The Glands : New Album / Boxset

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

TheWarmth
Known user

The Glands : New Album / Boxset

Post by TheWarmth »

I wonder how many of you here know The Glands, from Athens, GA. Anyone who enjoys Big Star and stuff like that should check these guys out. The melodies are wonderful and the playing is understated and tasteful. They released two albums (96 and 2000), both of which are great. At first their sound comes off as lo-fi, but once you really start listening you can hear all kinds of intricacies and embellishments. Their singer/guitarist/songwriter passed away in 2016 from lung cancer. His bandmates compiled a new album from about 60 songs that were recorded after the second album came out. I can't wait to hear it.

https://www.stereogum.com/2018003/the-g ... ity/music/

https://youtu.be/1QQbcT302ms
Laz69
Known user

Re: The Glands : New Album / Boxset

Post by Laz69 »

Can't say i'm familiar with them but, from that song link, i'm intruiged. Can defo hear the Big Star influence (always a good thing).

Will investigate further!
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

Their albums aren't on streaming services, although I'm sure they will be when the reissues come out. In the meantime, I can hook anyone up with the self-titled album. Just drop me a PM.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

The Warmth hooked me up (cheers dude!) with The Glands years and years ago and I still play that album regularly. It's really enjoyable from start to finish so I'm curious as to what all the other material sounds like. No one ever mentions them yet there are so many great songs on the album I have. Highly recommended...