Cavern of Anti-Matter - 2018 Album

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

TheWarmth
Known user

Cavern of Anti-Matter - 2018 Album

Post by TheWarmth »

http://www.cavernofantimatter.com/

Psyched for this one! Love this band.
sunray
Known user

Re: Cavern of Anti-Matter - 2018 Album

Post by sunray »

That new track reminds me of Orbital, which is no bad thing.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

Any LP that opens up with a 16:35 tune is likely to be OK in my book. The fact that it is a CoAM LP is simply and added bonus.
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Been waiting for reviews on this side project of Tim Gane. What's up with Stereolab, by the way ? Are they still together or just a hiatus ?
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

spacemanrich wrote:Been waiting for reviews on this side project of Tim Gane. What's up with Stereolab, by the way ? Are they still together or just a hiatus ?
As I said, I'm a big fan. I think both of their albums are top notch and more interesting than a lot of the new stuff that gets labeled as Krautrock or psych. I already preordered the new one. Definitely worth checking out.
bambam
Known user

Post by bambam »

spacemanrich wrote:Been waiting for reviews on this side project of Tim Gane. What's up with Stereolab, by the way ? Are they still together or just a hiatus ?
this stuff is pretty fantastic. take the vocals, exotica and lounge out and leave the kraut in of the late stereolab and there you go. as far as the lab goes, since Tim and Laetitia split, they pretty much did too. as Pete always said, ever since Mary died, it wasn't quite the same. Tim did mention he planned on archiving/remastering the lab catalogue at singe point, but not sure if it's a time or rights issue. curious how ast least in the states, their Warner Elektra stuff is not on several streaming services, only the early Indy stuff and later 4ad titles.