LAGWAFIS 12cd mispress?

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

catweazel
Known user

LAGWAFIS 12cd mispress?

Post by catweazel »

I moved to Italy about 10 years ago and I recently rediscovered this album nestled between some board games and other things that I've kept in storage. Condition-wise, it's in good shape, I think it's been straightened out a bit and certainly looks better than I remember it (it's prone to creasing, etc...)

I originally purchased this limited edition copy on eBay for about £50 (bargain!) but all the cds had been opened from their foil so.. not so good. In the same year I also picked up a sheet (just one) which should contain six cds... but it doesn't. It has 4 out of 6 - but it's never been opened - all six trays are still sealed, with two empty trays where the cds should be. Note, this sheet (presumably) comes from the first 200 copies which are clear plastic (unlike the standard version which has the 'Spiritualized' silver foil and white plastic so you can't see the cds)

Has anyone else seen these factory mispressings in the wild? Is it possible it was a dummy/test run to see what the final product would look like?

Also, can anyone confirm the first 200 copies came with the clear plastic so you can see the discs? I've read this a few times but no real proof as such. Perhaps the clear copies are all just test copies? (meaning there probably aren't 200 of them)

If you look through the pictures here you can see both variants:

https://www.discogs.com/Spiritualized-L ... ase/607356
toomilk
Known user

Re: LAGWAFIS 12cd mispress?

Post by toomilk »

I can confirm (without proof right now) that the first copies were in clear plastic and that those are worth much more than the white plastic. I haven't heard about the miss-pressing issue you're talking about though...