About signed SPZ stuff

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

Billy Whizz
Known user

About signed SPZ stuff

Post by Billy Whizz »

Talk about signed copies of the new album in that thread, reminded me of the CD single for Cheapster which I bought a few years ago around the time it was released. My copy is signed by J Spaceman in pencil, but I've always wondered how many copies were done like this? Any ideas? Anyone else have one?
REVOLUTION * PURITY * LOVE * SUICIDE * ACCURACY
Billy Whizz
Known user

Re: About signed SPZ stuff

Post by Billy Whizz »

OK, scratch that... from Discogs: "Limited edition of 500, hand-signed and numbered by Jason Pierce. This was only available through the official Spiritualized website."

What other stuff came officially signed like that?
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

The Maida Vale version of "Rated X" that appears on the b-side of the Cheapster single is incredible.
Billy Whizz
Known user

Post by Billy Whizz »

TheWarmth wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:01 pm The Maida Vale version of "Rated X" that appears on the b-side of the Cheapster single is incredible.
I really need to check that out again actually. Due to reasons which I won't bore you with, my entire record collection is stored in a big loft/cupboard space and hasn't seen the light of day for a couple of years now. Have even thought about selling some of it. There's some good SPZ and Spacemen 3 stuff there amongst much other stuff.
mkb
Known user

Post by mkb »

Years ago the website was selling white labels of the Medication single (backed with Angel Sigh) that had been signed and personalised by Jason. No idea how many there were.

Initial box sets of the LAGWAFIS reissue came with a signed prescription as well.
Billy Whizz
Known user

Post by Billy Whizz »

mkb wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:32 pm Years ago the website was selling white labels of the Medication single (backed with Angel Sigh) that had been signed and personalised by Jason. No idea how many there were.

Initial box sets of the LAGWAFIS reissue came with a signed prescription as well.
Yeah I remember about the signed prescriptions now. I was a skint student at the time though so bought the cassette version because it was being sold at a special prize (about 5 quid I think).

I have the red 7" of Medication. Weirdly, I bought it off Will Seargent! Got some S3 stuff from him too.
good dope/good fun
Known user

Post by good dope/good fun »

mkb wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:32 pm Years ago the website was selling white labels of the Medication single (backed with Angel Sigh) that had been signed and personalised by Jason. No idea how many there were.

I got in on that.
One of my favorite framed posters i have is signed from the CN Tower gig.
I like when J was signing copies of Amazing Grace to make it look like track marks.
Jasonsmith
Known user

Post by Jasonsmith »

I think there was a second batch of those signed Cheapster singles, I remember being on holiday in Spain when they went on offer, only finding out late about them, and having to sit in the hotel's business centre to order one. I did manage to get one though, but it's not numbered (as far as I remember, my SPZ is also boxed up at the moment after a move). I also have a signed copy of the CD insert for Songs in A+E that some indie record chain was offering if I remember correctly...
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

if you extend it to non Spiritualized stuff, my CD copies of Silent Sound and Guitar Loops are both signed by Jason.

EDIT: and Spaceshipp!
Martin L
Known user

Post by Martin L »

I have the Medication EP with the poster signed hidden away at my parents, bought from Alan's Records in Wigan.I think it may need to be re-found!
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

I have the Perfect Prescription cd sleeve signed by Jason, as well as Sonic Boom. Amazing Grace cd sleeve signed by J. as well as most of the band members and maybe a set-list too ? I, also have the Silent Sound, but I don't know if it is signed or not ?