Has "D Song" been recorded yet?

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

coleodin
Known user

Has "D Song" been recorded yet?

Post by coleodin »

Hey team! I'm a long-time fan, but new to the group, and I'm trying to find out whether "D Song" (which was played live frequently during 2012/2013), was ever properly recorded, in either a studio version (as a B-Side for "And Nothing Hurt", or as a quality live version? Loved that when I saw it in Santa Cruz, CA that year, and have been waiting to hear it done proper... A gorgeously simple song that grooves like something you'd hear in a dance club... hypnotic and pulsing. Anyone know about it? Anyone talk to a band member who may have mentioned it in any way? I thought at first that it might have morphed into what is "The Morning After", but as there's a similar quality to it, but I don't think so (and hope not- it's great the way it si!)...

If you aren't familiar, you can check it out in this badly-recorded live video version...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnGNc8bA_bo

Thanks much!
Billy Whizz
Known user

Re: Has "D Song" been recorded yet?

Post by Billy Whizz »

There are 3 live recordings that I know of, all are crowd recordings.
REVOLUTION * PURITY * LOVE * SUICIDE * ACCURACY
coleodin
Known user

Post by coleodin »

Thanks Billy. I have one from the Santa Cruz show I was at, but unfortunately, the quality is pretty rough. Hoping it comes out as a studio recording (as B-Side or something) at some point. I'm DJing at their SF stop at the Masonic in a few months (in the VIP room), and if I get an opportunity to meet any of the band members, I'll ask about it.
Jasonsmith
Known user

Post by Jasonsmith »

Another one that got away - "A Song" https://www1.wdr.de/mediathek/video/sen ... --104.html - Click the link further down on the page to go straight to SPZ... :)