J Spaceman - Guitar Loops on Vinyl

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

Never_Enough_Records
New user

J Spaceman - Guitar Loops on Vinyl

Post by Never_Enough_Records »

Looks like they're pressing the J Spaceman - Guitar Loops release on vinyl for the first time. 

Anyone know anything about this? Are there plans to release any other solo J Spaceman stuff on vinyl? 

https://bleep.com/release/111495-j-spac ... itar-loops
sunray
Known user

Re: J Spaceman - Guitar Loops on Vinyl

Post by sunray »

Cheers, hadn't heard a thing about this release. Just ordered with Norman.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

I'm normally a quite a completist when it comes to Jason's work, but I think I'll swerve this.

'J. Spaceman recorded this strange record at his own Amazing Grace Studio in June 2005.'

I wonder what happened to the Amazing Grace Studio?
heisenberg
Known user

Post by heisenberg »

clewsr wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:53 am I'm normally a quite a completist when it comes to Jason's work, but I think I'll swerve this.

'J. Spaceman recorded this strange record at his own Amazing Grace Studio in June 2005.'

I wonder what happened to the Amazing Grace Studio?
I always assumed Amazing Grace studio was actually Primal Scream's rehearsal space, as I remember reading somewhere that he used their space when demoing ideas for the album of the same name.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Always assumed it was the studio by The Scream ('Das Bunker') that was sadly closed a few years ago.

Only going on the credits for Amazing Grace itself.

Anyway, I would be more inclined to jump for this vinyl edition of one of the most decisive works in the Spaceman catalogue if the 12" had the beautiful intaglio gold eagle as on the original CD.

It's a completely bonkers record, but I love it, it's just so broken and wrong but makes some kind of bizarre sense after a while.

I heard it properly - at the best time - during that mad year at full volume on formidable stereo system at daft o'clock in the outer reaches of Glasgow City and have no regrets.

Interested to see that Spring Heel Jack recorded another album a few months back also.
O P 8
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

couldn't agree more Bza. damn those Treader CDs are in gorgeous packaging. wanna collect them all but I think many are totally sold out now.

interesting that Treader have started creeping stuff out on vinyl (and that Spring Heel Jack are still a going concern, I guess it just applies whenever Coxon and Wales hook up for a project. what about John Coxon's tinnitus that was mentioned on another thread?)

jazz and free improv recordings often suit CD better than vinyl- because of the long form nature of the pieces (don't want to turn over half way through a piece), and also perhaps because that the high noise floor of vinyl won't necessarily capture the silences and quiet moments?