Lazer Guided Melodies listening party tonight

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

sunday_boy
New user

Lazer Guided Melodies listening party tonight

Post by sunday_boy »

In case you haven't seen this...
https://www.facebook.com/events/708621783298978
Today from 20:00-22:00 BST
Hosted by Classic Album Sundays and Joe Muggs Writing
Joe Muggs tells the story behind the first album from Spiritualized 'Lazer Guided Melodies'. As part of our 'Classic Albums at Home' programme of online events, Joe discusses his own personal recollections of the album and why it has endured as a classic.
After the album presentation, we encourage you all to play the entire album from beginning to end, without interruption, on any format available to you. We ask that you follow the Classic Album Sunday listening guidelines: turn off our phone, refrain from conversation and give yourself over to the music.
Once the album finishes, please join us in the 'Comments' section of the post to discuss the album and your listening experience. We will give away one pair of Klipsch T5 in-ear headphones to one of our contributors.
clewsr
Known user

Re: Lazer Guided Melodies listening party tonight

Post by clewsr »

how the fuck do you actually access it? All that I can see is that it is 'happening now'
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

selib
Known user

Post by selib »

clewsr wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 8:07 pm ah, they're going now https://www.facebook.com/ClassicAlbumSu ... ve_videos/
Thanks mate, I was trying to figure out for 10 minutes I swear
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

nice introduction. This is a great excuse to be sitting in my cellar drinking beer and playing my favorite record really loud. Got myself out of all kids bed time duties!
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Same here mate, except the kids bedtime bit, @ 16 and 18 they`ve basically turned into vampires during this lockdown, and my cellar is the spare bedroom, but the beer and music is bang on, I kinda save playing this for special occasions now :D
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

Good stuff. I like this idea of being able plan for something.

Perhaps we could do a scheduled forum album listen? Get everyone on here at the same time during lockdown and and chat while listening.

Something to break the monotony perhaps!
ro
Known user

Post by ro »

clewsr wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 9:20 pm Perhaps we could do a scheduled forum album listen? Get everyone on here at the same time during lockdown and and chat while listening.
what a lovely idea.
didn’t there used to be a chat feature on this site? i never tried it. but i suppose simply posting would do the trick as well.