Favourite non-Spz release

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

1+1-1
Known user

Favourite non-Spz release

Post by 1+1-1 »

after looking at FM Spaceman's thread re: f.buttons got me thinking about the non-spz releases- original and 'remixes' etc. my favourite is silent sound as it is very beautiful and guitar loops as kit is very clever.

yours and why?
clewsr
Known user

Re: Favourite non-Spz release

Post by clewsr »

I really enjoyed seeing the Silent Sound show Liverpool, and the CD is gorgeous. That was the only time I briefly met Jason. I was a little bit dazed and confused, and probably did not make much sense.

Couldn't really get into Guitar Loops, (felt like there wasn't renough looping or repetition for me). Maybe it is worth another go.

While not physically released, I think the best work Jason has done under his own moniker is the two Kenzo tracks.
1+1-1
Known user

Post by 1+1-1 »

I wouldn't say guitar loops was 'enjoyable' in terms of the music, I think it is very clever- making drum souds etc, and that it is one continuous take
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

my favourite is probably Silent Sound too.
the Mister Lonely soundtrack is okay.

I can't have listened to Guitar Loops more than twice since I bought it. and I like to think I have a reasonably high tolerance for the more avant garde end of music (including many of the other Treader releases!)
it may be one continuous take bit it's obviously been highly chopped up and edited

the live boots of those solo shows Jason did are better than the actual Guitar Loops record.
natty
Known user

Post by natty »

LFO - Tied Up (Electric Mainline mix)
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

natty wrote:LFO - Tied Up (Electric Mainline mix)
+ 1 8)
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

clewsr wrote: Couldn't really get into Guitar Loops, (felt like there wasn't enough looping or repetition for me). Maybe it is worth another go.

More than that. It's all about the repetition!

First time I heard this properly was on an amazing sound system in the outer reaches of Glasgow. Made perfect sense at the time!

A true & pure piece of beautiful, meditative and completely unhinged metal machine art music.

The thread here at the time was proper 'Rites of Spring' outrage and entertaining and remains so. :lol:
clewsr wrote:While not physically released, I think the best work Jason has done under his own moniker is the two Kenzo tracks.
Absolutely. The 'Kenzo Men' track is literally an astonishing Rocket Shaped Song and the 'Kenzo Women' track is the ultimate comedown space reggae belter.
O P 8