'Borrowed' songs

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

Billy Whizz
Known user

'Borrowed' songs

Post by Billy Whizz »

Can someone remind me of a few of the tracks that Spiritualized may have 'borrowed' from over the years? For example, the song that's pretty much the same as the second half of Hey Jane?
REVOLUTION * PURITY * LOVE * SUICIDE * ACCURACY
mojo filters
Known user

Re: 'Borrowed' songs

Post by mojo filters »

Pachelbel's very famous and familiar Canon in D is commonly referenced for many modern songs that use a similar chord sequence and descending bass line, such as Ladies And Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space.

I don't know the name of the older song similar to Hey Jane, that was posted here back in 2011. However although I haven't got a guitar to hand, I suspect that song's chord progression has been easily repeated through the ease with which those open chords fall to hand - in my head it sounds like a simple sequence of D, D, D, D, D, D, D, D maj sus2 (ie dropping the 2nd fret of the top E to let the open string ring) > A > E, repeating until the new key begins after the mid song breakdown.
I'm like Evel Knievel, I get paid for the attempt. I didn't promise this shit would be good!
Dave Chappelle
Ian
Known user

Post by Ian »

Billy Whizz wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:21 am Can someone remind me of a few of the tracks that Spiritualized may have 'borrowed' from over the years? For example, the song that's pretty much the same as the second half of Hey Jane?
The Hey Jane one is Joy by Silverbullit.
I have a passion sweet Lord...
http://www.spacemen3.co.uk
Billy Whizz
Known user

Post by Billy Whizz »

Ian wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:11 am
Billy Whizz wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:21 am Can someone remind me of a few of the tracks that Spiritualized may have 'borrowed' from over the years? For example, the song that's pretty much the same as the second half of Hey Jane?
The Hey Jane one is Joy by Silverbullit.
That's the one. thanks.

My favourite is still the mystery of the Candy Crush music and The Prize.
REVOLUTION * PURITY * LOVE * SUICIDE * ACCURACY
ro
Known user

Post by ro »

Billy Whizz wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:47 pm My favourite is still the mystery of the Candy Crush music and The Prize.
:D me too