Liverpool Psyche Fest

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, spzretent, BzaInSpace, runcible

olan
Known user

Liverpool Psyche Fest

Post by olan » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:16 am

May 2020 by the looks of things. http://liverpoolpsychfest.com/?fbclid=I ... L9UKaZCUP8

Hopefully they breathe a bit of life back into it. The last one was a bit limp. Good to have it back anyway as it was a good way to catch up with everyone. Care in the community for the chosen few....

sunray
Known user

Re: Liverpool Psyche Fest

Post by sunray » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:05 pm

Only a 1-dayer. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing. Easier on the body and wallet, yet might stop a lot of overseas folk from making the trip. Two days and i'm there, one and i'm not sure if I could be arsed.

I'll probably grab a ticket anyways :lol:
Bake me a cake and i'll do a handstand

angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs » Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:22 pm

1 dayer is a positive from my point of view. as you say, easier on body and the wallet, and the lineup will hopefully be all killer no filler, rather than padding it out.. in theory.. we'll see :/

there may well be bands playing gigs either side of it too, to make it more worthwhile for them. which could also be a good thing for us.

if we wanted to extend it, what we could do is meet up the night before? will be great to see everyone again. will also mean that I'm not sitting on a train most of the day before the first day... which meant my energy levels were not often optimal :o

hope the new location is good though. it will be a bit strange not having it at the Camp and Furnace again.

olan
Known user

Post by olan » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:57 pm

angelsighs wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:22 pm
1 dayer is a positive from my point of view. as you say, easier on body and the wallet, and the lineup will hopefully be all killer no filler, rather than padding it out.. in theory.. we'll see :/

there may well be bands playing gigs either side of it too, to make it more worthwhile for them. which could also be a good thing for us.

if we wanted to extend it, what we could do is meet up the night before? will be great to see everyone again. will also mean that I'm not sitting on a train most of the day before the first day... which meant my energy levels were not often optimal :o

hope the new location is good though. it will be a bit strange not having it at the Camp and Furnace again.
I'm sure there will be some form of meet up the night before. I wonder if the usual digs will be available? They certainly aren't as handy for the North Docks. :roll: The only thing I've been to up there was an awful open air gig where John Cale was great, but the venue and particularly the guest vocalist from the Fat White Family, conspired to murder the Velvet Underground's back catalogue. I think the Invisible Wind Factory is up there somewhere, which is run by some of the people who ran the much missed Kazimier.

angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:51 am

olan wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:57 pm
I'm sure there will be some form of meet up the night before. I wonder if the usual digs will be available? They certainly aren't as handy for the North Docks. :roll:
the previous digs were very nice as I remember.. I am sure you recall they did a fine cooked breakfast in the morning 8)

saw this on the website which is a plus:
Members of former congregations will receive a private link before they go on general sale. No price tiers. When they’re gone, they’re gone.

They don't seem to be indicating whether the ticket release also means a lineup announcement.. but it's looking like not. I really want to see what bands are playing before I hand over my hard earned :?

Martin L
Known user

Post by Martin L » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:18 am

£55 a ticket, bought one in hope it's a good line up. Probably going to be at Invisible Wind Factory?

sunray
Known user

Post by sunray » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:18 am

Is there no option for print at home tickets or am I blind? They want to charge £13.50 for delivery! :evil:

EDIT: Nevermind. Print at home option showed second time around :roll: :D

Yeah I was thinking it would be Invisible Wind Factory. Probably same set up as Wrong festival.

angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:09 am

You decided to go for it then Joycey? it's not a bad price for a one dayer but I'm still wary as really want to wait for the lineup.
thing is, I think it rarely sells out completely so it would be difficult to sell on a ticket.

sunray
Known user

Post by sunray » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:46 pm

Yeah, sure why not? Catching up with the incrowd was too much of a pull! :lol:

Something to look forward to anyways. I can't imagine them coming back with a lame lineup. But, yes, it is a gamble at this stage.

angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:38 pm

sunray wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:46 pm
Yeah, sure why not? Catching up with the incrowd was too much of a pull! :lol:

Something to look forward to anyways. I can't imagine them coming back with a lame lineup. But, yes, it is a gamble at this stage.
you make a good case!
it would be a shame if they came back with a weak lineup.. after having a break they really need to come back with a bang.