Beta Band Family Tree

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

spzretent
Site Admin

Beta Band Family Tree

Post by spzretent »

I have spent much of my adult life listening to, collecting, and following live much of the Spacemen 3, Spiritualized, Sonic Boom, Darkside etc. I realize that is why many of us still post and read this message board.
Some of my closest friends have been made thru these bands. When I visit the UK I spend time with the Leeds crew, the Manchester crew and now the Liverpool crew.
Which brings me to this post.
I never thought there would be another band that would have this same impact on me. The Beta Band, Steve Mason/King Biscuit Time and The Aliens have had a similar affect. I absolutely love the Beta Band but also Steve Mason whom I have flown to the UK twice to see in three years. That is four shows. All with friends made thru music and closer to home this message board. And The Aliens, who have reappeared after a lengthy absence, seem to be at it again. Congrats to Adam/Shinesalight for putting out some vinyl by them.
I cant wait.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
stegraham
Known user

Re: Beta Band Family Tree

Post by stegraham »

Got to agree! Love the Beta Band, the Aliens and Steve Mason (wasn't that keen on the stuff he releases under the Black Affair moniker, but King Biscuit time was good). I never did check out the Lone pigeon solo stuff - must do that one day.......
Shinesalight
Known user

Re: Beta Band Family Tree

Post by Shinesalight »

spzretent wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:36 pm Congrats to Adam/Shinesalight for putting out some vinyl by them.
I cant wait.

I hope I haven't tempted fate by announcing this too early as, I have found out while doing the label over the last 5 years, if anything can go wrong...it will. Anyway, just tying up artwork and the look of the vinyl and hopefully all will be revealed early Spring 2020.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone