD Pill Pack Box Set?

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

Never_Enough_Records
New user

Ladies and Gentlemen Black 12xCD Pill Pack Box Set?

Post by Never_Enough_Records »

Really trying to get my hands on one of these but don't really want to pay the ridiculous prices that people are asking on discogs, etc. Anyone have any leads? Last I checked they were still available on the ATP shop, but then they went under.
semisynthetic
Known user

Re: Ladies and Gentlemen Black 12xCD Pill Pack Box Set?

Post by semisynthetic »

I wanted a spare, and they sold quickly. I don't know what sort of prices you've seen; I believe I paid about $200 from the UK to the USA, but that is was when they were "new and in stock". I hope someone here can help you find a set; the 2nd Box was much better thought out than the 1997 Box, but it was very clever. I have kept the 2nd set I obtained in the original packing box, and opened it just to double check the contents. Good Luck; surely someone in the UK has a spare they might sell. I am curious how nuts the prices are that you have seen, if you don't mind sharing that data.

Anyway, Good Luck to you.
"Everything is a Poison; it is the amount or degree that separates one Poison from another"
Paracelsus
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

They were really expensive to begin with. I just checked Discogs and there are three ATP versions available. If you want one, you're probably going to have to shell out for it.
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

According to ATP Recordings' Facebook page there are still a few new copies available (click link and scroll down):

https://www.facebook.com/atpfestival/?h ... NE&fref=nf

This was as of November last year. If you look at all the comments, people who ordered did get their copies, and they are still showing as available on the ATP online store. I can't vouch for it more than that, though. So caveat emptor and all that...

The price is what they originally sold for - £125.
Never_Enough_Records
New user

This is great! Found it on the ATP page for much less than folks are trying to get on the secondary market (still a bit much, but I'll take it).
Thanks everyone!
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

I'm not sure what your expecting to pay ? You certainly wouldn't get one " on the cheap. " As mentioned before they were released as limited and expensive at that time. Someone can tell you what the limited run was, maybe 1,000 copies or less ?
I was able to find the original 12x Pill Pack Box from a record store in Philadephia and then the packaging wasn't mint or perfect. Mine is a little crumpled a bit, but the 12 cd's are still unopened and I treasure it. Didn't have the extra money to buy the second re-issue (Black Pill Box Set) otherwise I would have picked one up at the time. Either buy it now and/or complain about it later when it is sold-out. :shock:
Never_Enough_Records
New user

Hey now! Not complaining at all. I've just seen people trying to get $500 or more for it in the past. That's what I would refer to as a 'ridiculous' price, as I mentioned in my initial comment. Never said I was looking for one 'on the cheap', but thanks for making assumptions!
semisynthetic
Known user

Post by semisynthetic »

It is great to find the "Original Price"! The 2nd Promo w/ Prescription and extras was a very nicely made and carefully packaged set. It is, in fact, roughly $30 +/- less now w/ shipping than when it was released. The $500 price seems a bit much, but at the original price, it is a wonderful addition to ones library, and I will add a spare copy (sans Name on Prescription), to mine. Thank all of you for first bringing it up, and especially those who were well informed. Thank You!
"Everything is a Poison; it is the amount or degree that separates one Poison from another"
Paracelsus