Music For 8 Year Old Girls ...

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

clewsr
Known user

Re: Music For 8 Year Old Girls ...

Post by clewsr »

Good work FM Spaceman. My daughter Poppy is also 8, soon to be 9. I haven't introduced screamadelica to her yet, but both she and Ella are both big fans of the poppier side of spiritualized and plenty of other random music too.
natty
Known user

Post by natty »

Love this.

My four year old daughter's favourite song is "So Long", she knows all the words and sings along to it. She also loves Spectrum's version of "True Love Will Find You in the End" and calls it "my pretty song".

Her favourite band is The Lovely Eggs.
mojo filters
Known user

Post by mojo filters »

natty wrote:Love this.

My four year old daughter's favourite song is "So Long", she knows all the words and sings along to it. She also loves Spectrum's version of "True Love Will Find You in the End" and calls it "my pretty song".

Learn to read with Richard Brautigan...

Hopefully nominative determinism won't catch up with all these Poppys!
Last edited by mojo filters on Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm like Evel Knievel, I get paid for the attempt. I didn't promise this shit would be good!
Dave Chappelle
natty
Known user

Post by natty »

mojo filters wrote:
natty wrote:Love this.

Learn to read with Richard Brautigan...

Hopefully nominative determinism won't catch up with all these poor Poppys!
She knows what a digital accordian sounds like.
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

Very cool! Here is a pic of my son with the one and only. The plush Tiger is a school project where the kids need to take them on an adventure and write about with photographs.

M
Attachments
23334178_10155908994156926_718434551381831303_o.jpg
23334178_10155908994156926_718434551381831303_o.jpg (408.82 KiB) Viewed 3773 times
Design.
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

Yes, I've played some. He knows the anthems like 'For Those About to Rock' and 'Back in Black'. He enjoys it...

M
Design.
mc
Known user

Post by mc »

My niece is nearly twelve and well into Taylor Swift and the wee Sheeran fandan amongst others. Fair play to her, she can like what she wants, but I've started getting her the odd album as pressies. Last Xmas I gave her Chvrches - The Bones Of What You Believe, which went down well. My niece idolised her Auntie and was horribly upset when she died a couple of months ago, so this year I'll get her Wolf Alice - My Love Is Cool, which was probably my wife's newest musical love. I reckon it's perfect stuff for a near-teenager too; if I were fifteen today they'd probably be my favourite band :)
mc
Known user

Post by mc »

On a similar topic to introducing little ones to AC/DC, I saw this earlier in the year and loved every minute. "Kids React To Iron Maiden" :D :D :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiYpDdsK4BU