Liverpool Psyche Fest

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

olan
Known user

Liverpool Psyche Fest

Post by olan »

May 2020 by the looks of things. http://liverpoolpsychfest.com/?fbclid=I ... L9UKaZCUP8

Hopefully they breathe a bit of life back into it. The last one was a bit limp. Good to have it back anyway as it was a good way to catch up with everyone. Care in the community for the chosen few....
sunray
Known user

Re: Liverpool Psyche Fest

Post by sunray »

Only a 1-dayer. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing. Easier on the body and wallet, yet might stop a lot of overseas folk from making the trip. Two days and i'm there, one and i'm not sure if I could be arsed.

I'll probably grab a ticket anyways :lol:
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

1 dayer is a positive from my point of view. as you say, easier on body and the wallet, and the lineup will hopefully be all killer no filler, rather than padding it out.. in theory.. we'll see :/

there may well be bands playing gigs either side of it too, to make it more worthwhile for them. which could also be a good thing for us.

if we wanted to extend it, what we could do is meet up the night before? will be great to see everyone again. will also mean that I'm not sitting on a train most of the day before the first day... which meant my energy levels were not often optimal :o

hope the new location is good though. it will be a bit strange not having it at the Camp and Furnace again.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

angelsighs wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:22 pm 1 dayer is a positive from my point of view. as you say, easier on body and the wallet, and the lineup will hopefully be all killer no filler, rather than padding it out.. in theory.. we'll see :/

there may well be bands playing gigs either side of it too, to make it more worthwhile for them. which could also be a good thing for us.

if we wanted to extend it, what we could do is meet up the night before? will be great to see everyone again. will also mean that I'm not sitting on a train most of the day before the first day... which meant my energy levels were not often optimal :o

hope the new location is good though. it will be a bit strange not having it at the Camp and Furnace again.
I'm sure there will be some form of meet up the night before. I wonder if the usual digs will be available? They certainly aren't as handy for the North Docks. :roll: The only thing I've been to up there was an awful open air gig where John Cale was great, but the venue and particularly the guest vocalist from the Fat White Family, conspired to murder the Velvet Underground's back catalogue. I think the Invisible Wind Factory is up there somewhere, which is run by some of the people who ran the much missed Kazimier.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

olan wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:57 pm I'm sure there will be some form of meet up the night before. I wonder if the usual digs will be available? They certainly aren't as handy for the North Docks. :roll:
the previous digs were very nice as I remember.. I am sure you recall they did a fine cooked breakfast in the morning 8)

saw this on the website which is a plus:
Members of former congregations will receive a private link before they go on general sale. No price tiers. When they’re gone, they’re gone.

They don't seem to be indicating whether the ticket release also means a lineup announcement.. but it's looking like not. I really want to see what bands are playing before I hand over my hard earned :?
Martin L
Known user

Post by Martin L »

£55 a ticket, bought one in hope it's a good line up. Probably going to be at Invisible Wind Factory?
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Is there no option for print at home tickets or am I blind? They want to charge £13.50 for delivery! :evil:

EDIT: Nevermind. Print at home option showed second time around :roll: :D

Yeah I was thinking it would be Invisible Wind Factory. Probably same set up as Wrong festival.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

You decided to go for it then Joycey? it's not a bad price for a one dayer but I'm still wary as really want to wait for the lineup.
thing is, I think it rarely sells out completely so it would be difficult to sell on a ticket.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Yeah, sure why not? Catching up with the incrowd was too much of a pull! :lol:

Something to look forward to anyways. I can't imagine them coming back with a lame lineup. But, yes, it is a gamble at this stage.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

sunray wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:46 pm Yeah, sure why not? Catching up with the incrowd was too much of a pull! :lol:

Something to look forward to anyways. I can't imagine them coming back with a lame lineup. But, yes, it is a gamble at this stage.
you make a good case!
it would be a shame if they came back with a weak lineup.. after having a break they really need to come back with a bang.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

So Thee Oh Sees have announced two Dublin dates for the Monday and Tuesday immediately after LPF.

Could it be a precursor to bigger news? :lol: :roll:
Aquarian-Time
Known user

Post by Aquarian-Time »

Unlikley mate, they play Manchester 16th, same night as Psych Fest
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Aquarian-Time wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:13 pm Unlikley mate, they play Manchester 16th, same night as Psych Fest
Oh well..ho-hum...
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Their social media seems to have sprung into life (without actually saying anything). Guess it's happening after all.
BROKENHEART
Known user

Post by BROKENHEART »

I can't believe that they are leaving it this late to announce anything. I have purchased a ticket , but don't hold out too much hope for this event to happen. It's a real shame, as coming to this festival fairly late it was probably my favourite festival. People need to book hotels etc and it's only 4 months away. Come on LPF give us a yes or no !
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

News tomorrow apparently according to their socials. :shock:
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
Aquarian-Time
Known user

Post by Aquarian-Time »

Pretty ordinary line up. I will swerve this and instead be at oh sees in Manchester me thinks

WH Lung, Snapped Ankles Vanishing Twin, Sunburned Hamd Of Man all decent and would watch but no comparison and far more expensive than oh sees.
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

https://www.getintothis.co.uk/2020/02/l ... d-factory/

I must admit I only really know of WH Lung, who i'd like to see.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Agree with Aquarian Time, some decent acts but no big-hitters.
I saw The Utopia Stong last month and will be going to The Lovely Eggs and Altin Gun in Dublin the weekend before so will have to weigh it up.
However, i've the time booked off work so will probably still go. Safe to say i won't be worrying about buying a load of merch!
It would be nice to meet up with the usual crew but i suspect most of you won't bother with this lineup.

Anyways, i'm hauling my weary bones off the couch later to see Beak tonight :D
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

That lineup reeks of meh! It'll be a social occasion for me as I have tickets. I don't think I would have bothered otherwise.
Aquarian-Time
Known user

Post by Aquarian-Time »

If everyone is going, then it would be good to catch up with everyone, so I will see nearer the time
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Very disappointing line up, going down to one day made it debatable whether I could have justified going anyway but the line up finishes that idea off, shame. Vanishing Twin the only act I really want to see and they`re playing Glasgow in May, in fact I don`t think I would be going if it was on in Glasgow at £60 never mind Liverpool :(
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

yeah belatedly posting here to agree on disappointment with the lineup. that, plus it moving to a one dayer at a different location seems end of an era in a way.

I thought one day might mean "all killer, no filler", but seems quite the opposite :?

I'd like to see Sunburned Hand of The Man, they've been floating around the psych scene for a while. already seen WH Lung thought they were good but not special. there's just nothing to grab me.

will be interesting to see how this new format pans out for them..