Spz live at the Quart Festival 1992

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

Feedback Forever
Known user

Spz live at the Quart Festival 1992

Post by Feedback Forever »

Just discovered some rare old footage of Spiritualized playing Sway and Walking With Jesus at the legendary Quart Festival in my hometown Kristiansand, Norway, in 1992. Great video and audio quality!

It was filmed by a friend of mine who worked at the festival, and it includes some nice backstage banter with the band as well. Unfortunately only available on Facebook, but you can find it if you search for "Kristiansands rock historie". From there, search for "Quart 92". You might need to be a member, though. I've also posted it to the FB group Spacemen 3 Appreciation Society. Anyway, enjoy :D
Billy Whizz
Known user

Re: Spz live at the Quart Festival 1992

Post by Billy Whizz »

Feedback Forever wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:18 am Just discovered some rare old footage of Spiritualized playing Sway and Walking With Jesus at the legendary Quart Festival in my hometown Kristiansand, Norway, in 1992. Great video and audio quality!

It was filmed by a friend of mine who worked at the festival, and it includes some nice backstage banter with the band as well. Unfortunately only available on Facebook, but you can find it if you search for "Kristiansands rock historie". From there, search for "Quart 92". You might need to be a member, though. I've also posted it to the FB group Spacemen 3 Appreciation Society. Anyway, enjoy :D
Does he mind it being shared? I've downloaded the video.
REVOLUTION * PURITY * LOVE * SUICIDE * ACCURACY
Pat Garrett
Known user

Post by Pat Garrett »

This is great. Thanks for sharing. I wonder how many of the kids in the front row remember seeing Spiritualized 26 years ago...

I'd never even heard of this festival. Sounds like it had its fair share of memorable moments...

A local band Flying Crap fired a shotgun from the stage in 1995.
Mayhem threw pigs' heads at the audience in 2001.
Kristopher Schau attached an engine to a dead pig and used it as a boat in 2003.
Two persons from rainforest charity group Fuck For Forest had live sex on stage during a concert with The Cumshots in 2004.
Feedback Forever
Known user

Billy Whizz wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:02 pm
Feedback Forever wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:18 am Just discovered some rare old footage of Spiritualized playing Sway and Walking With Jesus at the legendary Quart Festival in my hometown Kristiansand, Norway, in 1992. Great video and audio quality!

I'm sure he doesn't. There's a lot of stuff going around that he filmed back in the day. How did you download the video?
Feedback Forever
Known user

Pat Garrett wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:26 pm This is great. Thanks for sharing. I wonder how many of the kids in the front row remember seeing Spiritualized 26 years ago...

I'd never even heard of this festival. Sounds like it had its fair share of memorable moments...

Kristopher Schau attached an engine to a dead pig and used it as a boat in 2003.
Two persons from rainforest charity group Fuck For Forest had live sex on stage during a concert with The Cumshots in 2004.
My pleasure! I've had a feeling for years that there was a recording, but only thought of asking about it a few days ago. I wish he'd filmed the whole show.

Haha, yeah it was a great festival with a great rock & roll spirit. My mates and I went regularly since 1995 and have seen countless great shows through the years. Shame I was only 12 when Spiritualized played, though. I even played there myself with my own band in 2004.

There's a funny story about Spiritualized that year. They were staying at a local scouts hut in the idyllic small town Lillesand by the sea. For some reason they decided to build a fire outside the hut unaware of the drought and were surprised by the local fire department who hosed down everything including the band. Apparently, the band also set fire to all the furniture :lol:
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Pat Garrett wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:26 pm

So in other words, just a more civilized version of T in the Park?

:lol:
O P 8
Billy Whizz
Known user

Post by Billy Whizz »

Feedback Forever wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:10 pm

I'm sure he doesn't. There's a lot of stuff going around that he filmed back in the day. How did you download the video?
Facebook don't make it easy, but you can do it by accessing the mobile site via a laptop.

Anyway, here it is: https://wetransfer.com/downloads/38c030 ... 357/13a89c
good dope/good fun
Known user

Post by good dope/good fun »

That video is all kinds of awesome.
Thanks for sharing.
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

That is a great video! Thanks for sharing. That Sway is just lovely!
Feedback Forever
Known user

Billy Whizz wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:26 pm
Feedback Forever wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:10 pm

Facebook don't make it easy, but you can do it by accessing the mobile site via a laptop.

Anyway, here it is: https://wetransfer.com/downloads/38c030 ... 357/13a89c
Cheers! Much appreciated :)
Feedback Forever
Known user

good dope/good fun wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:48 pm That video is all kinds of awesome.
Thanks for sharing.
clewsr wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:58 am That is a great video! Thanks for sharing. That Sway is just lovely!
Yeah, I don't think I've seen anything Spz-related of such an intimate nature before. Really chuffed!
Last edited by Feedback Forever on Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grisisiknis
Known user

Post by grisisiknis »

The link does not longer work, :?
no art no pain | no pain no art
Billy Whizz
Known user

Post by Billy Whizz »

grisisiknis wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:20 pm The link does not longer work, :?
Here's a fresh link: https://wetransfer.com/downloads/316515 ... 050/d6629e
grisisiknis
Known user

Post by grisisiknis »

Billy Whizz wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:02 pm
grisisiknis wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:20 pm The link does not longer work, :?

Here's a fresh link: https://wetransfer.com/downloads/316515 ... 050/d6629e
Thanks man, I really appreciate it!! :D
no art no pain | no pain no art
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Any chance of another one? It's been deleted again.

Thanks!
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five