Best Reissue?

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

The Luke 5how
New user

Best Reissue?

Post by The Luke 5how »

I'm a noob here so I don't know how extensively this has been hashed over. Sorry if it's redundant. But I'm looking for Ladies and Gentlemen on vinyl and the original pressings are tough to find and tougher to afford. The reissue from 2009 or 2010 is everywhere but poorly reviewed by the sound nerds. I'm just looking for the closest sounding thing to the original I can find but I'm getting stymied. I also prefer the title track without the elvis melody in it because that's what I grew up with. Any suggestions?
spzretent
Site Admin

Re: Best Reissue?

Post by spzretent »

Be careful in your search for an original LAGWAFIS. Many of them are defective, were returned, and have found their way onto the secondary market.
I have a blue vinyl reissue and it sounds fine. I am no audiophile but it sounds better than the original i sold years ago.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
The Luke 5how
New user

Post by The Luke 5how »

Thanks for the advice!
The Luke 5how
New user

Post by The Luke 5how »

Thanks for the advice!
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

I think the only reissues out there are on the much-derided Plain Recordings. Probably sourced from a cd. However, as Alan mentioned, the originals were riddled with issues and they're crazy expensive. I purchased a black vinyl pressing from Plain and it sounds pretty good to me. I am not an audiophile, either, but I have a nice hi-fi and I can tell if a pressing is garbage. Until Spaceman signs off on an official remaster/reissue, this is the best you'll get, as far as I know.
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

If you ive in the USA, try direct from City Hall, aka Runt.

https://preview.tinyurl.com/yd5ty6po

I have purchased the (Packaging Flaws) titles and they are typically slight bumps on the corners of the sleeve.

The blue & white version is $29.58, and the standard black is $19.98.

If you order a few titles, they discount the whole package, and shipping is included.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

Having recently got into the world of vinyl it seems a bit of a minefield collecting for Spiritualized? the original records are pretty steep now, some of the reissues apparently aren't much cop, and then you've got all the problems that came along with the A&E green vinyl.. as they are still basically my favourite band, I'd love to collect them but it seems bit of a faff!