RSD 2020

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

olan
Known user

RSD 2020

Post by olan »

I see that Threebie 3 and Forever Alien are due the RSD treatment, presumbaly on Spaceage or licensed to some other label to get around any hassle. More interesting to me is John Massoni & Sonic Boom - The Sundowner Sessions which hopefully won't be on a label affiliated with previous unpleasantness so I can buy it.

There is a reasonable summary of the full RSD wallet-rape fiasco for UK released here:

http://exclaim.ca/music/article/heres_t ... y_releases

I wonder if the reissues of the first two Kraftwerk LPs are bootlegs as they've pretty much been disowned for 45 years by the band.
veiko
Known user

Re: RSD 2020

Post by veiko »

Sundowner Sessions have never been pressed on vinyl, so i might consider buying that. I wonder will it be mastered at all specially for vinyl treatment or nobody gives a piss. I mean those who will release it. Palmer again all over this? Schmuck.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

veiko wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:06 am Sundowner Sessions have never been pressed on vinyl, so i might consider buying that. I wonder will it be mastered at all specially for vinyl treatment or nobody gives a piss. I mean those who will release it. Palmer again all over this? Schmuck.
I think it is inevitable that Palmer will be behind Threebie 3 and Forever Alien. I can't see how he would have the rights to the Sundowner Sessions though. I already have the CD so I'll not touch the viny if he is involved. I was hoping (perhaps foolishly) that Pete might be doing this.
veiko
Known user

Post by veiko »

Of course i have Sundowner Sessions cd also and it was released by Space Age, so i guess it is sitting in the Palmers drawer exclusively. I still think of getting the vinyl version of it, gotta bite the bullet with this, as dirty as this business is.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

I've never even heard of the Sundowner sessions before!

Plenty of things I'd have a passing interest in, but just nothing there that really gets my mouth watering.
I've only got into vinyl in the past couple of years, seemingly subsequent to the era when RSD really had a higher proportion of genuine exclusives. Part of me actually thinks this is a blessed relief. Just having things on a different coloured vinyl doesn't excite me in of itself.. And my bank balance surely thanks me for this!
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

Galaxie 500 - Copenhagen (2LP, etching) looks good, but I'm not getting in line to get one.
I'd rather try the next morning from the usual online suppliers.

Also Boys Next Door - Door, Door (red vinyl) if I can get an affordable copy.
natty
Known user

Post by natty »

New Czarface, Lovely Eggs, possibly Forever Alien as I don't own it on vinyl and the original was SpaceAge anyway. There were one or two others that caught my eye but I can't remember now. I try not to buy into it tbh, but there has been he odd thing I've wanted the last couple of years.

Interested to know what's on the Biggie 9 x LP as he only put 2 albums out during his lifetime and had a very short career. Won't be forking out for it though.