Fort knox

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

Stevewasstevie
New user

Fort knox

Post by Stevewasstevie »

Hi all. Long ago, before media was a social thing I was Stevie. I posted recently as a Stevie but then I was denied. I don't know why. Now I have this name. Anyway, I just wanted to relay my excitement at seeing spiritualized in a couple of hours for the 1st time in 6 (ish) years when I sww them tplay ladies and gents in Sydney and the 1st time I've seen them play a career spanning set since before the war(s) - whenever that was.

This gig's billed as a premiere, of what I don't know outside of the orchestra they're playing with. I'll relay aanything of note that I recall but I am a tad pissed with an hour and a half until kick off
runcible
Site Admin

Re: Fort knox

Post by runcible »

Welcome back Stevie! Great to see your posting again! Let us know how the show goes.

(For those more recent forumites Stevie was one of the original moderators here, and has been missed by many of us!)
Stevewasstevie
New user

Re: Fort knox

Post by Stevewasstevie »

runcible wrote:Welcome back Stevie! Great to see your posting again!
Thanks mate. It's been a while. Hope all is good with you

Was a great gig. Full orchestra and choir. Started with if I were with her now which was great to hear though it needed more volume. That issue was quickly sorted out thankfully.

Highlights for me were let it flow, cop shoot cop and she kissed me. Not my favourite song ever but sounded amazing. There was a bit of lull midway through for some reason. Think it was because a few people started leaving. Can only assume they had all day tickets and weren't into it. Was a bit annoying though. All in all, well worth the effort to get to Melbourne.

Set list was (so you can say you got more than an avatar) -

Here's the setlist just to rub it in some more -

If I were with her now
Shine a light
Born never asked
Electric mainline
Ladies & gentlemen
Stay with me
Think I'm in love
Broken heart
Out of sight
Anything more